Bullnose Forums

Hello new users!

Ed, I see your picture just fine!

I can't offer any iPhone specific help as I'm on Android, but I do know that Gary our founder uses his iPad and iPhone exclusively, so maybe he has some advice about your screen viewing issues.

I'm going to suggest that you start a new topic down in the main forum where your posts will get more visibility than this tiny corner of the new users sub-section.

Once again, thank you for joining our community and thank you for persevering through your apparent posting problems.

We really try hard to make the forum easy and inclusive for everyone. Unfortunately the forum software is rather old and doesn't always play nice with current generations of users hardware.

I know that Gary is rather busy these days but I will try to attract his attention by assigning this post to him..... 😐

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Jim is right that things are a bit busy for me at the moment and I can’t take much time right now on the iPhone question. But I’m using my new iPhone 14 and I’m not having problems.

I’ve included screenshots of both landscape and portrait modes on my phone.

So what am I missing?

IMG_0061.thumb.png.c5e8c5494c06a09dd060cbe964dd35a4.png

IMG_0060.thumb.png.f779feee7c1d7116e70c254acd3b28a1.png

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Jim is right that things are a bit busy for me at the moment and I can’t take much time right now on the iPhone question. But I’m using my new iPhone 14 and I’m not having problems.

I’ve included screenshots of both landscape and portrait modes on my phone.

So what am I missing?

Thank you for chiming in. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I know your time is precious and I don't want to impose, but I really have no idea of the IOS UX.

Thanks Jim for the welcome

As far as getting pics posted I mentioned I am using an iphone, not sure if that is an issue, I do not have a computer, it is an issue for me as far as viewing. In a lot of cases I have to turn my phone sideways to view the page for example signing in. Once I put in my email the page moves to the left and I can only see the end of the right side of the password box. I can see the whole box if I turn my phone sideways but the header and footer take up 2/3’s of the screen and make viewing difficult as well.

As far as attaching a picture I used the paper clip icon at the top of the text box. It sounds like that might be the wrong choice. I do see an orange button, I think, is it rectangle and second from the left?

I am going to give it a try right now and see what happens.

Let me try again

Well no joy. Same as above “nabble_img src= etc”

However it inserts it in the middle of a sentence above in my text.

I do really want to get this sorted out so I can move on and be able to communicate effectively with others.

What am I doing wrong or is it the fact that I do not have a computer only an iphone?

Thank you again

Ed

Hi there!

I post on the forum from various Apple devices, the most confortable is my desktop Mac.

The iPad works pretty well too, but suffers of the same issues that the iPhone when inserting pictures, bold and italic texts, hyperlinks or sometimes emojis: the cursor jumps anywhere in the text and insert at an annoying place…

Worst device is my iPhone: It’s a 12 Mini (small screen), and since I updated it to iOS 16, the “path” menu is out of frame (I have to flip it from portrait to landscape to view the whole titles).

My advice: when you insert something, touch the icon gently and verify immediately if it is at the right place.

Be patient, and good luck!

:nabble_smiley_good:

Hello, thank you for your site.

I hope I can learn how to use it.:nabble_anim_crazy:

I have an 84 F150 extra cab automatic, long bed, 4x4, with very low miles for it’s age, under 100,000 miles. I have pictures but reading how to post a picture was Greek to me.:nabble_anim_confused:

I hopefully was able to post pictures at the end of this post.

It is completely stock and a California vehicle which means I have to leave all the smog in place. I’m hoping to learn everything I can to be able to get this 302 2 bbl to the best tune I can in spite of all the smog. I need to understand all the vacuum from smog to whatever else is actuated with vacuum, I’m guessing a truck this age is going to have cracked vacuum lines which will play havoc on tuning. Need to know how to trouble shoot and find all the vacuum associated items.

I have a “stumble” right off throttle. You can feather the throttle and get it past the stumble but the truck just seems to have a hard time getting up to speed. Seems sluggish. The tires are a size or two taller than stock maybe this is part of the sluggish issue? I want to rebuild the carb. I’m thinking excellerator pump and this is where I am hoping to tap into your brain trust. Maybe it’s a vacuum issue? Maybe a timing issue? Maybe a carb issue?

Maybe it is a combo of things? Looking for everything I can check and eliminate. What is the best kit?

I have Orilleys, Auto Zone and Napa locally and of course the internet.

Carb adjusting, Timing, transmission kick down adjustment, choke adjustment. Overall there is a lot of wires and hoses (smog) I’m guessing to wade through just to get to the engine and I’m guessing that all this smog has got to be working correct to get the best tune I can.

Also I tried to follow the instructions to post an intro of me and the truck. I’m not sure if this is the correct spot. I tried following my initial set of instructions from my email I received from registering and links to get info about me sent so an administrator could evaluate and give me final clearance and access but it was not obvious to me what, where and how to do it. It appears that this forum is designed for a computer and all I have is an iphone.

Any help with navigating and posting would be appreciated.

Right up front I am a computer/Tech dummy, which makes my objective of having access to all the knowledge and help offered here almost out of reach.

Thank you in advance

Ed from north east California near Nevada and Oregon boarders where the pavement ends and the west is still wild. I know doesn’t fit the typical image of what people think of California. I live where the Sierra’s end and the Cascade’s begin on the east side of the mountains in the high desert right where the pine trees end and all the farm land for raising hay and ranching begins. I can leave my back yard and for the most part make to Idaho through Nevada or into east Oregon without getting on any pavement (almost) so I need to get this 84 in tip top shape.

Thank you again

Ed

IMG_5446.jpeg

IMG_5443.jpeg

IMG_5445.jpeg

IMG_5444.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

Welcome!

Hello Jim!

Thanks for the quick response. I’m in CA and have a F250 Centurion. Glad I found you . Now I will be able to get the information needed to keep her on the road!

I’m pressed for time but look forward to interacting with you.

Talk soon Kenneth

Hello Jim!

Thanks for the quick response. I’m in CA and have a F250 Centurion. Glad I found you . Now I will be able to get the information needed to keep her on the road!

I’m pressed for time but look forward to interacting with you.

Talk soon Kenneth

Welcome, Kenny! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of CA? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city or zip.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's how I found this website.

While researching parts and information about my Ford pickup, I learned two things. The first being my truck was called a Bullnose and the second thing was this forum. My Ford pickup is a 1985 standard cab F250 4x4 5.0 EFI w/ a 4 speed automatic overdrive transmission. The first owner was my father who leased the truck new from Ford 1985 to 1988. When the 3 year lease expired, I purchased the truck from Ford for the residual amount. I have no recollection of how many miles were on the truck when I purchased it in 1988 but it wasn't very many perhaps around 25,000 miles. It was the very first vehicle I ever purchased with financing.

The truck served me very well over the next 15 years and was like having a faithful friend. In 1988 I was single and by 2003 I was married with a family of four. Well four people don't fit very well in a standard cab pickup so I had to part ways with the Ford and purchase a crew cab pickup. At this time the truck was in pampered excellent condition having about 160K miles on the clock.

It turns out the buyer of the '85 Ford was a neighbor of my dad's and over the next several years I saw the truck many times out on the road. Seeing it always brought back fond memories.

Fast forward to 2018, one day I am in town were I grew up at the hardware store. Assisting me happens to be the current owner of the truck who is the son of the guy who purchased it from me. A conversation about the truck ultimately leads to me buying it back. I hate to admit it but I bought it back out of nostalgia not completely thinking through this purchase.

By now the truck has 250K miles and has been well used and a bit abused. No longer is it the nice truck I originally owned but it appears to be a sound basis as a fixer upper. I already have a current model pickup so this truck really is a toy so to speak, something I just had to have but really didn't need.

I get it home by having to trailer it nearly 800 miles to New Mexico from California. I am glad I did. A few days later after arriving I decide to start the truck one morning when it was 18 degrees outside. I am met with metallic clanging in the engine while the engine is being turned over by the starter. The engine did start but there was an obvious problem with the noise and the engine not running on 8 cylinders.

After working to diagnose the problem, the decision is made to tear down the engine. Immediately when the valve covers are removed, bent pushrods are found. I was hesitant to go further because of limited shop space. We proceed and in fact seven of the intake pushrods were bent. In talking with a machine shop, the cause was determined to be from stale gas causing the intake valves to stick due to varnish. While this problem didn't appear when the weather was warm, temperatures in the teens was no doubt a contributing factor.

part two to follow . . . .

While researching parts and information about my Ford pickup, I learned two things. The first being my truck was called a Bullnose and the second thing was this forum. My Ford pickup is a 1985 standard cab F250 4x4 5.0 EFI w/ a 4 speed automatic overdrive transmission. The first owner was my father who leased the truck new from Ford 1985 to 1988. When the 3 year lease expired, I purchased the truck from Ford for the residual amount. I have no recollection of how many miles were on the truck when I purchased it in 1988 but it wasn't very many perhaps around 25,000 miles. It was the very first vehicle I ever purchased with financing.

The truck served me very well over the next 15 years and was like having a faithful friend. In 1988 I was single and by 2003 I was married with a family of four. Well four people don't fit very well in a standard cab pickup so I had to part ways with the Ford and purchase a crew cab pickup. At this time the truck was in pampered excellent condition having about 160K miles on the clock.

It turns out the buyer of the '85 Ford was a neighbor of my dad's and over the next several years I saw the truck many times out on the road. Seeing it always brought back fond memories.

Fast forward to 2018, one day I am in town were I grew up at the hardware store. Assisting me happens to be the current owner of the truck who is the son of the guy who purchased it from me. A conversation about the truck ultimately leads to me buying it back. I hate to admit it but I bought it back out of nostalgia not completely thinking through this purchase.

By now the truck has 250K miles and has been well used and a bit abused. No longer is it the nice truck I originally owned but it appears to be a sound basis as a fixer upper. I already have a current model pickup so this truck really is a toy so to speak, something I just had to have but really didn't need.

I get it home by having to trailer it nearly 800 miles to New Mexico from California. I am glad I did. A few days later after arriving I decide to start the truck one morning when it was 18 degrees outside. I am met with metallic clanging in the engine while the engine is being turned over by the starter. The engine did start but there was an obvious problem with the noise and the engine not running on 8 cylinders.

After working to diagnose the problem, the decision is made to tear down the engine. Immediately when the valve covers are removed, bent pushrods are found. I was hesitant to go further because of limited shop space. We proceed and in fact seven of the intake pushrods were bent. In talking with a machine shop, the cause was determined to be from stale gas causing the intake valves to stick due to varnish. While this problem didn't appear when the weather was warm, temperatures in the teens was no doubt a contributing factor.

Welcome! Glad you joined. And glad you got your truck back. :nabble_anim_claps:

Anxious to read Part 2, but am worried about the emissions issue in CA. Is your truck originally a CA truck?

Welcome Vern! :nabble_waving_orig:

We love these story's with family history going back to new.

While it's a bummer that your valves stuck, with 250k on it maybe it's time for a refresh?

If you have specific questions it's probably best to address them in the main forum.

If you want to document your journey with the truck perhaps start a 'Projects' thread.

I see from your username and email you're a connoisseur of fine British motorbikes..

Welcome! Glad you joined. And glad you got your truck back. :nabble_anim_claps:

Anxious to read Part 2, but am worried about the emissions issue in CA. Is your truck originally a CA truck?

Gary, he's in New Mexico (the land of enchantment) and chili peppers.. (red or green)