Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

What year is the crew cab?

The Hot Fuel Handling system changed a couple of times...

Just get a new rear tank.

It is never worth the $$$ and effort to try and resurrect one.

I like the Lilland powder coated tanks myself. They fit everything right and are quite strong (as my driveshaft tried to beat my midship to death.... and lost.

The 460 is pretty resilient, but the trucks do have known points of failure, like the cowl drains, rear spring hangers and door seal pinch welds, among others.

1985 F-350

1985 F-350

Right.

It's a crew cab, the 350 part is pretty much a given, but the fuel pump wiring is of the later variety, with the switch valve swapping the sender and being controlled by a relay rather than just the switch,..

We can walk you through the EVTM to troubleshoot the rear tank (which should be the default tank)

Right.

It's a crew cab, the 350 part is pretty much a given, but the fuel pump wiring is of the later variety, with the switch valve swapping the sender and being controlled by a relay rather than just the switch,..

We can walk you through the EVTM to troubleshoot the rear tank (which should be the default tank)

Sounds great!

I just got it home today. It's a beast. I'll make a post with pictures. The owner was sad to let her go but is heading to LA. I invited him to the forum he is an enthusiast as well, I knew it when he said bullnose for sure. He said he plans on looking for more Bullnose trucks in CA and getting them or the parts on the market to help keep these legends on the road.

Primary focus right now is 3 fold.

1) bed is loose need to check it out and lock it down. Only 4 bolts there. Probably was up to work on the fuel system. So maybe after I sort that. It also has a gooseneck. I think for now I want to take that out and shelve it.

2) get that fuel system troubleshot. Definitely appears to be the electric pump set up. That may be standard, new to this one.

3) Ring out the electric and charge system. Has a newer battery but seemed to be struggling a bit. Blower motor when turned on was weak. I'm thinking there may be a parasitic drain. Could be motor/resistor or blower issue in general, some time. If some time on the shop charger makes the blower pick up then it's power.

3) Replace AC system. Turned it on got a bit of hesitation and noise pretty sure that compressor is seized. I expected that. Every but hoses on Rock Auto, including heater core and blower is about $420. Heat index is 110 today, AC essential with little ones.

4) Needs seat belts in a couple spots, and previous owner had a wiper motor for me so I can swap that out.

Sounds great!

I just got it home today. It's a beast. I'll make a post with pictures. The owner was sad to let her go but is heading to LA. I invited him to the forum he is an enthusiast as well, I knew it when he said bullnose for sure. He said he plans on looking for more Bullnose trucks in CA and getting them or the parts on the market to help keep these legends on the road.

1) bed is loose need to check it out and lock it down. Only 4 bolts there. Probably was up to work on the fuel system. So maybe after I sort that. It also has a gooseneck. I think for now I want to take that out and shelve it.

2) get that fuel system troubleshot. Definitely appears to be the electric pump set up. That may be standard, new to this one.

3) Ring out the electric and charge system. Has a newer battery but seemed to be struggling a bit. Blower motor when turned on was weak. I'm thinking there may be a parasitic drain. Could be motor/resistor or blower issue in general, some time. If some time on the shop charger makes the blower pick up then it's power.

3) Replace AC system. Turned it on got a bit of hesitation and noise pretty sure that compressor is seized. I expected that. Every but hoses on Rock Auto, including heater core and blower is about $420. Heat index is 110 today, AC essential with little ones.

4) Needs seat belts in a couple spots, and previous owner had a wiper motor for me so I can swap that out.

The blower motor always has power in run

The motor or squirrel cage could be gummed up, or you have a ground problem on the switched side

Parasitic drain will show if you put a meter between the battery - terminal and the ground cable

Be sure the doors are shut so you're not seeing the dome light

If the drain is substantial, the first place to check is the diode bridge in the alternator.

Put your hand on the back to see if it's warm/hot.

Disconnect the alternator charge cable at the battery+ stud of the fender mounted relay and see if the draw remains.

Go familiarize yourself with the 1986 EVTM...

: Documentation/Electrical/EVTM 's/1986 EVTM

The Hot Fuel Handling system was sort of a mandatory option in some DSO's

My truck has a mechanical pump, but I'm familiar with HFH, and can walk you through the troubleshooting.

Sounds great!

- deleted -

- deleted -

Oh wow yea I love the network. There are a lot of bull law trucks in SC for sale right now. There was a sweet pretty well restored, repainted and everything F-150 down on james island the other day. It comes in waves here it seems.

I've been living in the low country between North Charleston and Summerville for going on 12 years now. And it's a La Niña year so it's going to be all storms and humidity through October.

Oh wow yea I love the network. There are a lot of bull law trucks in SC for sale right now. There was a sweet pretty well restored, repainted and everything F-150 down on james island the other day. It comes in waves here it seems.

I've been living in the low country between North Charleston and Summerville for going on 12 years now. And it's a La Niña year so it's going to be all storms and humidity through October.

My little sister lives in Goose Creek.....

James Island? That's where my SiL lives, tjmac on here. I've been there many times and have recently taken several loads of parts for his 83 F150. In fact, I think I'll be taking a set of bullet hole wheels there this winter.

James Island? That's where my SiL lives, tjmac on here. I've been there many times and have recently taken several loads of parts for his 83 F150. In fact, I think I'll be taking a set of bullet hole wheels there this winter.

Well... Bullnose Beach Fest?