Bullnose Forums

Opinions Wanted: Transmission Pans

One of the reasons I’ve put off changing my C6 transmission fluid for so long is my not wanting to deal with the hassle and mess of having to drop the pan. I see there are any number of aftermarket pans with drain plugs included - is there any reason I shouldn’t install one of these?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I know of.

Why, you don't like getting covered in burnt ATF and waterproofing your garage floor?

You should probably consider a magnetic drain plug if you're going that far.

I agree completely with Jim. C6 transmissions will make a huge mess.

One thought, if you are in an area where boating is popular, see if you can borrow an oil change pump. Many boaters with inboard or stern drive systems try to use them so oil doesn't get in the bilges.

One thought, if you are in an area where boating is popular, see if you can borrow an oil change pump. Many boaters with inboard or stern drive systems try to use them so oil doesn't get in the bilges.

Do you work at Jiffylube or OilStar Bill??? :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

While I'm thinking about it, any recommendations for a pan gasket? Fel-Pro is my usual gasket source, but if there's reason to consider something else I'm open to suggestions.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Fel-Pro/375/TOS18628/10002/-1

Being a macho gearbox man I don't have any long term preference.

I've never had problems with FelPro.... unless I did it to myself. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

You can get a cheap syphon pump at Horrible Fate.

And clear vinyl tube is like $0.10 a foot at the hardware