Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Good to see that they've recovered.

What data are you looking for? Have you seen the Johns Hopkins map?

Yes I'm glad too, and I'm glad that after all the testing it appears that it ended with them. These folks are fairly close (geographically) to my parents, and they are somewhat close through friendships, so I'm glad it stopped where it did, at least for now.

I'd like to hear more details on how the virus is affecting different people, and what groups have been affected the most. Why are some people only getting minor flu symptoms, and some are dying...and some no symptoms at all? Of the people that have died, did any of them have pre-existing health issues? Or have there been cases of strong and healthy young people dying as well? The only thing the media and government are giving out up here are numbers of people testing positive for the virus, and the number of people actually in the hospital.

Are you guys getting any stats in the US other than the number of people testing positive for the virus, and the number of deaths?

Well, there are anecdotal reports, but few hard facts.

Our CDC and other first line defense have been decapitated in the past few years.

What troubles me the most are asymptomatic carriers that walk around with impunity, infecting others.

Here , even it a hard hit area, many seem awful caviler.

It's running like wildfire through senior care facilities, and that's very unfortunate.

It's running like wildfire through senior care facilities, and that's very unfortunate.

That's what is terrifying people at my hospital, since the large majority of our patients are above age 65, and there are quite a few senior care facilities (10+) in the immediate area. The possibility of a large scale spread is very real in my area, and as previously mentioned, there are plenty of elders who have a death wish and are not taking this seriously.

That's what is terrifying people at my hospital, since the large majority of our patients are above age 65, and there are quite a few senior care facilities (10+) in the immediate area. The possibility of a large scale spread is very real in my area, and as previously mentioned, there are plenty of elders who have a death wish and are not taking this seriously.

Is anyone on here subscribed to Sundance Now?

I want to watch this series called No One Saw a Thing, but it is only available on this Sundance Now. I read a book about this story years ago and found it very interesting.

https://www.sundancenow.com/series/watch/no-one-saw-a-thing/12b6da84563a7f13?season=1

I'm getting a bit tired of all these subscription based services, so I'm hesitant to even click on the free trial as they'll surely be needing credit card info.

I want to watch this series called No One Saw a Thing, but it is only available on this Sundance Now. I read a book about this story years ago and found it very interesting.

https://www.sundancenow.com/series/watch/no-one-saw-a-thing/12b6da84563a7f13?season=1

I'm getting a bit tired of all these subscription based services, so I'm hesitant to even click on the free trial as they'll surely be needing credit card info.

Subscribing is easy.

UN-subscribing is another issue entirely....

Looks interesting Cory! 👍

I've read about that before.

Heck, that's how things used to be handled in a community.

John Doe, the rapist, pedophile, whatever... just got "dissapeared"

Nobody needed to fess up.

It was a public secret.

Though one, or a few, people in town got extra portions and a lot of respect wherever they went.

5 dead in one day at a facility in East Haven (where my little brother, the police lieutenant lives)

Ridgefield had a bunch die in their senior community as well.

It's not looking good. ☹️

Sounds like an interesting series. But we've not seen it nor read the book.

Our CDC and other first line defense have been decapitated in the past few years.

The real problem with the CDC (my wife works there and I know a number of CDC scientists) is that it is full of incompetent boobs and has been for many years. The net effect of that is they may look and act as though they've been decapitated, but that's actually their normal state - you just don't notice it when there's no crisis underway.

They're smart on paper (lots of PhDs and MPHs)...but when you talk to these people you come away wondering how their shoes stay tied all day. The one thing they *are* good at is making sure they're up to date on the latest trends in identity and whatnot. We're in Year 39 of the AIDS crisis, but right now the big worry (and I am not joking here) is trying to get everyone to list their pronouns on their door nameplates.

The real problem with the CDC (my wife works there and I know a number of CDC scientists) is that it is full of incompetent boobs and has been for many years. The net effect of that is they may look and act as though they've been decapitated, but that's actually their normal state - you just don't notice it when there's no crisis underway.

They're smart on paper (lots of PhDs and MPHs)...but when you talk to these people you come away wondering how their shoes stay tied all day. The one thing they *are* good at is making sure they're up to date on the latest trends in identity and whatnot. We're in Year 39 of the AIDS crisis, but right now the big worry (and I am not joking here) is trying to get everyone to list their pronouns on their door nameplates.

So, the scientists you know are completely incompetent, and more challenged than somebody with Down's?

I'm well aware of the 'book smart, is not street smart' type.

I have to deal with them every day.

And it's incredibly frustrating.

Even when well intentioned, they should just get out of the way and let the grown ups handle things.