Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I dont think we will reach true SHTF by the way. Thats why I am buying stocks like candy.

I'm a little late, but I work in the middle of one of the largest master-planned retirement communities in the state of Florida. While driving through the area, I continually see folks in their 70s and 80s, moving about without a single care in the world. Most restaurants and meeting places are closed, but the elders simply adapted and are now drinking their morning coffee in the parking lots of the restaurants. They're bringing their lawn chairs, arranging them in a close circle and going about their breakfast like nothing is wrong. I've seen plenty out for a round of golf, sharing golf carts and standing within two feet of each other. The other day I passed one of the area grocery stores, and they were holding the early shopping hours for seniors. It's a really great idea, except for the fact that over 100 seniors were lined up like it was black Friday, and they were all standing within a foot of each other. The local hospital in the area has already seen ten positive cases of Covid-19, with more sure to come. At least four of those turned into secondary bacterial pneumonia, which put them into the ICU. And the ICU only has 16 beds. There's close to 130,000 people living in The Villages, and they're all over the age of 55. It's only the beginning, and it's gonna get way worse before it gets better. I work in that hospital. It's already turning into hell. I can only imagine what will happen in the next few weeks.

I'm a little late, but I work in the middle of one of the largest master-planned retirement communities in the state of Florida. While driving through the area, I continually see folks in their 70s and 80s, moving about without a single care in the world. Most restaurants and meeting places are closed, but the elders simply adapted and are now drinking their morning coffee in the parking lots of the restaurants. They're bringing their lawn chairs, arranging them in a close circle and going about their breakfast like nothing is wrong. I've seen plenty out for a round of golf, sharing golf carts and standing within two feet of each other. The other day I passed one of the area grocery stores, and they were holding the early shopping hours for seniors. It's a really great idea, except for the fact that over 100 seniors were lined up like it was black Friday, and they were all standing within a foot of each other. The local hospital in the area has already seen ten positive cases of Covid-19, with more sure to come. At least four of those turned into secondary bacterial pneumonia, which put them into the ICU. And the ICU only has 16 beds. There's close to 130,000 people living in The Villages, and they're all over the age of 55. It's only the beginning, and it's gonna get way worse before it gets better. I work in that hospital. It's already turning into hell. I can only imagine what will happen in the next few weeks.

Which is the point of trying to flatten the curve!

Same number, over more time, means facilities and staff won't be SO overwhelmed.

Yet Trump wants us all in Church for Easter!

(I can't express myself on this forum! 😖

Florida's where people go to die.

Why would you expect an 85 yo to give a **** about whether they live a week, or a year?

.....Florida's where people go to die.

Why would you expect an 85 yo to give a **** about whether they live a week, or a year?

Jim...you are the main attraction and reason I keep coming back here. You remind me of the older me I haven't yet become....so much bottled up....ready to be unleashed!! The older I get, the more I understand the grumpy old man who calls it like it is.

I imagine Jim is the neighbor you hear cussing himself out in his garage at 1am!!! hahaha....love ya Jim!!

If you worked in that hospital, you would realize there's plenty of seniors who want to live past 100.

.....Florida's where people go to die.

Jim...you are the main attraction and reason I keep coming back here. You remind me of the older me I haven't yet become....so much bottled up....ready to be unleashed!! The older I get, the more I understand the grumpy old man who calls it like it is.

I imagine Jim is the neighbor you hear cussing himself out in his garage at 1am!!! hahaha....love ya Jim!!

I am that guy!

The one that will be out there in a blizzard fixing your snowblower, that you stupidly left full of ethanol and with the key and fuel on -three years ago when you last needed it- instead of being out plowing and making money to support my own family.

I'll also be the one that's found out there, hanging from a rafter when I can't change my own diaper anymore.

If you worked in that hospital, you would realize there's plenty of seniors who want to live past 100.

An incredible percentage of people are terrified of death.

I've never understood this.

We all need to accept it, because to IS coming!

Read above about selfishness and stupidity^^^^^

Die while you still have some dignity and joy in you.

That's how I want to be remembered.

If you're real scared about how it may happen, take a garbage bag and that argon tank, put on your favorite tunes and most comfortable clothes.

You'll be gone (peacefully) before the song is over.

An incredible percentage of people are terrified of death.

I've never understood this.

We all need to accept it, because to IS coming!

Read above about selfishness and stupidity^^^^^

Die while you still have some dignity and joy in you.

That's how I want to be remembered.

If you're real scared about how it may happen, take a garbage bag and that argon tank, put on your favorite tunes and most comfortable clothes.

You'll be gone (peacefully) before the song is over.

I find that the media is not accurately reporting on this virus crisis. You have to read a dozen articles and piece together all of the little bits and pieces to get the whole story. The province I live in is probably about the same size as Florida...maybe a little smaller, but we have less than 5% of the population, so we are quite spread out up here. As of yesterday, I believe we had 70 confirmed cases of C19. There are only 2 people in hospital, and the rest are at home. Apparently 2 people have fully recovered and are considered "resolved".

As I think Shaun said above, it is going to get worse before it gets better. Currently, I'm more worried about the economy than I am the virus...but ask me again in a couple weeks or a month, and I might have a different answer.

Be safe everybody.

I find that the media is not accurately reporting on this virus crisis. You have to read a dozen articles and piece together all of the little bits and pieces to get the whole story. The province I live in is probably about the same size as Florida...maybe a little smaller, but we have less than 5% of the population, so we are quite spread out up here. As of yesterday, I believe we had 70 confirmed cases of C19. There are only 2 people in hospital, and the rest are at home. Apparently 2 people have fully recovered and are considered "resolved".

As I think Shaun said above, it is going to get worse before it gets better. Currently, I'm more worried about the economy than I am the virus...but ask me again in a couple weeks or a month, and I might have a different answer.

Be safe everybody.

Thanks for that post Cory!

Full agreement!

But I'm not going to mourn the economy like I will my friends. (though we can't have funerals either, right now)

Would I look back to the economic boom post WWII, and feel sorry for its family and friends who no longer have it?

And Shaun, be careful!

A hospital is the LAST place I'd want to be.

Bad enough with MERS on every surface and in every drain.

This stuff is aerosolized, so it doesn't need a biofilm to lie in wait for you.

Staff will get worn down.

Cortisol levels will rise, and healthy immune systems will become compromised.

Full agreement!

But I'm not going to mourn the economy like I will my friends. (though we can't have funerals either, right now)

Would I look back to the economic boom post WWII, and feel sorry for its family and friends who no longer have it?

And Shaun, be careful!

A hospital is the LAST place I'd want to be.

Bad enough with MERS on every surface and in every drain.

This stuff is aerosolized, so it doesn't need a biofilm to lie in wait for you.

Staff will get worn down.

Cortisol levels will rise, and healthy immune systems will become compromised.

I don't think the media has a chance of accurately reporting this situation.

There aren't enough tests.

There is spin to under-report, and keep people from riots or suicide.

To keep people from cashing out, and further decimating the economy.

I don't know where spot gold is today, but I'm definitely going to watch.

The per-barrel price of oil is going to be down in the closet bend, and stay there for a good long time.

There's going to be a push for self sufficiency.

Solar+batteries looks like a good investment if you have no job, prospects, or a way to pay for that utility.

Up until yesterday here, every single case of C19 was with a person that had traveled internationally, or was a person that had come into contact with one of those travelers. Apparently the first case unrelated to travel showed up yesterday, although imho it is related...they just don't know how. The media has not really been reporting how many people were actually IN the hospital, or their ages or nationalities. I wish they would report that info, although I'm sure they are not doing it to prevent discrimination, and I get that.

The price of oil is going to be low for a good long time, that is for sure.