Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

So, my firewall was never torn, but the bracket that bolts through the tunnel does seem to do something anyway

Oh yes, I'm sure it does. I guess my train of thought is that if a truck needs a brace, might as well install the larger one if any at all. To install one before there's a problem then I'm sure the small one is just fine, but if there's a cracking/splitting issue at all, I'd go straight to the larger brace. Just my 2 cents worth;).

So, my firewall was never torn, but the bracket that bolts through the tunnel does seem to do something anyway

Oh yes, I'm sure it does. I guess my train of thought is that if a truck needs a brace, might as well install the larger one if any at all. To install one before there's a problem then I'm sure the small one is just fine, but if there's a cracking/splitting issue at all, I'd go straight to the larger brace. Just my 2 cents worth;).

I bought the Terrapin brace I have for Dad's truck, and did have to modify the firewall with a hammer to get it to fit. But, as it'll now have an E4OD I'll move the brace to Big Blue. There aren't any problems with the firewall now, but I have it so might as well.

I bought the Terrapin brace I have for Dad's truck, and did have to modify the firewall with a hammer to get it to fit.

You know who else likes to 'modify' vehicles with hammers, right?

My problem is that the Bricknose master cylinders have a different mounting pattern, so I have to use the later small bracket which seems to be unobtainable upon searching, which leaves me with the big bracket. But one of the biggest pet peeves I have about my Ranger is feeling like I'm putting too much pressure on the firewall, so the big brace may keep me from feeling that in the F350.

My problem is that the Bricknose master cylinders have a different mounting pattern, so I have to use the later small bracket which seems to be unobtainable upon searching, which leaves me with the big bracket. But one of the biggest pet peeves I have about my Ranger is feeling like I'm putting too much pressure on the firewall, so the big brace may keep me from feeling that in the F350.

Well, if you're installing a clutch master in a cab that never had one, you could always install a Bullnose master...that is if you had a small brace and wanted to utilize it. The masters are identical otherwise. The smaller brace would not be a difficult piece to make on your own, but the given the option, the larger one is definitely better.

The clutch in my truck was really stiff when I bought it, and it's a factory hydraulic clutched truck. The original trans was a 3spd. When I installed the M5OD with a new master cyl, new line, and new slave...the clutch pedal was just like butter. It has since tightened up a little bit...I assume as the dust and dirt builds up on the clutch splines, but it's still pretty easy.

Well, if you're installing a clutch master in a cab that never had one, you could always install a Bullnose master...that is if you had a small brace and wanted to utilize it. The masters are identical otherwise. The smaller brace would not be a difficult piece to make on your own, but the given the option, the larger one is definitely better.

The clutch in my truck was really stiff when I bought it, and it's a factory hydraulic clutched truck. The original trans was a 3spd. When I installed the M5OD with a new master cyl, new line, and new slave...the clutch pedal was just like butter. It has since tightened up a little bit...I assume as the dust and dirt builds up on the clutch splines, but it's still pretty easy.

My cab is already pre-cut for the master, there's a cover plate bolted on from factory. I'm just gonna run the newer style since I'm tired of making things work on this cab. lol.

So this is the later master pattern with the mounting studs offset instead of at 12 & 6:00?

Yes sir, cab is from a 1990.

Ahhh, ok, didn't know they did that. Interesting!

I was surprised to see it myself because my 1980 wasn't like that.

I was surprised to see it myself because my 1980 wasn't like that.

Well, I guess because there was no hydraulic master then anyway...but even for the mechanical clutch linkage, the hole was still there on the auto trans cabs but it was plugged or covered no?