Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I want to boil them up right now! (haven't had a fresh peanut in decades 😋)

Near 50 years ago we had a peanut farmer in the White House.

The '76 elections were contentious, but I'm glad that a cool headed submarine commander from Plains, GA kept the cold war from becoming a hot war (where MAD was not far from reality)

I don't mean this to be a political post. So, Gary, if you think it comes close feel free to nuke it! 😉

These are an odd variety with white skins. As far as I can tell they aren't grown outside the state. Pretty good raw.

I want to boil them up right now! (haven't had a fresh peanut in decades 😋)

Near 50 years ago we had a peanut farmer in the White House.

The '76 elections were contentious, but I'm glad that a cool headed submarine commander from Plains, GA kept the cold war from becoming a hot war (where MAD was not far from reality)

I don't mean this to be a political post. So, Gary, if you think it comes close feel free to nuke it! 😉

I'm surprised that you even know what boiled peanuts are. They don't seem to be eaten anywhere but the deep south. My relatives in North Dakota think we're completely insane to even think of such a thing. (Maybe they're just jealous of our year-round growing season that allows us grow peanuts 🤔) 🥜.

I'm surprised that you even know what boiled peanuts are. They don't seem to be eaten anywhere but the deep south. My relatives in North Dakota think we're completely insane to even think of such a thing. (Maybe they're just jealous of our year-round growing season that allows us grow peanuts 🤔) 🥜.

That dry roasted thing isn't for me! :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

I guess I have an esoteric palate?

Corn crop was a total loss, but the peanuts did arright.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n160142/20240828_140849.jpg

They don't call us the goober state for nothin.

:nabble_love-23x23_orig:

Man, I LOVE peanuts!

I could survive with this only food.

With an ice cold beer, of course.

Corn crop was a total loss, but the peanuts did arright.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n160142/20240828_140849.jpg

They don't call us the goober state for nothin.

:nabble_love-23x23_orig:

Man, I LOVE peanuts!

I could survive with this only food.

With an ice cold beer, of course.

Down here we put them in coke. Figure that out...

Id imagine it has a bit to do with where Coke is headquartered.

I went and saw this truck today, to serve as a daily driver around town. Its a local strip mall dealer selling it.

https://www.facebook.com/share/fCYCA6ubXYNfuyBx/

Has pristine interiors and drivetrain with only 46k original miles, but I was shocked to see the frame rusted and almost eaten away. The dealer told me it came from IAAI salvage auction somewhere in the north east.

I told him that it wasn't safe to sell that, and it should be parted out and that if I was him I would assume it was losing money on that deal and part it out like I did my 86 F250 with frame damage.... he told me he did not like me telling him what to do and showed me the door.... he said he was going to sell it wholesale and let some other dealer with the skills to "patch" the frame sell it... :nabble_anim_rules: I probably crossed the limit with the dealer but I had to speak up.

Has pristine interiors and drivetrain with only 46k original miles, but I was shocked to see the frame rusted and almost eaten away. The dealer told me it came from IAAI salvage auction somewhere in the north east.

Man, I live in Rust Kingdom, and I'm always surprised to see "low mileage" (well, pretended so...) vehicles literally eaten by the rust.

Low mileage means "not so often on the road". And normally, people don't salt their backyard.

How to explain that paradox...

But maybe I'm paranoid and too suspicious.