Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

In the Ranger I have a 12v stand alone in a case behind the bench it does a great job TBH for airing up tires.

It takes a tire from 0 to 35 pretty quick flows 2.5cfm and rates to 150psi. Dual pump draws 25amps Duty cycle is only 33%.

I have it paired with a 4 way chuck... This is the greatest tire inflation purchase I have ever made. You just hook up all 4 tires and let the pump go. You get equal pressure to all tires and don't have to run around. To each tire.

Back when vehicles had full size spares, not runflats and TPMS, Porsche & Audi's had a pretty nice 12V pump

Nice enough that I would grab them if taking one of those to the shredder

Back when vehicles had full size spares, not runflats and TPMS, Porsche & Audi's had a pretty nice 12V pump

Nice enough that I would grab them if taking one of those to the shredder

I was watching this video on Tourists wanting to experience the extreme heat

That is the ultimate torture test for just about any vehicle. 130F ambient doesn't leave much room to dissipate heat... My wife and I drove through death valley in 2011 in a rental Nissan.. I don't believe I would risk that again :nabble_smiley_thinking:

That is the ultimate torture test for just about any vehicle. 130F ambient doesn't leave much room to dissipate heat... My wife and I drove through death valley in 2011 in a rental Nissan.. I don't believe I would risk that again :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I was reading last week that over 1,300 people died -this year alone - making the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca... :nabble_anim_crazy:

Death Valley is 800' below sea level.

The name is appropriate.

Power inverters are internally fused. A 2000watt continuous like Harbor freight sells has 8 x 30 amp fuses and connects to your battery with an 8Gauge cable under 6ft.

I installed my 'spare' 2,000W Jupiter in my friend Dawn's ice cream truck a couple of months back.

'0'Ga. Cable an HMEG and a race car battery disconnect under the hood

I mounted it to the side of the cabin heater box in the P30, just in front of the passenger jump seat to keep the cable lengths short.

She reports that it's really nice to have USB to charge her phone, because it's used to stream music and as a hotspot for Square transactions.

Photos in the WHYDTYTT....

Power inverters are internally fused. A 2000watt continuous like Harbor freight sells has 8 x 30 amp fuses and connects to your battery with an 8Gauge cable under 6ft.

I installed my 'spare' 2,000W Jupiter in my friend Dawn's ice cream truck a couple of months back.

'0'Ga. Cable an HMEG and a race car battery disconnect under the hood

I mounted it to the side of the cabin heater box in the P30, just in front of the passenger jump seat to keep the cable lengths short.

She reports that it's really nice to have USB to charge her phone, because it's used to stream music and as a hotspot for Square transactions.

Photos in the WHYDTYTT....

Can't ever go wrong with larger gauge wire sonlong as you can handle the weight. I'm a fan of "fireproofing" the system lol.

I used to tell people hot is hot when they would say... Well this place "it's the humidity" when for some reason trying to prove their place was hotter.

I would be like look... Heat a frying pan to 200 degrees and touch it. Then do it in a sauna and tell me there is any difference.

I was stationed in deserts or at sea for years. Humidity sucks don't get me wrong, but as long as you have a breeze you can deal with humidity. It sucks because sweat doesn't evaporate.

But 115 degrees after the sun is down and 17% humidity will take your breath away.

It's 117 in Yuma AZ right now... That's hot I'd rather have SC at 90 and 65% humidity.

Can't ever go wrong with larger gauge wire sonlong as you can handle the weight. I'm a fan of "fireproofing" the system lol.

I had it left over from another 3G install I did.

Soldered copper lugs and a 150A fuse.

At least I KNOW the inverter isn't struggling because of anything I did..... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I used to tell people hot is hot when they would say... Well this place "it's the humidity" when for some reason trying to prove their place was hotter....

It's 117 in Yuma AZ right now... That's hot I'd rather have SC at 90 and 65% humidity.

Yes and no. In Minnesota 90° / 65% isn't that uncommon (we're supposed to get that this weekend). Using a heat index calculator I found 90° /65% is a heat index of 102.7°. I was in Moab a month ago and it was 103° and low humidity. As long as I have enough to drink so I don't dehydrate I'll take the dry heat any time!

So how high would a dry heat have to be to be worse (to me) than 90° / 65%? I don't know, I haven't experienced a dry heat worse than that yet (of course, I haven't experienced a lot of dry heat, so I'm saying that to show my limited experience, NOT to say that dry heat can't be worse).

I used to tell people hot is hot when they would say... Well this place "it's the humidity" when for some reason trying to prove their place was hotter....

Yes and no. In Minnesota 90° / 65% isn't that uncommon (we're supposed to get that this weekend). Using a heat index calculator I found 90° /65% is a heat index of 102.7°. I was in Moab a month ago and it was 103° and low humidity. As long as I have enough to drink so I don't dehydrate I'll take the dry heat any time!

So how high would a dry heat have to be to be worse (to me) than 90° / 65%? I don't know, I haven't experienced a dry heat worse than that yet (of course, I haven't experienced a lot of dry heat, so I'm saying that to show my limited experience, NOT to say that dry heat can't be worse).

I have to agree with Bob.

I have a long time friend who lives in Tempe.

It can get hot enough to fry an egg, and you get scorched through the soles of your shoes, but as Cory would say "Air you wear" is definitely worse for me.

It's been super muggy ("real feel" whatever their stupidity is) was 108° last week.

My feet were so wet they wrinkled, but the sweat had nowhere to evaporate to.

This goes back to the vapor lock and refrigeration discussion.

Phase change takes a LOT of calories.

When your sweat evaporates it carries away many times the heat it would regularly take to raise water temperature.

(very convenient math in metric/Celsius)

One calorie raises the temperature of one cc of pure water one degree Celsius but the latent heat of vaporization is 540 calories

Yeah, I'll take the dry heat...

I have to agree with Bob.

I have a long time friend who lives in Tempe.

It can get hot enough to fry an egg, and you get scorched through the soles of your shoes, but as Cory would say "Air you wear" is definitely worse for me.

It's been super muggy ("real feel" whatever their stupidity is) was 108° last week.

My feet were so wet they wrinkled, but the sweat had nowhere to evaporate to.

This goes back to the vapor lock and refrigeration discussion.

Phase change takes a LOT of calories.

When your sweat evaporates it carries away many times the heat it would regularly take to raise water temperature.

(very convenient math in metric/Celsius)

One calorie raises the temperature of one cc of pure water one degree Celsius but the latent heat of vaporization is 540 calories

Yeah, I'll take the dry heat...

How about growing up at a place where the dew point is >75F most of the year where even exterior paints don't stand a chance :nabble_smiley_happy:

I asked my co-worker from China about current weather condition... She said not too bad at the moment but told me that during the early summer the walls would always be wet. I didn't believe that.... until I saw this

dewpoint.png.a85ef0fa56e4de8c689b2a80e543aef7.png