Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I never meant to suggest Kirby was being "replaced"

When I had to put my dog down -8-9 years ago- it was the most challenging day of my adult life.

(It was the tail of a long series of tragedies)

I tried to make sure she had the very best day when it came.

I know that I hadn't cried since I was 5 or so, but I wept as I lowered her into the hole and saw her for the last time.

I wasn't taking it that you did. That came more from Lesley's trying to reconcile the grief/joy juxtaposition.

Sometimes I think we grieve more openly for dogs than we do people. Not that they meant more to us, but maybe we didn't expect the grief to hit as hard and we're less guarded?

Kirby is the 4th dog we've lost since being married (being married for 34 years and usually having 2 dogs will do that...). So it's something I've thought about a few times.

I wasn't taking it that you did. That came more from Lesley's trying to reconcile the grief/joy juxtaposition.

Sometimes I think we grieve more openly for dogs than we do people. Not that they meant more to us, but maybe we didn't expect the grief to hit as hard and we're less guarded?

Kirby is the 4th dog we've lost since being married (being married for 34 years and usually having 2 dogs will do that...). So it's something I've thought about a few times.

Went down a rabbit hole with York compressors after getting the major parts I needed on order for AC rework. That rabbit hole being mounting a York on the smog pump bracket to act as an aircomprrssor.

Went down a rabbit hole with York compressors after getting the major parts I needed on order for AC rework. That rabbit hole being mounting a York on the smog pump bracket to act as an aircomprrssor.

Did you get it mounted? Does it work? I almost did that with Big Blue but then Jim offered me a 3KW inverter and I bought a 110V compressor instead.

Did you get it mounted? Does it work? I almost did that with Big Blue but then Jim offered me a 3KW inverter and I bought a 110V compressor instead.

Really?

I think it was the advantages of having a holding tank that fits in the bedside and regulators that actually control the compressor running that sold you?!? 🤷‍♂️

Really?

I think it was the advantages of having a holding tank that fits in the bedside and regulators that actually control the compressor running that sold you?!? 🤷‍♂️

There was that as well. But I'd also read what needs to be done to the York to keep oil out of the air system and that concerned me.

I could still have put a tank under the bedside, but then would have had plumbing running from the front of the engine all the way back. And I could have put pressure limit switches on to control the compressor, but I'd have had to buy them - and the tank.

So buying the HF system and taking it apart gave me all the parts with less hassle. And it gave me the upside of having 110V anywhere I go, which let me brew coffee in a Keurig at 14,000' on a pass in Colorado.

There was that as well. But I'd also read what needs to be done to the York to keep oil out of the air system and that concerned me.

I could still have put a tank under the bedside, but then would have had plumbing running from the front of the engine all the way back. And I could have put pressure limit switches on to control the compressor, but I'd have had to buy them - and the tank.

So buying the HF system and taking it apart gave me all the parts with less hassle. And it gave me the upside of having 110V anywhere I go, which let me brew coffee in a Keurig at 14,000' on a pass in Colorado.

I have been rewatching some Breaking Bad after many years and guess what I noticed this time!

BB.png.d4e22dfaa9e8fb5f8b826e4659b52654.png

A pizza on the roof "would have been far too humane!" :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I don't know where to put this, but I think y'all ought to have a good laugh at my expense. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I can say with authority that you haven't known disaster until you go to move your toolbox down a goat path and drive it to the next county not realizing where that can of high tack (that you left the lid loose, because you would never get it back off) happened to be hiding!!! :nabble_smiley_hurt: :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

No I hadn't done it... Yet. I know jeep guys do it all the time as you basically get a constant duty cycle pump.

If I did it I would rig a pressure switch and override switch and have a 2-3 gallon tank mounted to the frame under the truck. That way when it was "On" and the tank press was say below 120psi it would engage the clutch and charge the system.

If I go electric then I'll add an ARB unit to the truck.