Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Well, the first registration you saw from me (for 'DorsaiTest') I mistakenly did from the email account I already use for the forum, so that may not be a very good test. Still, here's what happened...

I registered for the forum from the page in Bullnose Forum/Test Forum, and got the following screen in response:

That email came in shortly, and looked like this:

Clicking that link took me here:

testforum_1.png.f4ea9016181b4a7bd656f5e93bf276fd.png

And clicking on the 'New Members Start Here' link took me here, as one would expect:

A couple of observations:

There was no mention of being promoted to 'member'...I don't know if that needs to be in there, or if that was a background action you took that generated the email message I shared above.

When I clicked on the link to take me to the New Members forum, you can see that my login switched to my regular account here - that's when I realized I screwed up and shouldn't have used my regular email to test with.

On the whole it looks pretty good!

Well, I think it looks good. :nabble_smiley_beam:

To your questions, approving the request is done in the background by the admins. We get an email that says someone has requested that they be allowed to join, like I did when you asked to join the Test forum. Not sure that needs to be explained, but we might be able to do so by editing another macro.

As for the email address, I use the same one on both the Test and Bullnose forums. No problemo.

So, what do y'all think about the message that a new member to the Bullnose forum will get, as below?

One thing I want to do is to make it read "then start a new thread/topic in that folder...." so the user knows that is where they are to post first.

But I don't want to change anything for the moment until we get agreement as Matthew has that one more request to join sitting out there and I want to make all the changes and then approve his request and see that I got the changes right.

So, please let me know what you think?

testforum_1.png.f4ea9016181b4a7bd656f5e93bf276fd.png

To your questions, approving the request is done in the background by the admins. We get an email that says someone has requested that they be allowed to join, like I did when you asked to join the Test forum. Not sure that needs to be explained, but we might be able to do so by editing another macro.

As for the email address, I use the same one on both the Test and Bullnose forums. No problemo.

So, what do y'all think about the message that a new member to the Bullnose forum will get, as below?

One thing I want to do is to make it read "then start a new thread/topic in that folder...." so the user knows that is where they are to post first.

But I don't want to change anything for the moment until we get agreement as Matthew has that one more request to join sitting out there and I want to make all the changes and then approve his request and see that I got the changes right.

Anybody see where Hafthor Bjornsson (The Mountain on Game of Thrones), set a record dead lifting 501 kilograms, 1104 pounds?

My son is into power lifting and came over and we watched it. Amazing! He’s won quite a few strongman competitions.

:nabble_smiley_good: Looks like it should solve the problem of any possible confusion, but won't necessarily solve the problem of someone willfully ignoring instructions/guidelines...

Anybody see where Hafthor Bjornsson (The Mountain on Game of Thrones), set a record dead lifting 501 kilograms, 1104 pounds?

My son is into power lifting and came over and we watched it. Amazing! He’s won quite a few strongman competitions.

Very impressive, I believe he's mentioned going for 530 and judging by how easy he made 501 look, he'll probably pull it too.

I think it looks good as well. Your proposed change to specify starting a thread 'in that folder' just makes it that much harder to misunderstand.

And there's no need to mention what's happening in the background, if that has no immediate impact on what the new user is doing. I just wasn't 100% clear on whether the new user needed to wait for that approval to happen before continuing the registration process.

I think it looks good as well. Your proposed change to specify starting a thread 'in that folder' just makes it that much harder to misunderstand.

And there's no need to mention what's happening in the background, if that has no immediate impact on what the new user is doing. I just wasn't 100% clear on whether the new user needed to wait for that approval to happen before continuing the registration process.

Thanks, Rob & Matthew. We may be "there" for the moment.

Rob - If they willfully disregard the guidelines they'll get a note from me in the background asking that they change their ways and their posts. If they won't do that then we'll kiss them goodbye.

Matthew - Maybe I should sign up for the Bullnose forum using my new email address and document exactly what the process is and what the new user sees. I'll publish that in a new thread or maybe on a page. And we can all see if it needs to be tweaked a bit more.

Hmmmm...he must work out. Lol

How's has everyone been doing during this crazy time?

During my furlough we dropped the truck off the dolly's to get it out of the garage so we could put the bench back in just to find out it would not budge without lots of effort. A little nudge from my e-150 got it back inside leaving a nice skid mark behind the driver rear tire only. So I guess I will be pulling that tire off and knocking loose the brake.

We've decided not to fix the van/use its engine. Will be dropping the transmission in the coming weeks and stripping any parts off that EFI 300 that could be useful and taking whats left to the scrap yard. I think it will be less stressful to get a transmission controller than adapt everything over, especially with such a high mileage engine that has several issues already.

'Do you even lift, Bro?'

How's has everyone been doing during this crazy time?

During my furlough we dropped the truck off the dolly's to get it out of the garage so we could put the bench back in just to find out it would not budge without lots of effort. A little nudge from my e-150 got it back inside leaving a nice skid mark behind the driver rear tire only. So I guess I will be pulling that tire off and knocking loose the brake.

We've decided not to fix the van/use its engine. Will be dropping the transmission in the coming weeks and stripping any parts off that EFI 300 that could be useful and taking whats left to the scrap yard. I think it will be less stressful to get a transmission controller than adapt everything over, especially with such a high mileage engine that has several issues already.

Good to see you! :nabble_anim_handshake: