Bullnose Forum

The FORD Lounge

52 minutes ago, ArdWrknTrk said:

turbo- usually doesn't have the bottom end torque

I can agree with that. The couple of times I overloaded the 1/2 ton I had with the 2.7L ecoboost, I had to be in towing mode to feel comfortable and also quickly realized I needed a 3/4 or 1 ton for my payload needs....

image.thumb.png.4ae6b93f24d9c72ff759f3f451399322.png

Edited by viven44

Positive displacement superchargers are a different story (and why you still see roots blowers on top fuel cars)

But turbos can make plenty of power. 👍  The qualifying for '76-'77 GP races at Watkins Glen were ear splittingly awesome!!!

Your springs seem to be handling that load just fine though your tires may not be as happy. I'm going to assume this mode holds shifts longer so when it does shift the next gear comes in higher in the rpms?

29 minutes ago, ArdWrknTrk said:

Your springs seem to be handling that load just fine though your tires may not be as happy. I'm going to assume this mode holds shifts longer so when it does shift the next gear comes in higher in the rpms?

Oh, that pic was from 2019. I am pretty sure nothing was happy on that truck while I had it. I was doing a lot of construction and hauling jobs. The time I had it I used it as a Super Duty :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Yes I think the towing mode increases the rpms.

Edited by viven44