Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I'd think it would tend to push with that big engine up there, but I don't know how it effects weight distribution.

That and the warranty issue were why I liked the BBR approach to Miatas. Granted, that was a single turbo with minimal boost, but it allowed the stock tranny and diff to live. To go with a V8 they obviously had to change out the tranny and usually the rear axle.

But the 3.5L Ecoboost has proven to me that twin turbos can spool quickly and provide serious power w/o the weight of a V8. So that approach might also allow the stock tranny and diff to live. And, it would maintain the balance that the creators worked hard to achieve.

EDIT: I used to stuff my Miata into corner and experience a true 4-wheel drift. It was FUN. And I could follow M3's and motorcycles quite well, although both left me on the straights. I loved the balance.

If I remember correctly, a Ford 5.0 swap with aluminum heads into a miata had nearly the exact same weight distribution.

If you had an all aluminum LS, I think it was lighter than the 5.0.

If I remember correctly, a Ford 5.0 swap with aluminum heads into a miata had nearly the exact same weight distribution.

If you had an all aluminum LS, I think it was lighter than the 5.0.

Hard to believe that little 4banger is as heavy as an aluminum headed 5.0.

*mind blown

*mind blown

I didnt say they weighed the same. I said the weight distribution was nearly the same. Their site states 250lbs heavier with the 5.0. And nearly 53/47 weight distribution. Which I believe factory was 50/50????

Screenshot_20190705-144015_Chrome.thumb.jpg.61b8e41113c359db398ccca119e66adf.jpg

In the UK you could buy a Brodie Brittain Racing turbo'd MX5 from the dealer, replete with warranty.

Since I know it's a popular pastime to try to spot Bullnoses in the media, see if you can spot the white bullnose in this excellent documentary on Florida Man.

*mind blown

I didnt say they weighed the same. I said the weight distribution was nearly the same. Their site states 250lbs heavier with the 5.0. And nearly 53/47 weight distribution. Which I believe factory was 50/50????

I wasn't doubting, Ray. I was surprised!

Hence *mind blown

Do they put some of the 5.0 in the trunk????

***But I can see the BP4W weighing #285, and the 5.0 with aluminum heads 250 lbs. more than that at #535.

Nearly double the weight for twice the cylinders and displacement...***

Since I know it's a popular pastime to try to spot Bullnoses in the media, see if you can spot the white bullnose in this excellent documentary on Florida Man.

Well, now that we've met Vernons mechanics that previously worked on Big Blue....

I am sure that the truck is so grateful to be out of that state and into Gary's caring hands.

Well, now that we've met Vernons mechanics that previously worked on Big Blue....

I am sure that the truck is so grateful to be out of that state and into Gary's caring hands.

That's the truth...that truck has Florida Man written all over it.

I'm just glad my parents got me out of there when they did - there's no telling what could have happened!