Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

the ones that I think are funny are those who assume that my old truck is all that I can afford. I just like what I like. and these happen to be what I like. not a desperate seller by any means.

by the way pal. you did NOT see a for sale sign, did you?:nabble_anim_blbl:

His parents have told him for almost 5 years they want it gone.

He's now married, with a kid and lives hours away.

His mother is invalid and has to park in the street.

You tell me..

His parents have told him for almost 5 years they want it gone.

He's now married, with a kid and lives hours away.

His mother is invalid and has to park in the street.

You tell me..

it amazes me as to how many people do not respect their parents' wishes these days. of course, I am only reading one side of this story and it is referred as you were told. being that as it is. it sounds so familiar. I have my oldest friend who complains about this sort of thing a lot. I am known for being a bit of a hard ass when it comes to this stuff. and not all of my children respect it. but most do. the youngest has a bit of storage still with me, I moved it when I moved, and he has an engine build going for his foxbody here. he is about done with his term as a marine and entering the civilian world in a couple months when he is expected to collect for his new move.

now I can store a few bits of furniture for a young man serving our country even if they didn't send him to the sandbox!

it amazes me as to how many people do not respect their parents' wishes these days. of course, I am only reading one side of this story and it is referred as you were told. being that as it is. it sounds so familiar. I have my oldest friend who complains about this sort of thing a lot. I am known for being a bit of a hard ass when it comes to this stuff. and not all of my children respect it. but most do. the youngest has a bit of storage still with me, I moved it when I moved, and he has an engine build going for his foxbody here. he is about done with his term as a marine and entering the civilian world in a couple months when he is expected to collect for his new move.

now I can store a few bits of furniture for a young man serving our country even if they didn't send him to the sandbox!

It's a bit of a different situation.

I know that he has kept it there since he bought it.

He can't park it on the street since it's not registered (and at this point would need a full safety inspection -which it won't pass... :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Evidently the "kid" would come by on occasion and drive it around the neighborhood, but it hasn't been started in over 2 years, both batteries are completely dead.

His mom needs a walker and her husband has to help her with the step and door.

The kid evidently has the wherewithal to purchase a house and afford a baby.

But can't be assed to do something with the truck he obviously doesn't care about any more than he cares about the imposition on his disabled mother.

It's a bit of a different situation.

I know that he has kept it there since he bought it.

He can't park it on the street since it's not registered (and at this point would need a full safety inspection -which it won't pass... :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Evidently the "kid" would come by on occasion and drive it around the neighborhood, but it hasn't been started in over 2 years, both batteries are completely dead.

His mom needs a walker and her husband has to help her with the step and door.

The kid evidently has the wherewithal to purchase a house and afford a baby.

But can't be assed to do something with the truck he obviously doesn't care about any more than he cares about the imposition on his disabled mother.

right. a good case of "get rid of it or take it with you".

right. a good case of "get rid of it or take it with you".

In my trip report thread on the Moab trip Lesley and I just made I talked about how my son, who was taking care of Lesley's dog, Kirby, while we were gone, had to put Kirby down. Here's Kirby right before we left on the trip.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n154846/20240530_180156.jpg

What I didn't say in that thread was that since Lesley had known for a few years that Kirby's heart was failing, she had thought about what she would do when we did lose Kirby. She would contact Kirby's breeder right away and get on a waiting list for a female tri-color Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. So that Wednesday night, after getting back to the campground from Capitol Reef, she found the breeder's web site and sent a message to get on the list.

Turns out it wasn't as long a list as we expected! Within an hour the breeder had e-mailed back and told Lesley that she had a tri-color female that was available, but was too young to go home just yet, but we could get her on June 29. Lesley went back and forth on whether that was too soon, but pretty quickly decided that she'd take it as a sign.

So today we picked up Ellie!

20240629_100537.thumb.jpg.dc6dae4d1bbd838fa8c322fe7a8241c7.jpg

In my trip report thread on the Moab trip Lesley and I just made I talked about how my son, who was taking care of Lesley's dog, Kirby, while we were gone, had to put Kirby down. Here's Kirby right before we left on the trip.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n154846/20240530_180156.jpg

What I didn't say in that thread was that since Lesley had known for a few years that Kirby's heart was failing, she had thought about what she would do when we did lose Kirby. She would contact Kirby's breeder right away and get on a waiting list for a female tri-color Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. So that Wednesday night, after getting back to the campground from Capitol Reef, she found the breeder's web site and sent a message to get on the list.

Turns out it wasn't as long a list as we expected! Within an hour the breeder had e-mailed back and told Lesley that she had a tri-color female that was available, but was too young to go home just yet, but we could get her on June 29. Lesley went back and forth on whether that was too soon, but pretty quickly decided that she'd take it as a sign.

So today we picked up Ellie!

RIP Kirby, and welcome to the family Ellie!

It's always hard to see your best friend go 🥲

Lesley looks like she's doing okay.

RIP Kirby, and welcome to the family Ellie!

It's always hard to see your best friend go 🥲

Lesley looks like she's doing okay.

It is always tough to lose a pet. But Ellie is cute and will help fill the hole that Kirby left. I hope that she just wows you both.

It is always tough to lose a pet. But Ellie is cute and will help fill the hole that Kirby left. I hope that she just wows you both.

"Replacing" Kirby so quickly was a little odd for Lesley. It sort of interfered with the grieving process as she went back and forth between missing Kirby and looking forward to Ellie. But Ellie isn't replacing Kirby. Nothing will ever take Kirby's place, but Ellie will make her own place!

And yes, Lesley is very excited about her new puppy!

"Replacing" Kirby so quickly was a little odd for Lesley. It sort of interfered with the grieving process as she went back and forth between missing Kirby and looking forward to Ellie. But Ellie isn't replacing Kirby. Nothing will ever take Kirby's place, but Ellie will make her own place!

And yes, Lesley is very excited about her new puppy!

I never meant to suggest Kirby was being "replaced"

When I had to put my dog down -8-9 years ago- it was the most challenging day of my adult life.

(It was the tail of a long series of tragedies)

I tried to make sure she had the very best day when it came.

I know that I hadn't cried since I was 5 or so, but I wept as I lowered her into the hole and saw her for the last time.