Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

because it cool!

Back on FTE people asked why the 351 wasn't offered in the higher GVWR.

I made the comparison to plowing a field.

Where a horse can pull the plow -perhaps faster- a lumbering Ox will pull through rocks & roots all day without even thinking about it.

Not asking for that to be the plan of record in any production scenario.

We need a PAIRED comparison to make conclusions.

The only way I will be assured that the 3.5 Ecoboost can out-tow the 460 is by doing a PAIRED comparison with the same transmission. Don't even bother installing a turbo on that 460...

We had a saying at work. "In God we trust, all others must bring data" :nabble_smiley_wink:

That saying goes back to before you were born. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

That saying goes back to before you were born. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I have no doubt that was a popular saying back in the day. I recall it being used often 15 years ago.. Apparently, no one seems to know it, even at my workplace anymore.

And thanks for pointing out the fact that I am young and gullible, and have a lot more to learn .. and I accept that :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I have no doubt that was a popular saying back in the day. I recall it being used often 15 years ago.. Apparently, no one seems to know it, even at my workplace anymore.

And thanks for pointing out the fact that I am young and gullible, and have a lot more to learn .. and I accept that :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Seems the new generation has accepted "It's not a bug, it's a feature" a bit too well. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Seems the new generation has accepted "It's not a bug, it's a feature" a bit too well. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I am an outlier... Speaking of the new generation, I have never been in the rat race along with the new generation... I play by my own rules which allows me to work free and without worry of repercussions. The day my company decides I no longer can play by my own rules and must conform i.e. participate in the HR "corporate ladder" program ... I will need to find something else to do.

I am an outlier... Speaking of the new generation, I have never been in the rat race along with the new generation... I play by my own rules which allows me to work free and without worry of repercussions. The day my company decides I no longer can play by my own rules and must conform i.e. participate in the HR "corporate ladder" program ... I will need to find something else to do.

Didn’t find a Tesla so I picked the next worst thing to park next to http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/laughing-25-x-25_orig.gif

3E3FFCE7-35A6-46AD-B93C-EBAB8C783FAA.jpeg.a5b42a6db8d312fde1c9d6fb372ff8dd.jpeg

You just got through saying you sat in traffic for 40 minutes to get 6 miles (or something to that effect)

You're absolutely up to your neck in "

"

Go in at 4, get out at 1...

Your rules, right??? :nabble_smiley_thinking:

ETA: YouTube link. (yes, I'm that old!)

You just got through saying you sat in traffic for 40 minutes to get 6 miles (or something to that effect)

You're absolutely up to your neck in "

"

Go in at 4, get out at 1...

Your rules, right??? :nabble_smiley_thinking:

ETA: YouTube link. (yes, I'm that old!)

But at least I am not driving a Tesla frou frou Model 'whatever' :nabble_smiley_evil:

What I meant is just the "constant ambition and pursuit of growth and job titles.. and stepping on toes and claiming work done as theirs when it required help from others"... I refuse to participate in that.... when people forget how blessed they are to have a stable job already in a first world nation.

But at least I am not driving a Tesla frou frou Model 'whatever' :nabble_smiley_evil:

What I meant is just the "constant ambition and pursuit of growth and job titles.. and stepping on toes and claiming work done as theirs when it required help from others"... I refuse to participate in that.... when people forget how blessed they are to have a stable job already in a first world nation.

Seems to me that if the whole point of having a career is to get to a comfortable retirement, you would want to increase your earnings so you could sock away more over whatever time you have left???

Or use that larger salary to pay down principal on a mortgage/car loan/whatever and knock a bunch of years of debt off the back end :nabble_anim_confused:

But I'm a stupid, crippled, unemployed fool who watched all that disappear, so what do I know? :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Seems to me that if the whole point of having a career is to get to a comfortable retirement, you would want to increase your earnings so you could sock away more over whatever time you have left???

Or use that larger salary to pay down principal on a mortgage/car loan/whatever and knock a bunch of years of debt off the back end :nabble_anim_confused:

But I'm a stupid, crippled, unemployed fool who watched all that disappear, so what do I know? :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Add up total income over a 30 year career... it will get into the 7 figures for most 9-5 jobs.... Maybe I'm too 3rd world, but that is a LOT of money. If you put up a fight.. sure. You can go from a low 7 figure to a high 7 figure gross income. I just don't think it is worth the stress or bypassing certain personal values, if needs can be kept reasonable....