Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Nice looking truck! :nabble_smiley_good:

Hard to find these crew cabs. It's the third one I have seen in the area in 12 years.

Confirmed 460 under the hood. Per the current owner " It eats gas like a M$3@!*!** "

Nice looking truck! :nabble_smiley_good:

Hard to find these crew cabs. It's the third one I have seen in the area in 12 years.

Confirmed 460 under the hood. Per the current owner " It eats gas like a M$3@!*!** "

No matter what. 10 mpg.

Uphill, downhill, foot to the floor, it's a 460.

It doesn't care...

No matter what. 10 mpg.

Uphill, downhill, foot to the floor, it's a 460.

It doesn't care...

Lol well at least it's consistent. That's what I was telling my buddy. Could build it out, not gonna affect much. Load it up, won't care.

Lol well at least it's consistent. That's what I was telling my buddy. Could build it out, not gonna affect much. Load it up, won't care.

Pretty much. 🤷‍♂️

My truck gets the same with nothing in the bed as it does with my usual 2 filled job boxes and assorted tools (about #1,000)

It gets the same with the camper in the bed/over the cab.

It gets the same hauling a loaded race trailer to Daytona Speedway (about 1,200 highway miles each way, so I get to stop at least 4x)

Gary likes his 460 but he will say the word "economy" doesn't belong in the same county with it.

I say mine will pass everything but a gas station, but I have lower gears than he does. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Pretty much. 🤷‍♂️

My truck gets the same with nothing in the bed as it does with my usual 2 filled job boxes and assorted tools (about #1,000)

It gets the same with the camper in the bed/over the cab.

It gets the same hauling a loaded race trailer to Daytona Speedway (about 1,200 highway miles each way, so I get to stop at least 4x)

Gary likes his 460 but he will say the word "economy" doesn't belong in the same county with it.

I say mine will pass everything but a gas station, but I have lower gears than he does. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I have 3.55 gears and the truck will turn in 12 MPG if held to 65 MPH and fed manually. Where's the fun in that? So I get 11 - 11.5 on the road with it, all day long with it on speed control.

But the thing weighs 6600 lbs with the winch, aux battery, 3KW inverter, onboard compressed air, toolbox with lots & lots of hand tools, etc.

Steve/FoxFord33 and I used it to go get a Mercury Mountaineer recently on a 200 mile round trip. Pulled the car-hauler trailer over at 75 in 5th gear, which is 2100, and came back at 70 in 4th gear, which is 2500. Spent a whole lot of time idling moving the trailer around and then winching the Mountaineer on. But overall got about 10 MPG.

I have 3.55 gears and the truck will turn in 12 MPG if held to 65 MPH and fed manually. Where's the fun in that? So I get 11 - 11.5 on the road with it, all day long with it on speed control.

But the thing weighs 6600 lbs with the winch, aux battery, 3KW inverter, onboard compressed air, toolbox with lots & lots of hand tools, etc.

Steve/FoxFord33 and I used it to go get a Mercury Mountaineer recently on a 200 mile round trip. Pulled the car-hauler trailer over at 75 in 5th gear, which is 2100, and came back at 70 in 4th gear, which is 2500. Spent a whole lot of time idling moving the trailer around and then winching the Mountaineer on. But overall got about 10 MPG.

Our tare weights are the same.

I have 4.10's.

I get 10, at 3k 75 mph.

If I go 90-95 then wind drag increases exponentially (square) and mileage drops.

Our tare weights are the same.

I have 4.10's.

I get 10, at 3k 75 mph.

If I go 90-95 then wind drag increases exponentially (square) and mileage drops.

My brother-in-law from Tennessee was visiting recently. When he saw my driveway he said "That looks a lot like Kentucky!" My response was "You know, Tennessee and Iowa have a lot in common. Both are just a little bit south of perfection!" :nabble_smiley_evil:

DSC_4660.jpg.fc31683e56f7f8e6a2343c24f1140a24.jpg

My brother-in-law from Tennessee was visiting recently. When he saw my driveway he said "That looks a lot like Kentucky!" My response was "You know, Tennessee and Iowa have a lot in common. Both are just a little bit south of perfection!" :nabble_smiley_evil:

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: That driveway looks FULL! How does Lesley get out?

As for perfection, you are talking about Canada? :nabble_smiley_wink: