Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Alright, bear with me for a moment... I am one of the older employees at my place of work and I bring a plate lunch most every day. It is one of 2 microwavable plates purchased almost 35 years ago. Everyday, the young bucks make fun of me as I wash the plate after eating. [by the way, these same guys spend $5-10 each day on a burger and fries or eat cinnamon rolls from the vending machine and drink a soda]. I explain that I have been cleaning the plate for ~35 years and every morning, it magically appears [filled] in the refrigerator for me to take to work. Why would I want to take a chance and see if the same cycle would happen if I left it dirty?

Hmmmm, I have ben married for 35 years. Do you think my sweet wife has something to do with this? :nabble_anim_confused:

I like this!

I've only been married for 20 years, but have a similar daily routine;). It is only my wife and I, and every night she basically prepares enough food for four so that we each have enough for our lunches the next day, and boy do I get some nice lunches! I always wash my dish out and put it neatly back in my lunch bag, and just yesterday I found the sink in our office full of dishes! Buggers.

If I ever left a dish in the sink growing up I'd get one of those finger pointing lectures asking just who in the hell I thought would clean up after me...lol. I guess it stuck. As much as they drove me crazy back then, I thank them for it today, and thank them often. I call it good parenting privilege!:nabble_smiley_wink:

I have been married for only 11 years. Mostly we love each other and get along great, but sometimes we try each other like no one else.

One of my hot buttons is being punctual.. Oh boy does my wife not get that! She is running AT LEAST 45 mins late right now..

I am certain, given the chance she would have a longer list of complaints then I do, she has a better memory!:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

One of my hot buttons is being punctual.. Oh boy does my wife not get that! She is running AT LEAST 45 mins late right now..

Haha! Ya know, Dr. Phil talked one time about people that are always late...lol. According to him, if you're a person that is always late, then you like being late. People often have an excuse for being late, but if it was unintentional, then of course every now and then person would be early, right??...lol.

I get the punctuality thing though, and my wife is exactly the same. I like being early, and she likes planning things so that she arrives exactly at the required time, or shortly afterwards...lol. We sometimes both leave work to meet at an appointment, and if its at 2:00 pm, I'll arrive at 1:40, and she'll arrive at 2:05, every single time!

Haha! Ya know, Dr. Phil talked one time about people that are always late...lol. According to him, if you're a person that is always late, then you like being late. People often have an excuse for being late, but if it was unintentional, then of course every now and then person would be early, right??...lol.

I get the punctuality thing though, and my wife is exactly the same. I like being early, and she likes planning things so that she arrives exactly at the required time, or shortly afterwards...lol. We sometimes both leave work to meet at an appointment, and if its at 2:00 pm, I'll arrive at 1:40, and she'll arrive at 2:05, every single time!

My opinion is that people who are habitually late are selfish and don't have respect for others. Just my opinion.

My opinion is that people who are habitually late are selfish and don't have respect for others. Just my opinion.

I hear the best time to bring up this view point is after repeatedly telling one's wife that they are running late :nabble_smiley_happy:

I don't know about selfish, but it IS disrespectful.

I can understand that things happen, but if it's habitual, I've got no time for that.