Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

HEART ATTACK! 💔

I'am preparing to reinstall the C610 connector, and beginning to examine the various wires there...

During a second or two, my heart ceased to beat: The exhaust manifold was splitting!!!

:nabble_smiley_cry:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n158076/IMG_0797.jpeg

«Ok Jeff, don't panic, take a closer look and see what's going on. Why didn't you hear Big Bro raging as a sports car ?!?» I told to myself.

Hahahaha! I'm stupid! This is just the heatsink!

:nabble_smiley_thinking: ❤️‍🩹 :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n158076/IMG_0798.jpeg

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: Glad the manifold isn't cracked - just you. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

HEART ATTACK! 💔

I'am preparing to reinstall the C610 connector, and beginning to examine the various wires there...

During a second or two, my heart ceased to beat: The exhaust manifold was splitting!!!

:nabble_smiley_cry:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n158076/IMG_0797.jpeg

«Ok Jeff, don't panic, take a closer look and see what's going on. Why didn't you hear Big Bro raging as a sports car ?!?» I told to myself.

Hahahaha! I'm stupid! This is just the heatsink!

:nabble_smiley_thinking: ❤️‍🩹 :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n158076/IMG_0798.jpeg

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: Glad the manifold isn't cracked - just you. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Got my little rolly cart for the laser today. Getting this room squared away and my parts warehouse sorted and out so family can have a place to stay next week. I need to hook up the laptop and see if I can get a tag knocked out in a test run today.

20240728_165043.jpg.5aa8231a2edb8dd48aa017095ca107b9.jpg

Aaaahhh... thanks Gentlemen, for this educational pause. I love it, and like the feeling of being a little smarter at the end of the day.

Not to mention I'm a bit proud to have noticed that these spinning balls seemed to go up an down in the YouTube video.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Centrifugal Governor, yeah, nice engineering.

:nabble_smiley_cool:

Jeff, there was an early automatic transmission that used a variation of a flyball governor, it was a Detroit Gear unit originally developed for Studebaker. It was used by Mercedes-Benz before 1961 when they developed their own, Jaguar in the sedans and XK 140 and XK 150 models. The mechanical governor operated a shift valve mounted in the extension housing which then went down to the main valve body to actuate the valves controlling the servos and clutches.

The unit has three bands, two one way mechanical clutches, one multiple disc clutch and one converter lock up clutch. The Studebaker version started in intermediate and upshifted to direct via the converter clutch. Hudson used that transmission after the Hydramatic transmission plant fire. The Hudson versions used all 3 forward gears I don't have any real information on the Mercedes version, the Jaguar ones were similar to the Hudson versions using all three forward gears, but had an intermidiate hold solenoid to keep from shifting into direct if desired.

Jeff, there was an early automatic transmission that used a variation of a flyball governor, it was a Detroit Gear unit originally developed for Studebaker. It was used by Mercedes-Benz before 1961 when they developed their own, Jaguar in the sedans and XK 140 and XK 150 models. The mechanical governor operated a shift valve mounted in the extension housing which then went down to the main valve body to actuate the valves controlling the servos and clutches.

The unit has three bands, two one way mechanical clutches, one multiple disc clutch and one converter lock up clutch. The Studebaker version started in intermediate and upshifted to direct via the converter clutch. Hudson used that transmission after the Hydramatic transmission plant fire. The Hudson versions used all 3 forward gears I don't have any real information on the Mercedes version, the Jaguar ones were similar to the Hudson versions using all three forward gears, but had an intermidiate hold solenoid to keep from shifting into direct if desired.

I love this kind of pre-computerized engineering.

Looks to me as some beautiful artworks.

Like some old precision watchmaking, descendants of the Antikythera mechanism.

Pressure, speed, vacuum, friction, temperature, synchronization...

Mechanical engineering at its best.

Got my little rolly cart for the laser today. Getting this room squared away and my parts warehouse sorted and out so family can have a place to stay next week. I need to hook up the laptop and see if I can get a tag knocked out in a test run today.

Danny, the picture didn't load:

IMG_0823.jpeg.2567830e646adc85a3743b8e78eb6fab.jpeg