Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I have been to the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum in Strasburg and ridden the excursion train through the area. All of that is now part of Norfolk Southern's territory after the government made them take over Penn Central.

There used to be a narrow gauge train in Essex, CT at Gillette Castle that went along the river where all the bald eagles are nesting.

Belching black smoke the whole way!

This was a big thing back in the '70's because DDT had decimated raptors.

It bioaccumulates like mercury.

The little birds ate the toxic bugs, the bigger birds ate the little birds and so on..

Hawks, falcons and eagles were really on the edge as far as having a sustainable population.

Their gene pool definitely had a bottleneck.

But today this symbol of our nation is coming back strong, thanks to Nixon and the EPA! 👍

If those who have 20 minutes, interesting basics and

This channel helped me understand how a carb pulls fuel from the bowl and sends it on its way when they did the transparent carb.

If those who have 20 minutes, interesting basics and

This channel helped me understand how a carb pulls fuel from the bowl and sends it on its way when they did the transparent carb.

That is a really good video with a prototype...

I am still amazed when I find an old video like the one below that really breaks down the concepts with simple illustrations. Back in the good old days before internet or computers when there were no shortcuts in creating a good training and instructional video!!

Back in the good old days before internet or computers when there were no shortcuts in creating a good training and instructional video!!

I love it!

And guess what, I learned that early automobiles were "one wheel drive"!

:nabble_smiley_blush:

I'm wondering if this kind of movie was presented in theaters... kind of interlude or entertainment before the movie.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Back in the good old days before internet or computers when there were no shortcuts in creating a good training and instructional video!!

I love it!

I'm wondering if this kind of movie was presented in theaters... kind of interlude or entertainment before the movie.

"Early" automobiles were likely chain drive to a solid axle! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

You can catch a lot of this sort of content on the Periscope Film YT channel.

I know I've seen that one.

"Early" automobiles were likely chain drive to a solid axle! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

You can catch a lot of this sort of content on the Periscope Film YT channel.

I know I've seen that one.

Not steam, but if you're into vintage machinery and engines, and happen to be in the Litchfield hills.

https://ctvisit.com/listings/connecticut-antique-machinery-association-museum

And next door: https://ctvisit.com/listings/connecticut-antique-machinery-association-museum

I love it!

Most likely shown at an exhibition or an auto show back then, or just employee training. The production of this video was also probably handled by a movie studio, so they probably did it with their usual fanfare.... probably back when quarterly revenues, earnings per share wasn't the top priority of the big corporations... so they put in maximum effort and everything was only done well :nabble_smiley_wink:

Most likely shown at an exhibition or an auto show back then, or just employee training. The production of this video was also probably handled by a movie studio, so they probably did it with their usual fanfare.... probably back when quarterly revenues, earnings per share wasn't the top priority of the big corporations... so they put in maximum effort and everything was only done well :nabble_smiley_wink:

These sort of sponsored content fundamentals were fixtures in trade schools and shop class (remember those?!? :nabble_anim_crazy:)

Thank you Mr. Hamon, Mr Krol & Mr.Gavin! :nabble_anim_jump: :nabble_anim_handshake:

These sort of sponsored content fundamentals were fixtures in trade schools and shop class (remember those?!? :nabble_anim_crazy:)

Thank you Mr. Hamon, Mr Krol & Mr.Gavin! :nabble_anim_jump: :nabble_anim_handshake:

This is another cool one. I watched this video a while ago (and just found it again this morning, so I think it's the same one). If I recall correctly this guy made a brand new "antique" steam tractor from original blueprints. Then each year at a farm equipment show he breaks the old record (set by him the previous year) for number of rows plowed at once.

This is another cool one. I watched this video a while ago (and just found it again this morning, so I think it's the same one). If I recall correctly this guy made a brand new "antique" steam tractor from original blueprints. Then each year at a farm equipment show he breaks the old record (set by him the previous year) for number of rows plowed at once.

Really nice, love it!

Somebody knows the goal of that spinning device (shaped as a modern anemometer) just behind the chimney?

IMG_0768.jpeg.16a5e89b20a69f827c4298d04000dab6.jpeg

EDIT:

Just an idea... Is it kind of "spring loaded" and it "flattens" as the engine speed increases, kind of visual RPM?

IMG_0771.thumb.jpeg.386ae5fbd3e39c023d88bcb94a40d92b.jpeg

IMG_0772.jpeg.5e3fe12c2d5b821c103c3d5717fdba02.jpeg