Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Ray and I are in the same boat.

Tractor Supply and Rural King are the only places I can find pants.

Im done with cars smaller than a 69 Impala. Im a truck guy from here on out.

Same, I also have Boot Barn but their pricing is a little higher than TS and RK.

Jim, MonsterMiata was the company that got me thinking about a miata. They started with 5.0 kits, and now offer an LS kit.

I can see the appeal for a weekend driver.

Lack of room and peril to both license and life would make it a big NOPE for an only car.

I can see the appeal for a weekend driver.

Lack of room and peril to both license and life would make it a big NOPE for an only car.

In the UK you could buy a Brodie Brittain Racing turbo'd MX5 from the dealer, replete with warranty.

There's a lot of cool cars we can't get here, thanks to the likes of Joan Claybrook. :nabble_thumbs-down-23_orig:

I'm subscribed to an LS Miata owner on YouTube and that little Miata is a completely different car compared to the 4 banger that he had before. I've also personally seen an LS Miata up close and it is a sight to behold.

I'm subscribed to an LS Miata owner on YouTube and that little Miata is a completely different car compared to the 4 banger that he had before. I've also personally seen an LS Miata up close and it is a sight to behold.

Does he autocross it?

I'd think it would tend to push with that big engine up there, but I don't know how it effects weight distribution.

I'd think it would tend to push with that big engine up there, but I don't know how it effects weight distribution.

That and the warranty issue were why I liked the BBR approach to Miatas. Granted, that was a single turbo with minimal boost, but it allowed the stock tranny and diff to live. To go with a V8 they obviously had to change out the tranny and usually the rear axle.

But the 3.5L Ecoboost has proven to me that twin turbos can spool quickly and provide serious power w/o the weight of a V8. So that approach might also allow the stock tranny and diff to live. And, it would maintain the balance that the creators worked hard to achieve.

EDIT: I used to stuff my Miata into corner and experience a true 4-wheel drift. It was FUN. And I could follow M3's and motorcycles quite well, although both left me on the straights. I loved the balance.