Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: That driveway looks FULL! How does Lesley get out?

As for perfection, you are talking about Canada? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Pluto's been in the street most of this week. He was just there to jump start Oswald to get Oswald off the trailer.

And I said "just a LITTLE bit south..."!

i hate to tell you but someone parked a dodge on the ford lot. you know we can get towed around by foreigners.

Is this better? I think so! It only took driving Oswald on and off the trailer to remind me how much I miss him! I'm looking forward to when the Dodge is out of the picture!

As to how a Dodge made it into my Ford stable, I'm really not against any brands, but I like what I like, and what I like is old Ford trucks. I've had an '02 and an '08 Ford truck and I won't have another Ford truck newer than my '97. I'm not saying they're bad trucks, just that I don't like them.

So when I was looking for a truck to drive while I fix up Oswald I wanted another old Ford truck. Lesley really didn't like the idea of getting another old truck, so I started looking at options. I ended up rejecting everything else and got the Dodge as the better of the evils.

DSC_4661.jpg.0b44ca4c63f300fb8f21f0f1e7afdfb2.jpg

Is this better? I think so! It only took driving Oswald on and off the trailer to remind me how much I miss him! I'm looking forward to when the Dodge is out of the picture!

As to how a Dodge made it into my Ford stable, I'm really not against any brands, but I like what I like, and what I like is old Ford trucks. I've had an '02 and an '08 Ford truck and I won't have another Ford truck newer than my '97. I'm not saying they're bad trucks, just that I don't like them.

So when I was looking for a truck to drive while I fix up Oswald I wanted another old Ford truck. Lesley really didn't like the idea of getting another old truck, so I started looking at options. I ended up rejecting everything else and got the Dodge as the better of the evils.

we have all kinds around here. my brother has a ram also and got an 86 f150 a while back to join the gang. my yard has all fords with one exception. my wife's Camry. at least we have one 30 mpg in fleet.:nabble_smiley_beam:

we have all kinds around here. my brother has a ram also and got an 86 f150 a while back to join the gang. my yard has all fords with one exception. my wife's Camry. at least we have one 30 mpg in fleet.:nabble_smiley_beam:

The little yellow car in the garage is Lesley's Jeep Renegade. So we're not likely to be an exclusively Ford household for the foreseeable future. Which is fine by me as that's never been my goal.

The little yellow car in the garage is Lesley's Jeep Renegade. So we're not likely to be an exclusively Ford household for the foreseeable future. Which is fine by me as that's never been my goal.

I am not a one-brand guy. I drive what I like, and for Janey's car we chose the Merc GLK and love it.

As for why I have Ford trucks, and more specifically Bullnose trucks, lets just say they are more functional than brick. (According to the International Brick Collector's Association, "brick" is both singular and plural.) My mother was a founding member of IBCA and had a very large collection of brick when she passed. My brother has the interesting ones out of that collection as a wall in his cabin, but the majority of the collection was passed to another IBCA member.

Anyway, I wanted something a bit more useful or functional than brick. :nabble_smiley_good:

I am not a one-brand guy. I drive what I like, and for Janey's car we chose the Merc GLK and love it.

As for why I have Ford trucks, and more specifically Bullnose trucks, lets just say they are more functional than brick. (According to the International Brick Collector's Association, "brick" is both singular and plural.) My mother was a founding member of IBCA and had a very large collection of brick when she passed. My brother has the interesting ones out of that collection as a wall in his cabin, but the majority of the collection was passed to another IBCA member.

Anyway, I wanted something a bit more useful or functional than brick. :nabble_smiley_good:

So that's why you don't have '87 - '91 Ford trucks!

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: Brick! Well spotted, as the Brits would say. :nabble_anim_claps:

Interestingly, when I got into Bullnose trucks there wasn't a moniker for them or the later trucks. Just Bumps and Dents. As explained on our page at Documentation/Bullnose FAQ's the tag Bullnose was adopted, at least on FTE, in 2011. And it was about that time that the later trucks got their moniker.

But even had I known the later ones were to be called Bricks, that wouldn't have swayed me. I prefer the squared-up look of the Bullnose - before the rounding and blending and smoothing for the wind tunnel took over.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: Brick! Well spotted, as the Brits would say. :nabble_anim_claps:

Interestingly, when I got into Bullnose trucks there wasn't a moniker for them or the later trucks. Just Bumps and Dents. As explained on our page at Documentation/Bullnose FAQ's the tag Bullnose was adopted, at least on FTE, in 2011. And it was about that time that the later trucks got their moniker.

But even had I known the later ones were to be called Bricks, that wouldn't have swayed me. I prefer the squared-up look of the Bullnose - before the rounding and blending and smoothing for the wind tunnel took over.

I think the MK VII was the first US vehicle without sealed beams (mid '80's)

Edit: Daniel Stern would probably know for sure...

I remember when the Taurus first came out.

We literally called them jellybeans. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: