Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I have never seen a spec of dirt or mud !

It is hard to imagine it being that clean and also being used overlanding or off-roading. In my experience of taking back roads and 4wd roads there are mud holes that coat the underside of the truck. Bushes and limbs that scratch the side of the truck. And overhead obstructions that would take some of those things off the top of the truck.

I think that's a mall-crawler.

Mall crawler or serious off-roader ??

I have seen this guy take the biggest parking spot for years and parking diagonally at work. He has had those gizmos on the truck pretty much the whole time.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'm surprised he doesn't have a high lift and entrenching tool bolted to the hood (so he can see them all the time :nabble_smiley_whistling:) and feel "manly"!!!

It is hard to imagine it being that clean and also being used overlanding or off-roading. In my experience of taking back roads and 4wd roads there are mud holes that coat the underside of the truck. Bushes and limbs that scratch the side of the truck. And overhead obstructions that would take some of those things off the top of the truck.

I think that's a mall-crawler.

Agreed :nabble_smiley_evil:

He has had those gizmos on the truck pretty much the whole time.

When I was kid I had a GI Joe jeep with this kind of "camping" equipment plastic moulded on the vehicle. Nice appearance but completely useless.

Yes I can’t believe he carts around all that stuff all the time :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Yes I can’t believe he carts around all that stuff all the time :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Well, Big Blue aways carries a 12,000 lb winch, dual batteries with 2000 CCA combined, on-board compressed air, onboard 3KW of 110V AC, a highlift jack, all kinds of recovery gear, lots of spare parts, and enough tools to overhaul essentially anything. But all of it save for the winch is hidden from view - both to be neat awa to keep it safe. BB is not a mall crawler.

Well, Big Blue aways carries a 12,000 lb winch, dual batteries with 2000 CCA combined, on-board compressed air, onboard 3KW of 110V AC, a highlift jack, all kinds of recovery gear, lots of spare parts, and enough tools to overhaul essentially anything. But all of it save for the winch is hidden from view - both to be neat awa to keep it safe. BB is not a mall crawler.

Yes hidden from view is great! Weight of those things isn't the issue. My thoughts are around aerodynamics, safety, theft....

I don't know who this guy is at work, I hope to see him one day. He has always parked sideways at work, takes the best spots... sometimes 2 spots worth of space. I have badly wanted to stick a smiley for years now that says "do you offroad?" but I'm generally a non-confrontational type so refrained from doing something un-cool like that :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'm surprised he doesn't have a high lift and entrenching tool bolted to the hood (so he can see them all the time :nabble_smiley_whistling:) and feel "manly"!!!

I wanted to post a pic of this guy when you were talking about the mall-crawling Jeeps the other day :nabble_smiley_evil:

I know this is late, but I'll put in my input.

These kind of people far outnumber the actual offroaders. I see Jeeps like that all day. Thousands of $ in an aftermarket bumper, Warn winch, wheels and tires, etc, etc, etc. But never, EVER, a single spec off dirt. And that winch? Yeah, it's likely never been used. And never will be. In fact, they probably don't even know how to use it.

One of the only "serious" Jeeps I've ever seen, was sporting a 460 under the hood, which was backed by an NP435. And no, it didn't look "nice".