Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Usually nothing noteworthy... except more business for Bosch or Denso .. after wasting time on a chinese knockoff :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

You have enjoyed about 3-4 decades with the ArdWrknTrk and may not be too familiar with the pains and frustrations of seeing an annoying CEL... just kidding :nabble_smiley_wink:

BTW sold my 99' Honda. Kid that bought it was especially excited about no longer needing to change O2 sensors or Catalytic converters to pass emissions as it is 25 years old and no longer subject to emissions. I told him to keep an eye on Cats... that he can get away for a bit on a bat Cat, but not too long before you choke the engine.

I have the joy of RABS!

That light came on about '92, when the tone ring tossed a bunch of filings on the magnet.

I took the bulb out of the cluster! 💡

Exchange with a neighbor... one of the reasons why I daily drive a non-computerized vehicle :nabble_smiley_cool:

PS: his vehicle is probably too new for that to be happening. Just probably needed re-teaching.

Vivek, we went through this scenerio on my 2009 Flex. Bought 4 new tires, they mounted, balanced and installed them on the vehicle. TPMS light was on. The shop has a nice high tech TPMS tester, owner verified one TPMS module was a bit weak. Everytime they thought it was set, the light would come back on. He finally verified exactly which one was the culprit and installed a new one, then had to go through the entire drill again to reset the vehicle receiver/monitor. It is a good thing, as I have actually had rear tire lose enough air to set it off, but not be noticable as being physically low (Tires are 255/45R20) and being low profile and lightly loaded in the rear it wasn't obvious.

Usually nothing noteworthy... except more business for Bosch or Denso .. after wasting time on a chinese knockoff :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

You have enjoyed about 3-4 decades with the ArdWrknTrk and may not be too familiar with the pains and frustrations of seeing an annoying CEL... just kidding :nabble_smiley_wink:

BTW sold my 99' Honda. Kid that bought it was especially excited about no longer needing to change O2 sensors or Catalytic converters to pass emissions as it is 25 years old and no longer subject to emissions. I told him to keep an eye on Cats... that he can get away for a bit on a bat Cat, but not too long before you choke the engine.

Our emissons test here is look and see if the Cat is there, not even allowed to thump it to see if it's been gutted. I am almost tempted to find one that will fit my 1986 Chrysler convertible and gut it so they exhaust is nice and free flowing for the turbocharged 2.2L engine.

Vivek, we went through this scenerio on my 2009 Flex. Bought 4 new tires, they mounted, balanced and installed them on the vehicle. TPMS light was on. The shop has a nice high tech TPMS tester, owner verified one TPMS module was a bit weak. Everytime they thought it was set, the light would come back on. He finally verified exactly which one was the culprit and installed a new one, then had to go through the entire drill again to reset the vehicle receiver/monitor. It is a good thing, as I have actually had rear tire lose enough air to set it off, but not be noticable as being physically low (Tires are 255/45R20) and being low profile and lightly loaded in the rear it wasn't obvious.

I agree... they are definitely very nice to have and must have on newer vehicles... especially when there isn't a lot of rubber... on my wife's Charger, the wheels are so fragile (20") with low profile tires that the passenger front wheel cracked after hitting a pothole. Thanks to the TPMS we realized something was wrong and replaced the wheel.

I agree... they are definitely very nice to have and must have on newer vehicles... especially when there isn't a lot of rubber... on my wife's Charger, the wheels are so fragile (20") with low profile tires that the passenger front wheel cracked after hitting a pothole. Thanks to the TPMS we realized something was wrong and replaced the wheel.

I don't know if we have these guys listed anywhere but looking for wire today I came across www.wiringdepot.com. all made in the USA. The SXL 16 AWG wire runs from $0.15- $0.18 per foot. This is the good stuff vs GPT and PVC primary wire. Other brands go by TXL or GXL they all have higher temp ratings and are better with fluids and abrasions.

10 solid colors, no stripes. So if you're trying to match a solid color could be useful. 10colors 1000ft total for $149.69 is a pretty good deal in my book.

A lot of the wires on the truck from the factory seems to be in the 20-24awg range which blows my mind. I am thinking on the rewire to stick with 16awg min to make it easy and bumping up as necessary. Some of this lighting at the distance it is should be significantly heavier gauge.

Non critical 10 amp circuits 16awg is good for 20 feet with a 0-10% Drop. Anything past the cab itself or over 15amp running 12/14awg would be the ticket, but LED lighting now a days the draw is so minimal.

I don't know if we have these guys listed anywhere but looking for wire today I came across www.wiringdepot.com. all made in the USA. The SXL 16 AWG wire runs from $0.15- $0.18 per foot. This is the good stuff vs GPT and PVC primary wire. Other brands go by TXL or GXL they all have higher temp ratings and are better with fluids and abrasions.

10 solid colors, no stripes. So if you're trying to match a solid color could be useful. 10colors 1000ft total for $149.69 is a pretty good deal in my book.

A lot of the wires on the truck from the factory seems to be in the 20-24awg range which blows my mind. I am thinking on the rewire to stick with 16awg min to make it easy and bumping up as necessary. Some of this lighting at the distance it is should be significantly heavier gauge.

Non critical 10 amp circuits 16awg is good for 20 feet with a 0-10% Drop. Anything past the cab itself or over 15amp running 12/14awg would be the ticket, but LED lighting now a days the draw is so minimal.

Look In the vendor reviews for wiring suppliers.

Scott has some extensive detail about his Bullnose re-wire, along with recommendations.

Look In the vendor reviews for wiring suppliers.

Scott has some extensive detail about his Bullnose re-wire, along with recommendations.

Good thing we weren't in Moab a few weeks later than we were! Here's a video that was on Fox News today.

, driving from the Poison Spider trail head back toward Moab, only a few miles out of town.

Good thing we weren't in Moab a few weeks later than we were! Here's a video that was on Fox News today.

, driving from the Poison Spider trail head back toward Moab, only a few miles out of town.

We just saw that about 3 minutes ago! Man, that looks awful.

:nabble_smiley_scared:

I think I took this picture right at the same place:

IMG_9940-Cri.jpeg.67bfceb8e4a5b9fc90cdbc1898eda93c.jpeg

:nabble_smiley_scared:

I think I took this picture right at the same place:

Yep, that's the same place!