Bullnose Forums

Hello new users!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2nd day here.

I remember checking out this forum or something like it a few years back...maybe 8 or more..

I frequent grandmarq.net almost daily and FTE now and then too.

As it appears, this is all time tested HTML and it works and makes sense.

One thing I've seen being requested on other forums is a way to download or somehow save content. The idea is if the person hosting walks away, everyone loses everything.

Right now the uploading of a simple picture for my profile is kicking my tailgate.

There's my constructive criticism.

Be well and have a coffee

Why do you have trouble uploading a photo?

The forum software is antiquated and only accepts 1Mb..

You can click 'large size' in the right hand column and it automagically gets resized.

Gary has explained to his wife and kids that the forum should be continued.

There's nothing here that you can't copy locally.

Gary even has a bunch of it OCR'd for your convenience

My 2nd day here.

I remember checking out this forum or something like it a few years back...maybe 8 or more..

One thing I've seen being requested on other forums is a way to download or somehow save content. The idea is if the person hosting walks away, everyone loses everything.

Right now the uploading of a simple picture for my profile is kicking my tailgate.

The code for this site is old and proprietary. I've tried to port our forum elsewhere and have been unsuccessful. And I tried to run the code on my own server, to no avail. :nabble_smiley_cry:

As for the profile pic, that's a pain. I don't remember exactly how to do that. :nabble_anim_confused:

My 2nd day here.

The code for this site is old and proprietary. I've tried to port our forum elsewhere and have been unsuccessful. And I tried to run the code on my own server, to no avail. :nabble_smiley_cry:

As for the profile pic, that's a pain. I don't remember exactly how to do that. :nabble_anim_confused:

Appreciate your efforts here.

The code is appropriate and reliable, just as the subject. How about that.

For what I can remember, it's just a question of image dimensions.

But it's near impossible to size it from an Android device.

As I recall I had to ask Gary to size mine correctly even though id cropped it and scaled it to the proper # of pixels

Hello Jim and other Bullnose People

I'm Martin from Graz / Austria (maybe better known for you as hometown of the Mercedes G Factory and birthplace of Arnold Schwarzenegger :nabble_smiley_wink:)

15 years ago I bought my first car... very unussual for european standards: a 81 Bronco

The previous owner(s) made some bad customizations and changed a lot in a stupid way. The last 10 years he is parking in a Garage and I only went for some offroad trips in the mountains. 2024 I start with a sort of rebuild and correct offroad-customization to bring my bull on the road again. It's a bit a problem in Austria, because this thing is here not really street legal.

I think I'm the first member from Austria here :)...maybe also driving the last Bullnose in Austria... I only saw one 10 years ago on our local marketplace.

So it looks like, I need a bit informative help from the Pro's (you) and maybe a way to get decend parts I can work with.

Thank's for organizing this Forum and greethings from the alps :)

Welcome!

For anybody new trying to upload a profile picture, there's also an unusual delay that makes you think that you're doing it wrong. When you upload a picture, it shows as complete, but your old/previous picture still shows up...for how long I don't know. All I know is that when I come back to the forum a few hours later, the new profile picture will be showing. Maybe it's just me, but I always find it weird and just give up after a few minutes and leave it alone. The forum updates the profile picture at a later time.