Bullnose Forums

Hello new users!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the amount of distance that you are struggling with seems very similar to the dimension of the opening in the bell housing and the alignment shoulder of the transmission which centers the two. slip them back apart and measure them. just as a surety of fit. once sure then add a thin film of bearing grease to the shoulder of the transmission only before re setting it. but be sure of each of the other depth measurements also.

Thanks Matt, never thought of that. I’ll give it a try. Hopefully that’s it.

Welcome Doug! :nabble_waving_orig:

Where are you from? (just a city or zip code)

I would have said the transmission input is not entering the crankshaft pilot bush, but you say that the dummy shaft (alignment tool) slips all the way in, and it would be obvious if the gearbox shaft had a bigger pilot than the tool. đź’ˇ

I'm not super familiar with the NP gearboxes, so I'm going to suggest that you create a new topic on the main page, where more people will see it than in this obscure corner of the New Members section.

Once again, thanks for becoming a member of our little community! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I live in Burr Oak State Park. North of Glouster, Ohio.

Moved here on retirement, about 4 years ago. Loving every minute of it.

Thought I would try my hand at saving an old Ford. So far it’s been a bit of a challenge, but that’s what I like about it.

I live in Burr Oak State Park. North of Glouster, Ohio.

Moved here on retirement, about 4 years ago. Loving every minute of it.

Thought I would try my hand at saving an old Ford. So far it’s been a bit of a challenge, but that’s what I like about it.

Doug - You are now on the map.

What did you retire from?

Hi, new member here. Looking for some help. I had to replace my transmission with an np 435. I can’t seem to get it to slide all the way in. It lacks about 3/8 to 1//2 inch from sliding into place. I’ve tried it 8 different times now and I don’t want to force it. I had a RTS AJ transmission that no parts were available for it. Supposedly the NP should fit. I rebuilt the NP, put new input shaft on it. Also, put in new pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing. The alignment tool fits all the way in and I’ve measured the input shaft. It looks like everything should fit. I can start the bolts on the transmission to the bell housing, but I don’t know if I should force it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug

Welcome!

Hi Gary, retired from the restaurant business after over 30 years. Use to run an own/operate a Taco John’s .

Don't know of Taco John. Maybe that's a regional thing?

Anyway, I'm loving retirement! For the most part I get to do what I want to do. :nabble_smiley_happy:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

My name is Mike, I'm a golf pro in Northern Arizona.

I grew up loving Fords, Dad had a 78 that we used to plow drive ways with, he always owned fords.

I had a 68 mustang for a bit.

Few years back I was looking for a daily driver/toy/Fixer upper, and I started looking for a Bronco, we used to own an early 70's model and a 90's model growing up. I really wanted a 78 or 79 but they weren't in my budget. Then I found this beauty down the street. It's lived in AZ it's whole life ( NO RUST) it was running and driving 4x4 for $3k. I didn't care about the looks.

I've drove it all over the valley, took it on a couple trail rides and it did great. I've hauled my quad with it.

I've replaced numerous parts, starter, carb, power steering, steering column, harmonic balancer...but it recently has been running rough and I parked it for a bit and decided to clean it.

That turned into me ripping out the entire interior and all the wires. All of them. And i didn't do a good job of labeling or taking pics.

So let me say THANK YOU!!! To everyone here. I've been combing through this website and the only reason I started this project is because I knew I had this resource.

I've been going to YouTube University and learning. I can't thank you all enough.

Current status of project, just finished installing new insulation in firewall and put dash back in and started my first draft of running wires (I call it first draft, cause I end up doing everything twice and re-doing is so negative, so I have first and sometime second drafts before i finalize things).

Again, thank you all for the forum, and this great website. It's easy to get around and has soooo much information.