Bullnose Forums

Hello new users!

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel and I am a happy owner of a 1980 Ford Bronco. I send you greetings from Patagonia Argentina.

Wow! Argentina is far from here (Quebec, Canada), and its Patagonia region even more!

Bullnoses enthusiasts are everywhere!

Welcome!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel and I am a happy owner of a 1980 Ford Bronco. I send you greetings from Patagonia Argentina.

Welcome Daniel! :nabble_waving_orig:

What are your summers like, there at the end of the continent?

Most of us here only get a picture of Patagonia or Tierra del Fuego from an exotic travel brochure.

Welcome Daniel! :nabble_waving_orig:

What are your summers like, there at the end of the continent?

Most of us here only get a picture of Patagonia or Tierra del Fuego from an exotic travel brochure.

I live in the northern part of Patagonia, the summers are very pleasant. The climate in this part allows you to enjoy nature all year round, respecting the different characteristics that each season has.

I live in the northern part of Patagonia, the summers are very pleasant. The climate in this part allows you to enjoy nature all year round, respecting the different characteristics that each season has.

This sounds like a stunningly beautiful place to live.

I am glad you chose to join our little group. :nabble_smiley_good:

Wow! Argentina is far from here (Quebec, Canada), and its Patagonia region even more!

Welcome!

Thank you! It is my second Ford Bronco, it is a very noble vehicle, despite its age.

Welcome!

Thank you! It is my second Ford Bronco, it is a very noble vehicle, despite its age.

That sounds really nice. Post some pics?

• 2 months later...

Hi, new member here. Looking for some help. I had to replace my transmission with an np 435. I can’t seem to get it to slide all the way in. It lacks about 3/8 to 1//2 inch from sliding into place. I’ve tried it 8 different times now and I don’t want to force it. I had a RTS AJ transmission that no parts were available for it. Supposedly the NP should fit. I rebuilt the NP, put new input shaft on it. Also, put in new pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing. The alignment tool fits all the way in and I’ve measured the input shaft. It looks like everything should fit. I can start the bolts on the transmission to the bell housing, but I don’t know if I should force it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug

IMG_0474.jpeg.0bc8f81c7d5f76a07c4cba6f91c6adfa.jpeg

Hi, new member here. Looking for some help. I had to replace my transmission with an np 435. I can’t seem to get it to slide all the way in. It lacks about 3/8 to 1//2 inch from sliding into place. I’ve tried it 8 different times now and I don’t want to force it. I had a RTS AJ transmission that no parts were available for it. Supposedly the NP should fit. I rebuilt the NP, put new input shaft on it. Also, put in new pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing. The alignment tool fits all the way in and I’ve measured the input shaft. It looks like everything should fit. I can start the bolts on the transmission to the bell housing, but I don’t know if I should force it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug

Welcome Doug! :nabble_waving_orig:

Where are you from? (just a city or zip code)

I would have said the transmission input is not entering the crankshaft pilot bush, but you say that the dummy shaft (alignment tool) slips all the way in, and it would be obvious if the gearbox shaft had a bigger pilot than the tool. 💡

I'm not super familiar with the NP gearboxes, so I'm going to suggest that you create a new topic on the main page, where more people will see it than in this obscure corner of the New Members section.

Once again, thanks for becoming a member of our little community! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Welcome Doug! :nabble_waving_orig:

Where are you from? (just a city or zip code)

I would have said the transmission input is not entering the crankshaft pilot bush, but you say that the dummy shaft (alignment tool) slips all the way in, and it would be obvious if the gearbox shaft had a bigger pilot than the tool. 💡

I'm not super familiar with the NP gearboxes, so I'm going to suggest that you create a new topic on the main page, where more people will see it than in this obscure corner of the New Members section.

Once again, thanks for becoming a member of our little community! :nabble_anim_handshake:

the amount of distance that you are struggling with seems very similar to the dimension of the opening in the bell housing and the alignment shoulder of the transmission which centers the two. slip them back apart and measure them. just as a surety of fit. once sure then add a thin film of bearing grease to the shoulder of the transmission only before re setting it. but be sure of each of the other depth measurements also.

the amount of distance that you are struggling with seems very similar to the dimension of the opening in the bell housing and the alignment shoulder of the transmission which centers the two. slip them back apart and measure them. just as a surety of fit. once sure then add a thin film of bearing grease to the shoulder of the transmission only before re setting it. but be sure of each of the other depth measurements also.

Could it be a locating dowel (sleeve)?