Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Shaun! That's awesome but a bit heart breaking! If you can get some parts from it that would be wonderful, but to know it has been parted out has to hurt. Sorry!

Thanks Gary!

I'll be heading out there on Sunday to at least pick up the door and see what else may be there. It's been 7 years so I'm not really hopeful he'll have much of anything left, but I'm willing to buy more (not the whole truck, I just want some parts from it) if he still has them and is willing to sell. Plenty of people consider themselves lucky to find the entire vehicle, but I'll be happy with at least a door. I really don't need it or plan to use it, but it will end up hanging in my shop as a memory.

Men’s BBQ and Car show at the church

8ACB2D61-B8E8-49FE-8071-39DAED9AA879.jpeg.7254b43743f86bd68c57e59a6ad75884.jpeg

09E66E6B-EA27-438A-AA60-F5EA8308BBC9.jpeg.f38306a95dca05011a4143edcab22fd8.jpeg

Looks like fun!

Yes it was, although most were there for the BBQ... :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

not a ton outside looking at the cars as it was miserable outside

They had a professional car show judge

Judge supposedly dinged all cars/trucks that had the hood left open, not sure why :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Judge was definitely a GM guy :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Best of the show - 2017 Chevy SS

Most popular (crowd favorite) - 1962 Cadillac DeVille

Yes it was, although most were there for the BBQ... :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

not a ton outside looking at the cars as it was miserable outside

They had a professional car show judge

Judge supposedly dinged all cars/trucks that had the hood left open, not sure why :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Judge was definitely a GM guy :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Best of the show - 2017 Chevy SS

Most popular (crowd favorite) - 1962 Cadillac DeVille

The mall crawlers face-off :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

BABD22FE-6A17-47E5-860F-F315C30A67F5.jpeg.ba54c9f1d9d5a4926892afed2126abdd.jpeg

The mall crawlers face-off :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I saw a Gladiator on the other side of the highway yesterday, with ALL the gear, + underglow :nabble_anim_crazy:........ and 20" rims sticking out wide enough to be in the next lane.

Swamp tires loud enough to be a distinctly annoying cacophony at a closing speed of perhaps 120 mph.

Why, oh why would someone put up with that all day, every day if they never leave the pavement? :nabble_anim_confused:

I saw a Gladiator on the other side of the highway yesterday, with ALL the gear, + underglow :nabble_anim_crazy:........ and 20" rims sticking out wide enough to be in the next lane.

Swamp tires loud enough to be a distinctly annoying cacophony at a closing speed of perhaps 120 mph.

Why, oh why would someone put up with that all day, every day if they never leave the pavement? :nabble_anim_confused:

It is a lifestyle I guess, just like my 8mpg lifestyle :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

At the car show yesterday the guy was telling me how proud he was of upgrading from the wimpy stock tires to the big mud tires right after he got his Bronco. I didn't want to tell him that the Broncos that do come stock with the bigger tires (Sasquatch Package) also come with adjusted gearing (4.7!) to compensate for the loss in low-end torque on big tires.... but did not want to break his spirit. I doubt he is noticing much loss though as his Bronco has the 2.7L EcoBoost which has more torque than my 460 !!

It is a lifestyle I guess, just like my 8mpg lifestyle :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

At the car show yesterday the guy was telling me how proud he was of upgrading from the wimpy stock tires to the big mud tires right after he got his Bronco. I didn't want to tell him that the Broncos that do come stock with the bigger tires (Sasquatch Package) also come with adjusted gearing (4.7!) to compensate for the loss in low-end torque on big tires.... but did not want to break his spirit. I doubt he is noticing much loss though as his Bronco has the 2.7L EcoBoost which has more torque than my 460 !!

More torque maybe, but it will likely have 5% the reliability and lifespan. Little turboed motors are great.... until they're not.

The sort of person I'm want to say "Everyone's entitled to make poor choices"