Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

None of us get out of here alive, nor with all our teeth. My dad used to say "its hell getting old"

It certainly is, and I never was very interested in participating.

I've got a mission to accomplish so I took the expedient and most cost effective route (today)

I'm going to take your advice and go get a stiff one.

Certainly can't hurt more than this new hole in my head.

I've got a mission to accomplish so I took the expedient and most cost effective route (today)

Jim,

Are Tylenol 1's (with codeine) a banned substance in CT?

Jim,

Are Tylenol 1's (with codeine) a banned substance in CT?

They're a schedule 2 drug.

(Medical use, but high chance of abuse)

You need a prescription, and present Federal ID to pick them up.

Narcotic analgesics are no problem to get on the street though.... 😂

I have an incredibly high pain threshold.

Toughing this out is a cakewalk

They're a schedule Ii drug.

I thought so. Is that a state by state thing, or nationwide?

They're available over the counter here, with some mild limitations (I think you can only buy one bottle of 100 every 8 days or something like that).

Tylenol 3's require a prescription here, and they're much harder to get now than they were a few years ago.

If you had a good doc they would let you have a prescription for emergencies. Not so these days.

They're a schedule Ii drug.

I thought so. Is that a state by state thing, or nationwide?

They're available over the counter here, with some mild limitations (I think you can only buy one bottle of 100 every 8 days or something like that).

Tylenol 3's require a prescription here, and they're much harder to get now than they were a few years ago.

If you had a good doc they would let you have a prescription for emergencies. Not so these days.

Anything with codeine is federally regulated.

But perhaps I'm wrong about Tylenol 1 being on the market.

Certainly Percocet (oxycodone 5-325) can be had on the black market.

The whole mindset around medications in this country is confusing to me.

I was told by an older friend years ago, "getting old ain't for sissies".

And, a 91 year old friend of mine has been known to say when hearing others talk of pains and such, "it'll get worse!" :nabble_anim_handshake:

My grandmother's standard phrase is "it's not for the weak." She turns 105 this year, she knows whereof she speaks. :nabble_smiley_scared:

That is the same VA facility that essentially killed my father-in-law. He was my first wife's father, a two world war Marine veteran. They were doing some surgery on his neck and saw that he had some large calcium deposits in his carotid arteries. The doctor let some of the interns examine and "feel" them. A chunk came loose and lodged in his brain causing a massive stroke. He had walked in and came out in a wheelchair. I believe he stayed there until he passed away. I never met the man as I was on the other side of the country, but did go to Arlington for his interment and later for his widow's interment with him.

At least if I do go to the VA for anything, the Hampton Virginia center is pretty good.

I've been told the Charleston VA is good to go too but I just can't bring myself to step into that place.

That is the same VA facility that essentially killed my father-in-law. He was my first wife's father, a two world war Marine veteran. They were doing some surgery on his neck and saw that he had some large calcium deposits in his carotid arteries. The doctor let some of the interns examine and "feel" them. A chunk came loose and lodged in his brain causing a massive stroke. He had walked in and came out in a wheelchair. I believe he stayed there until he passed away. I never met the man as I was on the other side of the country, but did go to Arlington for his interment and later for his widow's interment with him.

At least if I do go to the VA for anything, the Hampton Virginia center is pretty good.

I've been told the Charleston VA is good to go too but I just can't bring myself to step into that place.

Have the VA hospitals improved since 2016?