Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Electric cars = NO VROOM VROOM. I dont care how fast it is, if it doesnt make me feel like a million bucks, I dont spend money on it.

I totally understand the utility. I dont drive for utility. I drive for enjoyment. Electric jelly beans dont make sense for ME. I need toxic fumes, stinky grease, and parts to replace. Its just in my soul I guess.

I will appreciate the tech, but I dont have to pay for it.

I wish I could drive for enjoyment.

Instead I battle traffic and run all over trying to expedite and manage jobs.

It's what I have to do... and I hate it. :nabble_smiley_angry:

My days of having toys and time to drag them to tracks (and the downfall of ANY tracks near me) has left the enjoyment of four wheel drifts, banging gears at the limiter, and occasionally whoopsie! is far behind me.

ETA: of course a modern Hyundai Elantra could kick my '85 5.0 GT into the weeds, but it is a LOT more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow.

I wish I could drive for enjoyment.

Instead I battle traffic and run all over trying to expedite and manage jobs.

It's what I have to do... and I hate it. :nabble_smiley_angry:

My days of having toys and time to drag them to tracks (and the downfall of ANY tracks near me) has left the enjoyment of four wheel drifts, banging gears at the limiter, and occasionally whoopsie! is far behind me.

ETA: of course a modern Hyundai Elantra could kick my '85 5.0 GT into the weeds, but it is a LOT more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow.

The glycerol-niobium fuel cell is interesting technology.

Butanol from biodiesel waste was always a good gasoline substitute.

But now, being able to use it* to directly produce electricity could be epic.

I guess the issue would be viscosity in freezing temperatures.

*it being the glycerin that is basically a waste product from bio oil and soap production

The glycerol-niobium fuel cell is interesting technology.

Butanol from biodiesel waste was always a good gasoline substitute.

But now, being able to use it* to directly produce electricity could be epic.

I guess the issue would be viscosity in freezing temperatures.

*it being the glycerin that is basically a waste product from bio oil and soap production

If we want to get back to the cybertruck.

My opinion is anything with four doors and a four foot bed (like a Ridgeline) is a car with no trunk lid, not a truck at all.

'70's Lincoln's and Caddies fit right in here.

50x60 minimum floor space IMHO.

(So as to not alienate the Shortbed and Flareside owners)

And I'm not shilling for Tesla.

I just think they have the spotlight and are at the forefront of EV's today.

So it's easy to hold them up and say "look at this"

I don't like their attitude towards right to repair, nor their data gathering.

I do appreciate that they own "our product is not perfect" and are forthcoming with the data when one of their vehicles is involved in a publicized accident.

If we want to get back to the cybertruck.

My opinion is anything with four doors and a four foot bed (like a Ridgeline) is a car with no trunk lid, not a truck at all.

'70's Lincoln's and Caddies fit right in here.

50x60 minimum floor space IMHO.

(So as to not alienate the Shortbed and Flareside owners)

And I'm not shilling for Tesla.

I just think they have the spotlight and are at the forefront of EV's today.

So it's easy to hold them up and say "look at this"

I don't like their attitude towards right to repair, nor their data gathering.

I do appreciate that they own "our product is not perfect" and are forthcoming with the data when one of their vehicles is involved in a publicized accident.

Yes, back to the cybertruck. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Tesla_Cyber_Bus.jpg.ba440b41c899fe36451b52ef35b11fe1.jpg

You guys may have seen this before, but it popped up in my Google searches for other stuff. Kinda neat.

You realize that plant (a) opened when the Model T was in production and (b) had the best quality record of any Ford assembly plant in the US. An N in the plant code was a selling point. Unfortunately neither super cab nor crew cabs were built there. I wanted to order a 1994 F250 HD with a diesel in a super cab but could not get it built in Norfolk.

Neat! But, why explain about the new, lighter, etc trucks on the 2nd year?

If you listen to the coverage, Ford was thinking of closing Norfolk Assembly after the 1979 model year. The decision to keep it open was probably partially due to the union. After the decision was made, the plant had to be retooled for the different frame configuration, body parts etc. Remember there was a major body and frame change from 1979-1980. The 1979 frame wasn't that far removed from the 1965 Twin I-beam frame, the 1980, steering box was moved, engine moved back and down, dash was plastic instead of steel, inner fenders plastic etc.