Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Yup, when driving and I meet one I give them the same. But if I find one parked I slip one of my "business cards" under the wiper.

Today is my grandmother's 104th birthday. I wouldn't have even thought to mention it here, but I was updating her poster today (which we got for her 100th birthday party, hence the sticky notes) and noticed that one of the bits of birthday trivia on it is that the one millionth Ford was produced in 1915. So, there's your daily Ford trivia item. :nabble_smiley_happy:

IMG_0757.jpg.53950e54b450dcc1a03697f96d2c656c.jpg

Today is my grandmother's 104th birthday. I wouldn't have even thought to mention it here, but I was updating her poster today (which we got for her 100th birthday party, hence the sticky notes) and noticed that one of the bits of birthday trivia on it is that the one millionth Ford was produced in 1915. So, there's your daily Ford trivia item. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Happy 104th Birthday to your grandmother! :nabble_anim_jump:

Happy Birthday, Grandmother!!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

Not quite a bullnose, but close...today I noticed this beat-up Brick out behind the local dubious quick-change oil joint. VIN says it's a '90 2WD F-150 with the 300 out of Kansas City, so maybe it's a long-lost nephew of my truck.

The pine needles on the hood say it's not a daily driver, but I also haven't seen it before so maybe it's a recent acquisition...perhaps someone decided it just wasn't worth the cost of an oil change any more.

IMG_0773.jpg.e4ae7b92b65e18ba8ecfa585c23d454e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Birthday, Grandmother!!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

So, for the Movie car chase fans, it looks like one of then original Bullitt Mustangs is going to be up for auction in January 2020, do I understand this correctly? I don't know much about how MECUM works...

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-397388/1968-ford-mustang-gt-bullitt/

Anyway want to take a wild guess at what it will go for?...

So, for the Movie car chase fans, it looks like one of then original Bullitt Mustangs is going to be up for auction in January 2020, do I understand this correctly? I don't know much about how MECUM works...

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-397388/1968-ford-mustang-gt-bullitt/

Anyway want to take a wild guess at what it will go for?...

That's cool! And he was the king of cool, as the write up says.

We watched the movie again about a month ago. The chase scene is marvelous. I'd not realized that McQueen double-clutched his shifts at high speed, which created a sweet sound from that 390.

That's cool! And he was the king of cool, as the write up says.

We watched the movie again about a month ago. The chase scene is marvelous. I'd not realized that McQueen double-clutched his shifts at high speed, which created a sweet sound from that 390.

That thing is gonna pull in some serious attention. Wow.