Bullnose Forums

Hello new users!

No sir, this is a new Jolene. She's more of a parts-truck than anything, boy she needs some work, but I took pity on her because I needed something that could transport lumber and masonry for the house. I couldn't really rationalize spending too much money so I ended up with this old thing which needs a lot of love. She's not going to be registered for a while, I have to completely redo the brake system, re-seal the oil pan, and address some rotting suspension mounts. Thus the name Jolene; she's going to take my wife's man from her a-la the old Dolly Parton song.

Other projects that will need addressing: a rotting floor pan, complete lack of A/C compressor system (was it optional in this generation??), and the air pump was deleted which I hope doesn't affect inspection...

it's funny how we name our trucks. I actually have a "dolly". I did a faux patina paint job and figured that was close to her comment about being a lot of work to look this cheap.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's funny how we name our trucks. I actually have a "dolly". I did a faux patina paint job and figured that was close to her comment about being a lot of work to look this cheap.

Dolly is a national treasure. I will die on this hill! haha

• 1 month later...

Nice to see I'm not the only one. Mine is an lifted 83 F250 running on 37's that I call Shorty. 6.9 Diesel with a 4 speed manual. She's got some issues I'm working trough but for what I paid at auction and what has been done to her before I got it I'm not complaining.

Nice to see I'm not the only one. Mine is an lifted 83 F250 running on 37's that I call Shorty. 6.9 Diesel with a 4 speed manual. She's got some issues I'm working trough but for what I paid at auction and what has been done to her before I got it I'm not complaining.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi my name is stretch, I have just bought a e150 van 1987 only had the van since Monday will try and work out how to use the forum just getting it ready for mot as it’s been of the rod for 2 years

Hello, Stretch! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

But you do realize that most of our documentation is for the F-Series pickups, and mainly from 1980 - 86. Right?

That’s not to say you can’t be here or we can’t help. It is just that most of our knowledge is for the earlier pickups. And we have a number of members who don’t have one of these trucks, so that isn’t a requirement.

MOT? Where’s home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member’s Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or postal code.

Hello, Stretch! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

But you do realize that most of our documentation is for the F-Series pickups, and mainly from 1980 - 86. Right?

That’s not to say you can’t be here or we can’t help. It is just that most of our knowledge is for the earlier pickups. And we have a number of members who don’t have one of these trucks, so that isn’t a requirement.

MOT? Where’s home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member’s Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or postal code.

The E-series vans were based on the F-series, so some of the information will be helpful here.

The thing is though the E-series van was not redesigned in the 80's like the F-series. So the 1975-1991 E-series have more in common with the 1973-1979 F-series, than our 1980-86's.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my names antoneo, I got a 1986 F150 single cab mounted on a old box truck frame with a 4.9L, I'm trying to fine the engine year and frame year to cross reference for chassis part, anyone think they can put. Me in the right direction

Here's a pic of the beutiful beast

Also has anyone done a dash swap for a newer for into one the bull nose bodies