Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Never was a fan of the Tiger ADV bikes.

I had a couple Triumphs, one of which was a 2010 Tiger 1050. They had a tall and soft suspension, but in that era, they certainly were not ADV bikes...more like a street bike with a cushy suspension. I think the Tiger has since moved far more towards the ADV series hasn't it? I also had a 2010 Triumph Sprint 1050. I bought both bikes wrecked and rebuilt them. I had good fun doing so, but on the road I just could not make myself like those bikes. I tried to give them some time, but they just didn't take. I was a Kawi guy mostly, and as much as I loved the sound of the 1050 triples, they didn't sing the right song for me...lol. I later bought a Kawi Versys 1000, and I didn't like that thing either and promptly sold it after putting only a few thousand miles on it.

Never was a fan of the Tiger ADV bikes.

I had a couple Triumphs, one of which was a 2010 Tiger 1050. They had a tall and soft suspension, but in that era, they certainly were not ADV bikes...more like a street bike with a cushy suspension. I think the Tiger has since moved far more towards the ADV series hasn't it? I also had a 2010 Triumph Sprint 1050. I bought both bikes wrecked and rebuilt them. I had good fun doing so, but on the road I just could not make myself like those bikes. I tried to give them some time, but they just didn't take. I was a Kawi guy mostly, and as much as I loved the sound of the 1050 triples, they didn't sing the right song for me...lol. I later bought a Kawi Versys 1000, and I didn't like that thing either and promptly sold it after putting only a few thousand miles on it.

Cory, the tigers never did it in the looks category for me.

Ive had a kawasaki KLR and it fit my long legs perfectly. Only 35hp and 1 cylinder didnt do it for me, but it was a tough bike.

I liked the Suzuki DR slightly more. A little more hp, a little lighter, and air cooled. Also a tough bike.

Next bike will have 2 cylinders though. The Triumph Scrambler 1200 really looks great, and has the power. But the pricetag!!!