Bullnose Forums

Hello new users!

I like the deep V8 gurgling sound, so that's going to be a little project.

Maybe you or some of the members will give me some advice about HOW TO or which exhaust in combination with oem headers will fit or sounds the best.

Welcome aboard! I used to spend a lot of time traveling for work in both western and eastern Europe, but made only ONE trip to the Netherlands. Since it was a work trip to service a machine, I was in and out in about 48 hours and didn't get to see much but my hotel and the factory.

Anyway...my little F150 is only a 302, and I too wanted a little bit of that V8 rumble sound, but at the same time didn't want it to be too loud. I was trying to make it pleasant to drive, but still give me some of that hotrod feel. Here is a little video with a sample of the sound at idle. The truck wasn't finished at that time, but the exhaust was. It is full dual system with BBK shorty headers and Magnaflow mufflers.

Thank you very much Rembrant!

Which place(s) did you visit in The Netherlands? At least you could have had a good impression of Europe.

But 48H is waaaaaay too short to really see The Netherlands, or Holland as we say.

I really like your truck, rough stance, awesome color and great sound!!! Did you completely rebuild this truck yourself, or bought it this way?

I'll keep in mind your exhaust/ manifold set-up:nabble_smiley_good:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much Rembrant!

Which place(s) did you visit in The Netherlands? At least you could have had a good impression of Europe.

But 48H is waaaaaay too short to really see The Netherlands, or Holland as we say.

I really like your truck, rough stance, awesome color and great sound!!! Did you completely rebuild this truck yourself, or bought it this way?

I'll keep in mind your exhaust/ manifold set-up:nabble_smiley_good:

Just found this site thanks to some helpful people over at FTE. The documentation on the '85-'86 fuel system is already the best info I've been able to find for my '86 E150 anywhere! That's right, I have a Ford van, not a truck, so I hope that's close enough since finding van-specific info on the web is not easy. Anyway, I'm having an issue with my in tank fuel pump/fuel selector valve so I'll make a separate post for that. Should I make a new post in the main thread or reply to one of the existing threads on fuel selector issues that I found?

Just found this site thanks to some helpful people over at FTE. The documentation on the '85-'86 fuel system is already the best info I've been able to find for my '86 E150 anywhere! That's right, I have a Ford van, not a truck, so I hope that's close enough since finding van-specific info on the web is not easy. Anyway, I'm having an issue with my in tank fuel pump/fuel selector valve so I'll make a separate post for that. Should I make a new post in the main thread or reply to one of the existing threads on fuel selector issues that I found?

Welcome! Glad you found us. I assume you are the L.R.D. that said this on FTE? "oh man, well, don't want to wade into troubled waters there. I did find a bunch of useful info on Gary's site which confirms my suspicion that the problem lies once again with this fuel selector valve."

As for the E-Series, while we don't really consider them a Bullnose, they sure share a lot of parts with them, so we should be able to embrace you. (Besides, we have several members who don't have a Bullnose truck.)

Where is home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and could add you if we had a zip or city. Who knows, you might be a neighbor?

And starting a new thread in the main section would be the best way to ask your questions.

Welcome! Glad you found us. I assume you are the L.R.D. that said this on FTE? "oh man, well, don't want to wade into troubled waters there. I did find a bunch of useful info on Gary's site which confirms my suspicion that the problem lies once again with this fuel selector valve."

As for the E-Series, while we don't really consider them a Bullnose, they sure share a lot of parts with them, so we should be able to embrace you. (Besides, we have several members who don't have a Bullnose truck.)

Where is home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and could add you if we had a zip or city. Who knows, you might be a neighbor?

And starting a new thread in the main section would be the best way to ask your questions.

Ha! yeah, that was me. another user there had pointed me to info you have and then mentioned a falling out between the two sites so yeah, don't want to step on anyone's toes, so to speak.

anyway, thanks for having me. I'm from Kansas City, btw.

Ha! yeah, that was me. another user there had pointed me to info you have and then mentioned a falling out between the two sites so yeah, don't want to step on anyone's toes, so to speak.

There's no real beef.

Internet Brands is a business model. Therefore it sells members and puts advertising on site.

But everything you post, every image becomes their property.

Gary decided to take his ball and go home.

An amazing amount of documentation is here and the S:N is much better. :nabble_smiley_good:

There's no real beef.

Internet Brands is a business model. Therefore it sells members and puts advertising on site.

But everything you post, every image becomes their property.

Gary decided to take his ball and go home.

An amazing amount of documentation is here and the S:N is much better. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yep, Jim is spot-on. I had an issue with the management of FTE and Internet Brands, which owns FTE and many, many other forums on the internet. I tried to resolve it but couldn't, so set this up with an eye to what I didn't like about over there - the advertising and the lack of control.

So here we have no advertising, or annual fees to get rid of advertising. And we are in control of our own destiny, which means we've made a number of changes to the forum to fit our needs, like changing the emoticons and other little things that make it "ours".

But several people on here are also on there. In fact, I was on FTE yesterday to resolve a problem they were having with posting documentation from here. (The way they were doing it doesn't work, but the way I suggested does.) So there's no war. And you are free to chose which you like best.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up my paid membership on FTE after Gary invited myself and a few others as founding members on here. I still get periodic emails asking me to reply to a post or private message, but just don't visit there much any more.

There is another forum I am on that was bought by VerticalScope Inc. and I am not over enamored of the changes they have made, some are better as the basic layout now pretty much matches a lot of other sites, other ones not so much.

I gave up my paid membership on FTE after Gary invited myself and a few others as founding members on here. I still get periodic emails asking me to reply to a post or private message, but just don't visit there much any more.

There is another forum I am on that was bought by VerticalScope Inc. and I am not over enamored of the changes they have made, some are better as the basic layout now pretty much matches a lot of other sites, other ones not so much.

Along these lines, I recently got pointed to my thread on taurusclub.com, the one where I repainted HALF of the gray interior with SEM ColorCoat paint. I think I became a paid member over there, although I never paid the photobucket ransom and so half the pictures don't work anymore.

But that's OK, the other half still work, and that's all I need... point being, if/when it comes time to sell all that Taurus SHO stuff *everything* is documented as to what I did and how I did it. THAT is the cool part, that everything is documented (with pictures :nabble_smiley_cool: to PROVE ("show me," as the judge would say) exactly what I did and *how* I did it.

That car (well, the interior) has remained largely unchanged since it blew up at the racetrack (looks like that was in 2012!!!), and I can point people to it (the thread) if/when it becomes time to sell all those things (the Taurii SHOs) hopefully as one lump sum.

But we'll see what happens, I guess....

https://www.taurusclub.com/threads/i-agree-with-the-book-this-is-best-done-with-two-people.171919/#post-1703156

P.S. Whatever happened to that Founding Fathers thing? I see a place for admin stuff but I don't think I've seen that Founding fathers place recently, is it still here?

New guy. Mt Airy, NC Truck history includes a 70 F100, 84 Dodge W100, 92 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Nissan Frontier. THen a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country (best all around vehicle ever). And now an 81 F 150. HAve put deposit on; supposed to pick up on 3/17/2021. Started looking for parts and resources to make it good as possible. Wife has plans for it to startwork almost immediately. Solid truck - photos in photo gallery.

302 with 5 spd conversion - will have questions on identifying the trans when I can get more photos under truck. Conversion seems to be professionally done. Dude is providing $6k in reciepts from a trusted local garage for work done to this point. All work looks good, professional. Body is solid - no rust or bubbles.

Look forward to talking to you guys more and more.

Randy

New guy. Mt Airy, NC Truck history includes a 70 F100, 84 Dodge W100, 92 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Nissan Frontier. THen a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country (best all around vehicle ever). And now an 81 F 150. HAve put deposit on; supposed to pick up on 3/17/2021. Started looking for parts and resources to make it good as possible. Wife has plans for it to startwork almost immediately. Solid truck - photos in photo gallery.

302 with 5 spd conversion - will have questions on identifying the trans when I can get more photos under truck. Conversion seems to be professionally done. Dude is providing $6k in reciepts from a trusted local garage for work done to this point. All work looks good, professional. Body is solid - no rust or bubbles.

Look forward to talking to you guys more and more.

Randy

Glad you've found us! :nabble_waving_orig:

The quick way to distinguish a Mazda M5R2 from a Zf is that the Zf has diagonal webbing on the outside of the case.

The Zf is a heavy-duty, but also clunkier, gearbox.

It was found behind 351's in F-250's.

While the Mazda was common to both Windsors and the inline 300 (which shares the bell housing bolt pattern.