Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I'm waiting for the 7th gen Bronco. The 6th gen is mimicking the 1st gen which was more or less like a Jeep. 7th gen will be similar to the one I have 78-79 which will be based on the F-series platform, if history repeats itself.

Maybe ‘cause of my soft-heart and nostalgic side, but I really like (to not say love) this 6th gen “mimic” look.

Matter of taste…

I'm waiting for the 7th gen Bronco. The 6th gen is mimicking the 1st gen which was more or less like a Jeep. 7th gen will be similar to the one I have 78-79 which will be based on the F-series platform, if history repeats itself.

Maybe ‘cause of my soft-heart and nostalgic side, but I really like (to not say love) this 6th gen “mimic” look.

Matter of taste…

It is beautiful vehicle. No doubt. Instant classic. I just can't fit 3 kids in the back row in a 6th gen.. heck my 78 and the bullnose ones can comfortable fit 3 kids the back in car seats!! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

The 2.7L is a gap filler between the Inline 4 and the 3.5L ecoboost. I see the 2.7L as a niche engine. With similar economy to the 3.5L and 4100lbs less towing capability.

Economy to power wise the 3.5L Ecoboost Hybrid is the best in the ballpark with 27mpg highway and 14,000lb tow capacity cranking out 570ftlbs of torque.

All V6 engines. The Inline engines are my favorite. That 2.3L sounds like a mild diesel lol. It's loud.

Speaking of that Ford screwed the US when it didn't bring the Ecoblue engine over. 2.0L I4 diesel cranking like 370ftlbs and like 40mpg lol.

Make it a twin turbo inline 6 with perfect primary balance and let it spin to the moon.

With VVT you could build boost early, minimizing lag.

It is beautiful vehicle. No doubt. Instant classic. I just can't fit 3 kids in the back row in a 6th gen.. heck my 78 and the bullnose ones can comfortable fit 3 kids the back in car seats!! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Lol!

When my 3 were kids, I was driving a “super viril” Montana 7 places.

I admit that the gang (plus the dog) would have feel a “little cramped” in a 6th gen Bronco.

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

We have the same complaint about everything we have looked at. I grew up in an 86 Eddie Bauer edition bronco. Plenty of room everything now is so cramped. You can't get three car seats in there let alone 3 adults.

Lol!

When my 3 were kids, I was driving a “super viril” Montana 7 places.

I admit that the gang (plus the dog) would have feel a “little cramped” in a 6th gen Bronco.

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Bring back wagons and jump seats lol

I'm not sure where this conversation is going, but I have a 2015 Screw with the 3.5L EB and max tow, and an 85 F250 RCLB with a 460 - EFI'd 460 in fact. Both are rated to tow almost exactly the same and the 3.5L will out tow the 7.5L any day of the week, and do it in luxury.

I was wondering this morning why and have some thoughts...

The T19 was rated for less tow capacity than the C6 even back then with the 3.08 and 3.55 rear ends, they were matched with the 4.10.

You have a ZF5 which is better than the T19 by a generation and the 6R80 which is definitely better than the C6.

I can't help but wonder how the 460 would do with a modern transmission. The torque curve is definitely on the lower rpm side vs the 3.5 Ecoboost.

I was wondering this morning why and have some thoughts...

The T19 was rated for less tow capacity than the C6 even back then with the 3.08 and 3.55 rear ends, they were matched with the 4.10.

You have a ZF5 which is better than the T19 by a generation and the 6R80 which is definitely better than the C6.

I can't help but wonder how the 460 would do with a modern transmission. The torque curve is definitely on the lower rpm side vs the 3.5 Ecoboost.

With a fluid coupling there are far less shock loads on the drive line, and slip doesn't burn up the clutch & pressure plate.

The 460 came out in '68 to replace the MEL.

It's a cast iron pushrod V-8 with long throws and inefficient chambers.

If you were going to use a modern transmission, why on earth would you put it behind a 56 year old engine?

With a fluid coupling there are far less shock loads on the drive line, and slip doesn't burn up the clutch & pressure plate.

If you were going to use a modern transmission, why on earth would you put it behind a 56 year old engine?

because it cool!

Not asking for that to be the plan of record in any production scenario.

We need a PAIRED comparison to make conclusions.

The only way I will be assured that the 3.5 Ecoboost can out-tow the 460 is by doing a PAIRED comparison with the same transmission. Don't even bother installing a turbo on that 460...

We had a saying at work. "In God we trust, all others must bring data" :nabble_smiley_wink: