Bullnose Forums

Temp Gauge - What Color Wire in Engine Bay?

I have never checked the resistance on the gauge sender, but as far as the EFI sensor, I believe I sent Gary that information along with the values for the other sensors TPS, EVP etc.

Bill,

It's likely that the gauge range is similar or same as the other gauges, like fuel.

So perhaps the sender range is 10-65(?)

I forget, because I have the Bricknose gauges.

If you have time, could you picture the end of the box with the part numbers clearly visible?

Here we go. Still available from your local Ford dealer. I ordered this one last fall I believe, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet (truck hasn't been running in 8 months). I have a new aftermarket one installed currently, and it works, it just seems that the scale is off slightly...as in the gauge reads on the hotter side of the range all the time when the actual engine temp is just normal...like 195F. I am hoping the Ford sender fixes that for me.

IMG_8019.jpg.f1caa6d5f196e58ff0bac0b9292b7669.jpg

IMG_8020.jpg.3ef9cb8aadd8353d18526638fac14c85.jpg

If you have time, could you picture the end of the box with the part numbers clearly visible?

Here we go. Still available from your local Ford dealer. I ordered this one last fall I believe, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet (truck hasn't been running in 8 months). I have a new aftermarket one installed currently, and it works, it just seems that the scale is off slightly...as in the gauge reads on the hotter side of the range all the time when the actual engine temp is just normal...like 195F. I am hoping the Ford sender fixes that for me.

Funny, the van diesel has a different part number.

Must be a really tight fit in there.

**** Note the green insulator, as mentioned in the parts listing****

Anyway Motorcraft parts ftw!

(Yes, autocorrect DID try to trip me up with Vin Diesel! :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:)

You guys are awesome, thanks!