Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Thanks for that post Cory!

Up until yesterday here, every single case of C19 was with a person that had traveled internationally, or was a person that had come into contact with one of those travelers. Apparently the first case unrelated to travel showed up yesterday, although imho it is related...they just don't know how. The media has not really been reporting how many people were actually IN the hospital, or their ages or nationalities. I wish they would report that info, although I'm sure they are not doing it to prevent discrimination, and I get that.

The price of oil is going to be low for a good long time, that is for sure.

Ultimately, yes! All cases are related.

The problem is vectors.

Like Shaun said about whitecaps congregating for coffee or queued up for the supermarket.

Imagine: one Amazon delivery driver, or an Uber that might have been taken home from the airport after an international trip....

This is not like Ebola, with obvious hemorrhagic symptoms and an astronomical mortality rate.

This presents like a stubborn cold or the flu.

Those people continue doing what they've always done, spreading it because they've got no idea they are contagious.

This isn't going to slow down until *everybody* starts acting like they are contagious, and using best practices like self isolation and social distancing.

Ultimately, yes! All cases are related.

The problem is vectors.

Like Shaun said about whitecaps congregating for coffee or queued up for the supermarket.

Imagine: one Amazon delivery driver, or an Uber that might have been taken home from the airport after an international trip....

This is not like Ebola, with obvious hemorrhagic symptoms and an astronomical mortality rate.

This presents like a stubborn cold or the flu.

Those people continue doing what they've always done, spreading it because they've got no idea they are contagious.

This isn't going to slow down until *everybody* starts acting like they are contagious, and using best practices like self isolation and social distancing.

Ive been telling my wife for 13 years that I am most affraid of a global pandemic. This is the reason we bought 5 acres, built a barn, have extra freezers, generator, saved cash, grow food, can our own good, raise chickens and have tried to make good relationships with neighbors.

This pandemic is a mild one. Can you imagine if ebola was spreading like covid19? We'd have a total depression, and total isolation.

Ive been telling my wife for 13 years that I am most affraid of a global pandemic. This is the reason we bought 5 acres, built a barn, have extra freezers, generator, saved cash, grow food, can our own good, raise chickens and have tried to make good relationships with neighbors.

This pandemic is a mild one. Can you imagine if ebola was spreading like covid19? We'd have a total depression, and total isolation.

Right Ray

But I'm explaining why covid-19 spreads where Ebola was able to be contained.

1) Symptoms of Ebola are severe and apparent.

2) Watching someone bleed out through every pore and opening in their body as their blood cells shred is horrific.

People WILL isolate if they see that and know it will be their fate.

3) We had actual functioning government Health Agency's like the CDC and infectious disease experts at the helm. Instead of idiot talking heads that know nothing, but swear alligance to a narcissistic dictator who refuses to be briefed daily by the intelligence agencies that have the best and most current facts.

Pence can go pray with 'mother' that this kills all the brown people, because he sure as hell doesn't know how to confront a health crisis.

His record in Indiana speaks for itself.

Right Ray

But I'm explaining why covid-19 spreads where Ebola was able to be contained.

1) Symptoms of Ebola are severe and apparent.

2) Watching someone bleed out through every pore and opening in their body as their blood cells shred is horrific.

People WILL isolate if they see that and know it will be their fate.

3) We had actual functioning government Health Agency's like the CDC and infectious disease experts at the helm. Instead of idiot talking heads that know nothing, but swear alligance to a narcissistic dictator who refuses to be briefed daily by the intelligence agencies that have the best and most current facts.

Pence can go pray with 'mother' that this kills all the brown people, because he sure as hell doesn't know how to confront a health crisis.

His record in Indiana speaks for itself.

Aaàand, I've slipped into the inevitable political morass.

My apologies to every one. :nabble_smiley_blush:

It aight, I think we are all grown ups here....

We all have varying religious or political opinions, and things could get ugly quick. So, that is why Gary has asked us all to keep these opinions off the table.

Personally, I love hanging out here despite the differences in opinions. And I am thouroughly entertained by Jim's blunt remarks. I think we need more people in the world like Jim who have some backbone to stand up for what they think/believe.

It aight, I think we are all grown ups here....

We all have varying religious or political opinions, and things could get ugly quick. So, that is why Gary has asked us all to keep these opinions off the table.

Personally, I love hanging out here despite the differences in opinions. And I am thouroughly entertained by Jim's blunt remarks. I think we need more people in the world like Jim who have some backbone to stand up for what they think/believe.

My frustration boils over sometimes. :nabble_smiley_uh:

I haven't seen the skies so empty since 9/11.

Lack of fighter jets is a bit disappointing... :nabble_smiley_super:

I too have 5 acres and 2 full freezers. In the same vein I also have a 25ft Airstream with 400W solar, 200AH Lion batters, 3kW genset and ~40 gallon water tank and 2 30lb tanks of propane...

I was very happy this year when my wife wanted a veggie garden, so I have gone full bore on a small 10x16 veggie garden, soil heaters, cold frames... the seeds have germinated in the propagator and are ready for potting. due to the late hard frosts we get here I am waiting till the last moment to plant them outside!

Finally, my wife is a physical therapist at the local hospital, she specializes in acute care and respiratory care...

I was very happy this year when my wife wanted a veggie garden, so I have gone full bore on a small 10x16 veggie garden, soil heaters, cold frames... the seeds have germinated in the propagator and are ready for potting. due to the late hard frosts we get here I am waiting till the last moment to plant them .......

Bro! Youre working waaay to hard on the gardening. Check out the Ruth Stout Method to gardening on youtube. Its what I do, and its so easy it makes everyone else look like a fool doing it the harder way.

My frustration boils over sometimes. :nabble_smiley_uh:

I haven't seen the skies so empty since 9/11.

Lack of fighter jets is a bit disappointing... :nabble_smiley_super:

The sad thing about C19 is that we've seen it before. This whole thing has played out just like the SARS-CoV-1 outbreak in 2002-2003. From it's beginning in bats, to the Chinese government covering it up, to the symptoms. It's all the same. The only major difference this time around is that it's a highly successful virus, and it's spreading like a wildfire due to human nature. It's obvious we learned nothing from SARS-CoV-1. And I thoroughly enjoy hearing about the vaccines they're working on for this new strain. If they were unable to come up with a vaccine for SARS-CoV-1, how can they come up with one for CoV-2?

Jim, I'm taking every possible precaution I can. My position does not put me in direct patient contact, however it does put me in the path of patient transport, and contact with those who have been in contact with CoV-19 patients. I'm making it a priority to social distance as much as I possibly can, and I refuse to touch anything with my hands unless absolutely necessary. Washing my hands every chance I get, and foaming my hands with alcohol every time I touch a necessary surface is also a major priority. But that's no different than what we are already supposed to do. They are doing their best to keep even the suspected CoV patients on isolation, and limited movement precautions.

I was very happy this year when my wife wanted a veggie garden, so I have gone full bore on a small 10x16 veggie garden, soil heaters, cold frames... the seeds have germinated in the propagator and are ready for potting. due to the late hard frosts we get here I am waiting till the last moment to plant them .......

Bro! Youre working waaay to hard on the gardening. Check out the Ruth Stout Method to gardening on youtube. Its what I do, and its so easy it makes everyone else look like a fool doing it the harder way.

I fed three of us from an 8x12 raised bed.

The house leaders were fed to under it.

I composted.

It got a tent of 6 mil plastic when it first started snowing.

I started seeds directly in the ground come March.

Had to open it up on sunny days to keep the heat and humidity down.

I didn't work at it at all.

Definitely save seeds each year from the most successful plants, and grew marigolds between rows.