Bullnose Forums

Gifted a project vehicle in OK condition by a buddy, after someone tried to STEAL her.

THANK YOU! I knew it sounded familiar, but looked right over it. :nabble_smiley_what:

The only odd part is that the chart says 83/up and the truck in question is an 81. Mistake in the documentation? Likely...lol. In any case, that 4 is a new one on me. I've seen the 2 before, but not the 4.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU! I knew it sounded familiar, but looked right over it. :nabble_smiley_what:

The only odd part is that the chart says 83/up and the truck in question is an 81. Mistake in the documentation? Likely...lol. In any case, that 4 is a new one on me. I've seen the 2 before, but not the 4.

I would agree - that's probably another mistake in the documentation. Here we have an '81 that has a "4" in that field and yet the documentation says that can't happen. Yet it did.

I would agree - that's probably another mistake in the documentation. Here we have an '81 that has a "4" in that field and yet the documentation says that can't happen. Yet it did.

she is a bare bones stripper no real options. and this is interesting guys. cool little bits of history to know for sure!

My work to revive the linkage on Dad's truck is chronicled in the ZF5 Swap thread starting about with this post.

As for the map, you are now officially on it. :nabble_smiley_good:

And, on the parts, I've just realized that the web page linked to above did not have the illustration for a fixed wheel column with floor shift. It does now and I've included it below. But, that changes the numbers of the parts you are missing. So, please try again from this drawing:

(Sorry for the hijack Fred)

Wow Gary! What a trip down memory lane.

Dad's Truck thread was EPIC! (I almost want to re-read the whole thing, but I think War and Peace is shorter)

I see you (and I) still haven't changed much. LOL.

she is a bare bones stripper no real options. and this is interesting guys. cool little bits of history to know for sure!

Looking at you column pictures (sorry I hadn't looked earlier) the broken piece is where the original column shift lever mounted. Your truck was the "3 on the tree" setup. The floor shift was installed after the original column shifter either broke or got so sloppy it couldn't be driven.