Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I'm starting to get offended by some of the asking prices I'm seeing for Bullnoses...lol.

I know what you mean. Don't melt like a snowflake though...

Many investors see it as a wave building. Buy a bunch of good specimens for cheap now. Sell them 3x the $$ in ten years.

People are seeing "antique or classic cars" as an investment these days.

Im not against a smart money decision or someone who knows and loves a particular thing and uses their knowledge to personally benefit.

But i do get frustrated about it. Especially thinking about people who see some show on cable tv and start buying and buying.

Coming from someone who got started buying toyotas, seeing those prices go up the way they have is a sign of things to come maybe.

People are seeing "antique or classic cars" as an investment these days.

Im not against a smart money decision or someone who knows and loves a particular thing and uses their knowledge to personally benefit.

But i do get frustrated about it. Especially thinking about people who see some show on cable tv and start buying and buying.

Coming from someone who got started buying toyotas, seeing those prices go up the way they have is a sign of things to come maybe.

Im still a young fella and I used to dream that I might drive a carbeurated vehicle in my golden years but I guess I better learn what an "eco diesel" is.

Im still a young fella and I used to dream that I might drive a carbeurated vehicle in my golden years but I guess I better learn what an "eco diesel" is.

Janey and I saw Ford vs Ferrari yesterday. LOVED IT!!!! If you haven't seen it I suggest you go while it is in the theaters. The sound is awesome and I doubt you have that nice of a system at home.

Having said that, we also sat in the D-Box seats. Had never tried them before and I found them gimmicky and distracting, so I wouldn't bother with them.

Janey and I saw Ford vs Ferrari yesterday. LOVED IT!!!! If you haven't seen it I suggest you go while it is in the theaters. The sound is awesome and I doubt you have that nice of a system at home.

Having said that, we also sat in the D-Box seats. Had never tried them before and I found them gimmicky and distracting, so I wouldn't bother with them.

Gary,

The wife and I went to see it at the theatre this past Saturday night, and we too loved it! We skipped the D-Box seat option and reading your comments makes me glad we did. I agree with you...if you're a car nut, go see the film. It's good entertainment.

Gary,

The wife and I went to see it at the theatre this past Saturday night, and we too loved it! We skipped the D-Box seat option and reading your comments makes me glad we did. I agree with you...if you're a car nut, go see the film. It's good entertainment.

I had to swallow hard at the pumps yesterday...ugh.

1.37/L for diesel. That's about $5.25 per gallon (CDN dollars of course). Converted to USD, that's about $4 bucks. Thank goodness the car gets 40 mpg...but still.

IMG_9234.jpg.9a5b438d78a05a2c0505ed4f3f931d94.jpg

One of the reasons my Bullnose has a 5spd and the 3.08 gears are staying right where they are...lol.

If it gets to Virginia's appendix I will go see it.

So did everyone see the big news from Tesla? The CYBERTRK is here!

Cybertruck-website-Tesla-ATV-ramp-1.thumb.jpg.7d729d1ec0dae93220163ad9a261f2b5.jpg

Gary, you can stop wrestling with Big Blue and just grab yourself one of these for overlanding, Elon Musk has you covered. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

So did everyone see the big news from Tesla? The CYBERTRK is here!

Gary, you can stop wrestling with Big Blue and just grab yourself one of these for overlanding, Elon Musk has you covered. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

Yes, I'm sure that would be the thing to do. But, notice how it is squatting with just the ATV in the back? I think my tool box and its contents weigh more than the ATV.

On the other hand, if its windows are any indication of how well it is going to work, I think I'll pass. Here's what one report said:

The launch of Tesla's new Cybertruck hit a speedbump on Thursday when its "armor glass" windows got smashed during a demo.

CEO Elon Musk unveiled the $39,900 truck in Los Angeles and got lead designer Franz von Holzhausen to test the windows with a metal ball.

Von Holzhausen threw the ball and smashed both the front and read side windows with ease.

Tesla_Truck_Windows.thumb.jpg.3a0d77f72f1d5dae65d8c0a748d96544.jpg

Yes, I'm sure that would be the thing to do. But, notice how it is squatting with just the ATV in the back? I think my tool box and its contents weigh more than the ATV.On the other hand, if its windows are any indication of how well it is going to work, I think I'll pass.
I'm sure whatever went wrong will be fixed, but yeah, that wasn't exactly inspiring.It's actually been a non-inspiring week in general for Musk, here's Wednesday's pressure test of his Mk1 Starship:

Despite picking on him sometimes, I still think Musk is the most important person in the country today. I really, REALLY want him to succeed.

Yes, I'm sure that would be the thing to do. But, notice how it is squatting with just the ATV in the back? I think my tool box and its contents weigh more than the ATV.

On the other hand, if its windows are any indication of how well it is going to work, I think I'll pass. Here's what one report said:

The launch of Tesla's new Cybertruck hit a speedbump on Thursday when its "armor glass" windows got smashed during a demo.

CEO Elon Musk unveiled the $39,900 truck in Los Angeles and got lead designer Franz von Holzhausen to test the windows with a metal ball.

Von Holzhausen threw the ball and smashed both the front and read side windows with ease.

I should have also said that while that "truck" has good specs, I have some doubts. Here's what is said:

• 250+, 300+, and 500+ miles of range

• 3500 lbs payload

• Towing rating between 7.5k to 14k lbs

• 250 kW charging

• Off-road performance with 35 degrees approach angle, up to 16″ clearance, and 28 degrees departure angle

• 100 cubic feet of exterior storage

Since there are three versions available (single motor RWD, dual motor AWD, and tri-motor AWD) I'm going to assume that the driving range is in the inverse order. So a dual motor AWD, which is comparable to Blue, would have the 300 mile range - when not towing. But Blue has 600+ mile range when not towing.

As for towing, let's assume that increasing the gross vehicle weight decreases the range proportionally. (It is probably much worse than that since you go from 4 tires on the ground to 8 and the wind drag goes up dramatically if you have something way up in the air, like Big Blue, but this makes it easier.) So, when Blue was towing Big Blue on a car-hauler the weight was 2.5 times that of Blue. And that would make the driving range 120 miles. But the distance we towed was 1000 miles, so the Tesla would have to stop every 120 miles and wait for a re-charge? In out of the way places that probably don't have a Tesla charging station? How many days would that have taken?