Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

and looks to have the later model mirrors

Exchange with a neighbor... one of the reasons why I daily drive a non-computerized vehicle :nabble_smiley_cool:

PS: his vehicle is probably too new for that to be happening. Just probably needed re-teaching.

IMG_6427.thumb.png.7898fac020d3a1fe03ddf0a26592f9f3.png

Exchange with a neighbor... one of the reasons why I daily drive a non-computerized vehicle :nabble_smiley_cool:

PS: his vehicle is probably too new for that to be happening. Just probably needed re-teaching.

at oreillys today getting coolant and the counter guy was helping a very old gentleman read his cel code. he rattled off two impressive sounding codes for evap parts and said that he had them both in stock. priced them but said he did not know what or where they were on the truck. I interjected and said the fact that he had two evap codes did not say those parts were bad but that they both were more likely reading a common cause elsewhere in the circuit. the owner said that someone said gas cap so he cleaned it with wd40 and wiped it dry so that can't be it. I asked how much a cap was. 12+ and said that I would start with the basics and start small. new cap. an evap cap is more likely to fail and given the old man's stance I'm not sure he can tighten it properly. he just wanted that light to go off!

at oreillys today getting coolant and the counter guy was helping a very old gentleman read his cel code. he rattled off two impressive sounding codes for evap parts and said that he had them both in stock. priced them but said he did not know what or where they were on the truck. I interjected and said the fact that he had two evap codes did not say those parts were bad but that they both were more likely reading a common cause elsewhere in the circuit. the owner said that someone said gas cap so he cleaned it with wd40 and wiped it dry so that can't be it. I asked how much a cap was. 12+ and said that I would start with the basics and start small. new cap. an evap cap is more likely to fail and given the old man's stance I'm not sure he can tighten it properly. he just wanted that light to go off!

Nice! In my experience, emissions parts are probably the top category of components sold in these stores. Top reason why most people get rid of a vehicle is probably that pesky check engine light. I can't even image how bright that light bulb was that went in the heads of the Auto manufacturers in the mid-80s and on. Bullnose is the last of the old-school!!

Your neighbor is the very reason we have had a TPMS mandate for 22 years....

Nice! In my experience, emissions parts are probably the top category of components sold in these stores. Top reason why most people get rid of a vehicle is probably that pesky check engine light. I can't even image how bright that light bulb was that went in the heads of the Auto manufacturers in the mid-80s and on. Bullnose is the last of the old-school!!

Put a piece of electrical tape over it (or take it right out) if you don't like the CEL.

The bulb is trying to tell you something...

Put a piece of electrical tape over it (or take it right out) if you don't like the CEL.

The bulb is trying to tell you something...

Usually nothing noteworthy... except more business for Bosch or Denso .. after wasting time on a chinese knockoff :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

You have enjoyed about 3-4 decades with the ArdWrknTrk and may not be too familiar with the pains and frustrations of seeing an annoying CEL... just kidding :nabble_smiley_wink:

BTW sold my 99' Honda. Kid that bought it was especially excited about no longer needing to change O2 sensors or Catalytic converters to pass emissions as it is 25 years old and no longer subject to emissions. I told him to keep an eye on Cats... that he can get away for a bit on a bat Cat, but not too long before you choke the engine.