Bullnose Forums

New Assistant Admin - Jim!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you click my name, or any name, you don't see the option to Add/Remove Groups? If not lets give it over night and see what happens.

I SEE his groups, but no option to add or remove.

I guess my wings are clipped. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

But that's a GOOD thing, because I can't screw up what I don't have.

Go through the steps in the email and see if you can at least see someone's "groups". I wouldn't suggest taking membership away, but you should be able to at least see the membership.

And, see if you can peer into the Quarantined Posts & Threads folder to see what's in there.

Gary,

It occurred to me to look at my own profile...

Waddya know? It does say that one of my groups is assistant admin!

I also note I can't ban myself. :nabble_anim_jump: :nabble_anim_rules:

So obviously I have SOME power, but not the ultimate power.

Gary,

It occurred to me to look at my own profile...

Waddya know? It does say that one of my groups is assistant admin!

I also note I can't ban myself. :nabble_anim_jump: :nabble_anim_rules:

So obviously I have SOME power, but not the ultimate power.

Jim - I just made you an Admin. Lets see if that shows up. We've not used the Assistant Admin function, so maybe it is not working?

Yup, you show as Administrator.

Jim - I just made you an Admin. Lets see if that shows up. We've not used the Assistant Admin function, so maybe it is not working?

Yup, you show as Administrator.

Okay,

Now I see add or remove groups.

Edit profile.

And in this edit window I see to move or delete posts.

I'm a humble man....

I don't want no stinkin' badges!

But I'll play along, for you. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Okay,

Now I see add or remove groups.

Edit profile.

And in this edit window I see to move or delete posts.

I'm a humble man....

I don't want no stinkin' badges!

But I'll play along, for you. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Ok, then you shall be an Admin. It carries with it the ability to edit thing via the link at the bottom of the page, so please don't do that.

And, you can create folders and sub-folders, but please don't do that either until we talk about it. The issue there is that what we have isn't quite logical to a newbie and we need to sort that before creating more.

Ok, then you shall be an Admin. It carries with it the ability to edit thing via the link at the bottom of the page, so please don't do that.

And, you can create folders and sub-folders, but please don't do that either until we talk about it. The issue there is that what we have isn't quite logical to a newbie and we need to sort that before creating more.

I don't want to touch a darn thing.

You're doing too good a job cobbling this together and patching all the sucking wounds in nabble.

Muahhhhaha! :nabble_smiley_evil: