Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I woke up this morning got right to it, my ADHD kicked in and didn't even think to mask up while painting.:nabble_anim_rules:

Well needless to say I blew my nose and it was red so ran upstairs and did a sinus rinse with the navage. I feel stupid now just enamel my lungs like I didn't already have issues lol.

That does sound like the impatience of ADHD. The speed at which I see you moving overall trying to get things done with wiring etc, I have been wondering… man “this guy works like me” :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

When I start a project, it becomes an obsession, a mission — as it will never get done otherwise. I struggle with “family time” during those times and in fact I got a good piece of advice from Jeff here who said “projects will wait for you”.. if only my ADHD brain will remember that just like it won’t remember to wear a mask when I need to paint because I am too focused on that painting job!!

I suppose I'm just an outlier.

The money and material things don't matter at all to me.

Sure both are nice to have in abundance, but just cause a bunch of stress & drama.

I would rather live in a cave than care what anybody does or thinks.

I don't want to be 90, any more than I wanted to be 60, or even 30.

Yet here I am, definitely not doing the things that interest me, but sometimes things I'm really good at.

I don't know that you and I are so different. I'm just saying that I'm not out to make money so I can enjoy life. I just want to be doing what I want to be doing. That takes some money so earning some money is helpful. But I think it's most important to be enjoying the entire journey, not just looking forward to retirement as a destination.

I suppose I'm just an outlier.

The money and material things don't matter at all to me.

Sure both are nice to have in abundance, but just cause a bunch of stress & drama.

I would rather live in a cave than care what anybody does or thinks.

I don't want to be 90, any more than I wanted to be 60, or even 30.

Yet here I am, definitely not doing the things that interest me, but sometimes things I'm really good at.

I don't know that you and I are so different. I'm just saying that I'm not out to make money so I can enjoy life. I just want to be doing what I want to be doing. That takes some money so earning some money is helpful. But I think it's most important to be enjoying the entire journey, not just looking forward to retirement as a destination.

Jim, that is precisely why I closed the business and retired by 50! stopped chasing a dollar for someday. I had realized that my mind was on restoration of these trucks all the time and I started doing this every day. now I do get interrupted by people places and things too. life happens. wife happens. haha.

many assume that I have all this free time since I'm "retired". not the case. I do 12-hour days as a norm. now i try to find time to go fishing instead of finding time to work on my truck.

Jim, that is precisely why I closed the business and retired by 50! stopped chasing a dollar for someday. I had realized that my mind was on restoration of these trucks all the time and I started doing this every day. now I do get interrupted by people places and things too. life happens. wife happens. haha.

many assume that I have all this free time since I'm "retired". not the case. I do 12-hour days as a norm. now i try to find time to go fishing instead of finding time to work on my truck.

Gary said that he had never been so busy before he retired! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I think this was in response to my saying that "every day is a Saturday for you!" (except Sunday, because of his Church)

Gary said that he had never been so busy before he retired! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I think this was in response to my saying that "every day is a Saturday for you!" (except Sunday, because of his Church)

I must be honest. I sleep in. then sit with my wife drinking coffee and discussing everything big and small. usually with computer on my lap like now till 9-10am. then I hit the road or garage. then I'm going until 9 usually whether mowing acres, mentoring at my nephew's shop, building engines or transmissions or whatever. sadly, the truck project has been stalled for a year now. I really need to build a space to do my body work. like I need more to do. I just don't want to sub it out. I like doing the whole thing and will as long as I can

I must be honest. I sleep in. then sit with my wife drinking coffee and discussing everything big and small. usually with computer on my lap like now till 9-10am. then I hit the road or garage. then I'm going until 9 usually whether mowing acres, mentoring at my nephew's shop, building engines or transmissions or whatever. sadly, the truck project has been stalled for a year now. I really need to build a space to do my body work. like I need more to do. I just don't want to sub it out. I like doing the whole thing and will as long as I can

I am still trying to figure out how I had time to go to work now that I have been retired for 12 1/2 years.

I am still trying to figure out how I had time to go to work now that I have been retired for 12 1/2 years.

I’m sure everyone’s heard about the software bug that’s disabled just about everything.. We are trying to catch a flight for a long awaited vacation (I’m a babysitter only as I don’t like traveling) but this damn software bug has some caused chaos. I don’t even know what kind of plane we will be on.. I’m definitely more comfortable on the road on a good running carburetor, about 14V at the battery, a spare DS-II module, a spare frame mounted fuel pump, and a small tool box :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I’m sure everyone’s heard about the software bug that’s disabled just about everything.. We are trying to catch a flight for a long awaited vacation (I’m a babysitter only as I don’t like traveling) but this damn software bug has some caused chaos. I don’t even know what kind of plane we will be on.. I’m definitely more comfortable on the road on a good running carburetor, about 14V at the battery, a spare DS-II module, a spare frame mounted fuel pump, and a small tool box :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Are you headed home with your parents?

How long has it been since you were in South Asia?

Are you headed home with your parents?

How long has it been since you were in South Asia?

No. Parents are actually holding down the fort at my house, taking care of our senior dog as well. This is for the kids. Disney.. Florida.

No. Parents are actually holding down the fort at my house, taking care of our senior dog as well. This is for the kids. Disney.. Florida.

Oh! Should be fun, for them

I hope the ticketing mayhem and scheduling nightmares resolve quickly.

When you have a system that's intentionally overbooked constantly, it's a challenge to get back to "normal"..

My brother's city 911 and all emergency services went down overnight.

Thankfully this started on the other side of the dateline and native English speakers in NZ & Aus had started to get a (literal) handle on it, as servers had to be manually rebooted.