Bullnose Forums

Hello new users!

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

This is OUR forum, and we are constantly looking to fix or improve the user experience.

So I've been tasked with getting feedback from those who are not yet in the close circle or 'brethren' of Bullnose Enthusiasts.

We have some of the most comprehensive data compilations available on the net.

We try to heed the Friendly Open Respectful Discussion policy.

But there's always room to improve, and that's why I started this thread.

How is your experience?

Are you having problems finding what you want or need?

Basically; what can we do to make this place better for all of US?

look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Thanks, Jim

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

How is your experience?

Thanks, Jim

This is a great site for the bullnose trucks. Over the years I have owned 3 of them and my favourite was an 86 300 np435 3.08 regular cab long box non catalyst 2wd F150. It was the absolute definition of a work truck: simple, reliable, low maintenance and tough. Unfortunately it rusted away.

Would just like to thank Gary, yourself and all others who have put in the hours to make this site such a mine of information.

I have a question on using the "Quote" function when replying. I have been quoting the entire message and then deleting the unwanted parts of the post that I am replying to. Is there a better way?

How is your experience?

Thanks, Jim

This is a great site for the bullnose trucks. Over the years I have owned 3 of them and my favourite was an 86 300 np435 3.08 regular cab long box non catalyst 2wd F150. It was the absolute definition of a work truck: simple, reliable, low maintenance and tough. Unfortunately it rusted away.

Would just like to thank Gary, yourself and all others who have put in the hours to make this site such a mine of information.

I have a question on using the "Quote" function when replying. I have been quoting the entire message and then deleting the unwanted parts of the post that I am replying to. Is there a better way?

Well, Gary is the real 'master' of this site, but that's how I do it.

I'm humbled, and Thank You for the question. :nabble_smiley_cool:

How is your experience?

Thanks, Jim

You are welcome. Glad it works for you. But we are far from done, so help us make it better.

Having said that, quoting is an area that needs some help. However, I don't know how to make it better. Perhaps you have a suggestion?

At present, if I want to cut a quote up into sections in order to answer them one-by-one I hit the "Quote" button and then do some editing. For instance, I just did that with your message and then had to edit out Jim's part, which you had also quoted.

By copying and pasting the "quote author="nic55kel"" and the "/quote" text, along with their characters ahead and behind, I cut it into three sections and commented on each. Or, you could hit Quote three times and just edit each section.

That is a work truck, for sure. With the granny low coupled with the 3.08 gears you had enough grunt down low to move anything and high enough top gear to cruise.

Glad it is working for you.

Not that I know of - yet. But what it begs for is a way to quote multiple people's statements. And the only way I know how to do that is to open another tab and quote the other statements there and copy/paste them. :nabble_smiley_uh:

You are welcome. Glad it works for you. But we are far from done, so help us make it better.

Having said that, quoting is an area that needs some help. However, I don't know how to make it better. Perhaps you have a suggestion?

At present, if I want to cut a quote up into sections in order to answer them one-by-one I hit the "Quote" button and then do some editing. For instance, I just did that with your message and then had to edit out Jim's part, which you had also quoted.

By copying and pasting the "quote author="nic55kel"" and the "/quote" text, along with their characters ahead and behind, I cut it into three sections and commented on each. Or, you could hit Quote three times and just edit each section.

That is a work truck, for sure. With the granny low coupled with the 3.08 gears you had enough grunt down low to move anything and high enough top gear to cruise.

Glad it is working for you.

Not that I know of - yet. But what it begs for is a way to quote multiple people's statements. And the only way I know how to do that is to open another tab and quote the other statements there and copy/paste them. :nabble_smiley_uh:

I do that too, Gary.

But multi quote function would be nice!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Everyone,

After buying and selling 2 Ford's as a newcomer into US (1967 Galaxie 500 Convertible 390 and 1995 Bronco XLT 5.8), I just got my 3rd Ford in our 3rd year in US. It is a 1983 F350 Custom Single Cab Dually. It has 460 in it with 4 speed manual tranny. Original paint and interior, 89k miles. As Midwesterns know very well, it is nearly impossible to find rust free cars around here, so I was looking for something all over states. And found this beauty in Missoula, MT. It was never been driven in winter, undercoated from factory, 1st owner and absolutely rust free. I also fell in love with the factory writings under the hood and engine bay area. Because of pandemic and being a dually, companies tried to charge me crazy amounts for transport and I decided to drive it all the way from West Montana to Illinois))) (A Turkish courage, or stupidity. Whatever you call) I drove her for 1580 miles, spent 11 mpg but saved tons of money. (Except the need to use Advil 200 mg for the next 3 months) I did not have any issues at all. The only thing was my mistake. I used the front fuel tank all the way down and probably it sucked dirt. I have lower fuel pressure and choking only on front tank, I hope I can fix it easily with filter changes. I know that both of the electric pumps were replaced by the owner.

I am not a big fan of sucking air noise, so I may get rid of the Ford racing covers and filter and return back to original (The seller gave them) Here are the pics:

By the way,I still could not find the workshop manual for 83 F350, if anybody have a link I appreciate so much...

IMG_1681.jpg.05f28b1c1dcec7c029c5c8b9f2c479de.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg.75c094a390329cf09e246cffc89a4dd7.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg.c5d3ba3ad99d6c845779fa2b52d21ee1.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg.ba142a6379dedcfa14db73885fe94e9b.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg.3eccbf46df88e14621040bd0bf41e0a8.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg.1edb19fe895bab2ccc7ae048e578c90c.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg.1c46ab1685f0c0c2270c29b1c1063393.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg.e356b91a4a2915ea1b570c49f65dabc1.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg.296a36439ea4d243182b38e8ea2e10d8.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg.37e44d580fd6d0e0172dbaee255f66ca.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg.6d52dee82d42e6a18f5fcf26c8dd1ecc.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg.880cd218b60a74c3599b9f74ba7262c4.jpg

Hi Everyone,

After buying and selling 2 Ford's as a newcomer into US (1967 Galaxie 500 Convertible 390 and 1995 Bronco XLT 5.8), I just got my 3rd Ford in our 3rd year in US. It is a 1983 F350 Custom Single Cab Dually. It has 460 in it with 4 speed manual tranny. Original paint and interior, 89k miles. As Midwesterns know very well, it is nearly impossible to find rust free cars around here, so I was looking for something all over states. And found this beauty in Missoula, MT. It was never been driven in winter, undercoated from factory, 1st owner and absolutely rust free. I also fell in love with the factory writings under the hood and engine bay area. Because of pandemic and being a dually, companies tried to charge me crazy amounts for transport and I decided to drive it all the way from West Montana to Illinois))) (A Turkish courage, or stupidity. Whatever you call) I drove her for 1580 miles, spent 11 mpg but saved tons of money. (Except the need to use Advil 200 mg for the next 3 months) I did not have any issues at all. The only thing was my mistake. I used the front fuel tank all the way down and probably it sucked dirt. I have lower fuel pressure and choking only on front tank, I hope I can fix it easily with filter changes. I know that both of the electric pumps were replaced by the owner.

I am not a big fan of sucking air noise, so I may get rid of the Ford racing covers and filter and return back to original (The seller gave them) Here are the pics:

By the way,I still could not find the workshop manual for 83 F350, if anybody have a link I appreciate so much...

Welcome! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

But your post is a little unusual as people normally start their own thread/topic in the New Members Start Here folder. That's not a huge problem, but if you want to start your own thread/topic there I can move this post to it.

So, you are in Illinois. What part? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a city or a zip.

And, you are from Turkey? I've been to Istanbul and Ismir to go to Colossae. So, where are you from?

Man, that is a serious TRUCK! I really like it! It sure is clean. But on the air cleaner, you might want to find an original to replace the open element one.