Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

This old Pinto is a....I dunno what to say...lol. It has a 302 with a tunnel ram and two 4 barrels.

And this thing...I don't even know what it is...an "LX" something?...

351 Torino...there were actually two 351 Torinos there...almost the same, but one was a hardtop and the other a rag top.

IMG_8373.jpg.75211217d1aa3f2f553beb9c862cc8fa.jpg

Second gen Lightning. These trucks are growing on me...I'd like to build a clone some day.

IMG_8379.jpg.32fa4141ed760277b12bf9dcc60d4f55.jpg

And then this barge...I'd love to run it across a scale...

IMG_8382.jpg.7aee3c73f4f0573d72713d01dac4b07b.jpg

351 Torino...there were actually two 351 Torinos there...almost the same, but one was a hardtop and the other a rag top.

Second gen Lightning. These trucks are growing on me...I'd like to build a clone some day.

Nice old Mustang...

IMG_8356.jpg.3cead459da4e282ff8155f4a5001c890.jpg

And the last one, not a Ford at all, but an AMC for Dave (I think he's into those?). I am oddly attracted to these old Javelins...

IMG_8359.jpg.27980535baf655f06df298e33271f1aa.jpg

IMG_8361.jpg.d3f8878e52b0b00b2c185e39a778706b.jpg

I'd love to have a party in the trunk!

Not big on the rims, or the 35 profile tires, but damn, that is one big barge!

I'd love to have a party in the trunk!

Not big on the rims, or the 35 profile tires, but damn, that is one big barge!

That's a neat show, Cory! I love car/truck shows. In fact, I heard a rumor that there will also be a car show here the same day as our truck show.

Went out for car show night to walk around with a friend of mine, and it was quite busy. There were a few old Fords kickin' around;).

Old step...er...I mean Flareside, 1979 I think, but with a Bullnose bed on it.

Nice old Ford coupe...I dunno, 1930? With of course a SBC in it...lol. It had air conditioning though, so I'm jealous about that.

Nice old 390 4spd Fairlane. I know this guy (He used to work for me). He takes it to car shows, but he also drag races it, so it gets used and abused. It is a gorgeous car.

Nice pictures! The LX is a late 60s early 70s LTD, I had a 1970 with the 429 4V engine. It had belonged to my dept. manager's father. He caught me coming in one day and said "buy pop's car, please", dad was 90 and vision was questionable, early signs of Alzheimer's were showing up and he had a lead foot.

Nice pictures! The LX is a late 60s early 70s LTD, I had a 1970 with the 429 4V engine. It had belonged to my dept. manager's father. He caught me coming in one day and said "buy pop's car, please", dad was 90 and vision was questionable, early signs of Alzheimer's were showing up and he had a lead foot.

There were some nice cars there last night. It's cool that this happens every week, and it's not all that far away so it's a nice way to spend an evening, even without my truck.

There are a lot of the same cars every week, but at the same time, there is a lot of rotation too. Some guys only show up once in a while, so if you don't go all the time you might miss something interesting.

I also like that it's open to everything, so there's a wide range of cars and trucks there.

That's really neat (the Alamo connection and Wikipedia article).

Just some nifty family history, you know? I started doing the genealogy thing a few years ago when my other grandmother was turning 100 and we realized we wouldn't have her around much longer as a source of information. Between Ancestry.com and 23andMe I was able to confirm a few things (the connection to George Kimball (although there wasn't any real question there), as well as the fact that *his* grandfather died of smallpox at Valley Forge) and refute a few others - my great-grandmother wasn't a half-Indian by a mystery Cherokee (I'm whiter than Elizabeth Warren), nor are we descended from the Clark half of Lewis & Clark.

Fun stuff!

(For those of you just tuning in to our broadcast I got my truck from my grandmother, a native Oklahoman who spent her first 93 years living in NE Oklahoma. 45 of those years were spent in a house less than 15 miles from where the show will be next month. She knows the area VERY well.)

I wasn't going to say anything to my grandmother until I got back, but my mother foolishly let slip to her that I would be driving out to Oklahoma for a truck show...

"Skiatook? Why would anyone hold a truck show in SKIATOOK?"

"How big is this show? There's no place in Skiatook to hold a show."

"How does Matthew know this guy? From the INTERNET?! Do you know what kind of people are on the internet?"

"What's his name? Maybe I know him...or know OF him. Jack [my grandfather] knew everybody there."

"I don't know any Garys. That doesn't mean anything though."

"He's going to Texas too? He's not going to Mexico again, is he?" [There's a story there]

Grandmas. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

(For those of you just tuning in to our broadcast I got my truck from my grandmother, a native Oklahoman who spent her first 93 years living in NE Oklahoma. 45 of those years were spent in a house less than 15 miles from where the show will be next month. She knows the area VERY well.)

I wasn't going to say anything to my grandmother until I got back, but my mother foolishly let slip to her that I would be driving out to Oklahoma for a truck show...

"Skiatook? Why would anyone hold a truck show in SKIATOOK?"

"How big is this show? There's no place in Skiatook to hold a show."

"How does Matthew know this guy? From the INTERNET?! Do you know what kind of people are on the internet?"

"What's his name? Maybe I know him...or know OF him. Jack [my grandfather] knew everybody there."

"I don't know any Garys. That doesn't mean anything though."

"He's going to Texas too? He's not going to Mexico again, is he?" [There's a story there]

Grandmas. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

LOL!!! Yes, I can hear those questions coming out. Janey is a grandmother, and would be very apt to ask them.

As for Skiatook, tell her it is at the Church of Christ, where the youth group will be selling concessions to make money for their activities. And where Gary is one of the elders.

And Gary's only lived in Skiatook for 12 years or so, having retired here from living in Chicago, Wilmington, Delaware, Houston, London, Ponca City, and Wichita. But, he's been around NE OK for a bit as I'm a graduate of the teacher's college in Tahlequah. (Northeastern State for those that don't know.) So, not all that many know of me in town, and fewer still in Collinsville.

But I can't answer why have a truck show here. That defies logic. But, it is, has, and will happen - the Lord willing. :nabble_smiley_wink: