Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

We just put it in the tow lot and let the daily storage fee exceed the book.

I don't think this guy had title, or maybe the mods made it impossible to register. ?? 🤷‍♂️

Thats one strategy. "Bonded Bronco" was such as case (Storage fees exceeded value).

I have had my share of title issues!! Seen all kinds of them.

Big Blue 2WD's title story is by far the craziest of all.

The previous owner (a car guy and now a good friend) was getting ready to leave TX and wanted the truck sold.. I paid asking price (I usually do if the price is fair and matches the book value) and that goes a long way in my experience if you needed any after-help from the seller. He provided me with a title in his son's name and a notarized bill of sale straight from the son (upon my request). Texas DMV wouldn't accept that title as they said the dad had already a pending title application in his name from a year ago which was rejected. Why was it rejected ? Because dad wanted to transfer it into his name and thought he lost the title his son gave him and had his son in Idaho obtain a duplicate.. but maybe a week later found the original title his son gave him and turned in in to TX DMV (maybe son had already mailed in a request for a duplicate to Idaho by then ??). By the time Texas DMV processed his application, a new duplicate in Idaho had superseded the one he had turned in and his title was rejected. Dad said screw TX and assumed since the title was rejected and he had an Idaho title he could sell the truck with the Idaho title and he was getting ready to leave TX anyway.

The title I had on had was the latest and greatest but because there was a pending title application (Even though it was rejected) texas told me this truck could never again be registered in texas, even with a bonded title until the previous title transaction gets completed. But wait the latest title that I turned in was showing me as the buyer now!! The dad was leaving the state soon and didn't have time to deal with getting a title transferred in his name.

Anyway.. this was all resolved as he granted me a special power of attorney to act on his behalf with a notarized correction affidavit I was able to transfer it into his name.... and then into mine. And then there was more later as my local TX DMV guy didn't understand all this power of attorney business and wanted a fresh bill of sale from him to me... The hardest part was I drove 200 miles to buy the truck and had to do that trip more than once!! Long story short. Even with a clean and legitimate title things can get messy unless you buy directly from the last titled owner and you have a same state title.

I have probably other crazy title stories. Quite a few messed up ones from my past auction purchases. :nabble_smiley_blush: I became quite an expert in inter-state niche titling issues.. such as "NMVTIS titling anomalies by state".

Thats one strategy. "Bonded Bronco" was such as case (Storage fees exceeded value).

I have had my share of title issues!! Seen all kinds of them.

Big Blue 2WD's title story is by far the craziest of all.

The previous owner (a car guy and now a good friend) was getting ready to leave TX and wanted the truck sold.. I paid asking price (I usually do if the price is fair and matches the book value) and that goes a long way in my experience if you needed any after-help from the seller. He provided me with a title in his son's name and a notarized bill of sale straight from the son (upon my request). Texas DMV wouldn't accept that title as they said the dad had already a pending title application in his name from a year ago which was rejected. Why was it rejected ? Because dad wanted to transfer it into his name and thought he lost the title his son gave him and had his son in Idaho obtain a duplicate.. but maybe a week later found the original title his son gave him and turned in in to TX DMV (maybe son had already mailed in a request for a duplicate to Idaho by then ??). By the time Texas DMV processed his application, a new duplicate in Idaho had superseded the one he had turned in and his title was rejected. Dad said screw TX and assumed since the title was rejected and he had an Idaho title he could sell the truck with the Idaho title and he was getting ready to leave TX anyway.

The title I had on had was the latest and greatest but because there was a pending title application (Even though it was rejected) texas told me this truck could never again be registered in texas, even with a bonded title until the previous title transaction gets completed. But wait the latest title that I turned in was showing me as the buyer now!! The dad was leaving the state soon and didn't have time to deal with getting a title transferred in his name.

Anyway.. this was all resolved as he granted me a special power of attorney to act on his behalf with a notarized correction affidavit I was able to transfer it into his name.... and then into mine. And then there was more later as my local TX DMV guy didn't understand all this power of attorney business and wanted a fresh bill of sale from him to me... The hardest part was I drove 200 miles to buy the truck and had to do that trip more than once!! Long story short. Even with a clean and legitimate title things can get messy unless you buy directly from the last titled owner and you have a same state title.

I have probably other crazy title stories. Quite a few messed up ones from my past auction purchases. :nabble_smiley_blush: I became quite an expert in inter-state niche titling issues.. such as "NMVTIS titling anomalies by state".

Well, I need to see IF there's a title, and if the son ever tried to re-title it in his name.

Because that would suck.

I know it isn't registered, and I know if xyz years have elapsed you need a FULL safety inspection, so you can be sure all those 25 year old brake and fuel lines need replaced (DOT says 10 years for rubber). Also going to need new tires regardless of condition, because, again....

And then the bumper is too high for our state.

So I've either gotta remove the lift (which means rims+tires wont fit) to get it below 30" or hack together drop bumper brackets welded to DOT specifications.....

It looks clean (well covered in moss and filth) but I don't know if I want to get into it.

Well, I need to see IF there's a title, and if the son ever tried to re-title it in his name.

Because that would suck.

I know it isn't registered, and I know if xyz years have elapsed you need a FULL safety inspection, so you can be sure all those 25 year old brake and fuel lines need replaced (DOT says 10 years for rubber). Also going to need new tires regardless of condition, because, again....

And then the bumper is too high for our state.

So I've either gotta remove the lift (which means rims+tires wont fit) to get it below 30" or hack together drop bumper brackets welded to DOT specifications.....

It looks clean (well covered in moss and filth) but I don't know if I want to get into it.

I'm late to the party, sorry. Must have been at the bank getting our new account or at Janey's therapy.

But that truck looks like a major headache. However, is it something you would want to drive, assuming you get everything resolved? You've already said it isn't sought after. So is the view worth the climb?

I'm late to the party, sorry. Must have been at the bank getting our new account or at Janey's therapy.

But that truck looks like a major headache. However, is it something you would want to drive, assuming you get everything resolved? You've already said it isn't sought after. So is the view worth the climb?

It's getting it registered and insured that's going to be a pain.

But if it doesn't even crank I can't even tell if the lift pump works.

Let alone the high pressure pump, injectors, etc.

Getting it towed the hell out of there is a problem too, because the wheels and tires make it wider than my flatbed and it's parked 90° to the street, with a column at either side of the driveway.

I'd have to get it with a wrecker and a wheel lift.

But again, it's high in the air and I don't have any original suspension or body mounts.

Oiol changes and filters are expensive and it's going to be done at least twice.

It's a truck I would drive (after firring an exhaust and tune that doesn't roll coal)

But then I have to weld up the bed....

Extra cab is appealing.

Bed height is definitely NOT.

I have to load job boxes, sheetrock, and lumber. I'm not going to be stacking concrete or shingles at shoulder height.

Guy was on speaker with his father and said two neighbors have offered $3k, but "I know what I've got. The parts are worth more than that!"

Both his parents want it gone (long ago)

I'd offer $15 but it's not even worth that if the engine is gonna cost twice that to get past emissions.

And then I have to make it into an actual pickup that works instead of a Mall Crawler.

It's getting it registered and insured that's going to be a pain.

But if it doesn't even crank I can't even tell if the lift pump works.

Let alone the high pressure pump, injectors, etc.

Getting it towed the hell out of there is a problem too, because the wheels and tires make it wider than my flatbed and it's parked 90° to the street, with a column at either side of the driveway.

I'd have to get it with a wrecker and a wheel lift.

But again, it's high in the air and I don't have any original suspension or body mounts.

Oiol changes and filters are expensive and it's going to be done at least twice.

It's a truck I would drive (after firring an exhaust and tune that doesn't roll coal)

But then I have to weld up the bed....

Extra cab is appealing.

Bed height is definitely NOT.

I have to load job boxes, sheetrock, and lumber. I'm not going to be stacking concrete or shingles at shoulder height.

Guy was on speaker with his father and said two neighbors have offered $3k, but "I know what I've got. The parts are worth more than that!"

Both his parents want it gone (long ago)

I'd offer $15 but it's not even worth that if the engine is gonna cost twice that to get past emissions.

And then I have to make it into an actual pickup that works instead of a Mall Crawler.

So my oldest has graduated from high school and is moving out. We are going to give her one of our vehicles which puts me short a ride. We were looking at some dealers until I found this bad boy in Bluffton SC (wouldn't happen to be a member would you lol). Looks like a great deal to me.

7.3l out of a 1990 with ZF5 behind it. Looks pretty solid.

https://www.facebook.com/share/PHzFqRpPEBDEB3be/?mibextid=kL3p88

Before this was talking to someone more local with a truck in far worse shape 300 with np435 but transmission was out etc

So my oldest has graduated from high school and is moving out. We are going to give her one of our vehicles which puts me short a ride. We were looking at some dealers until I found this bad boy in Bluffton SC (wouldn't happen to be a member would you lol). Looks like a great deal to me.

7.3l out of a 1990 with ZF5 behind it. Looks pretty solid.

https://www.facebook.com/share/PHzFqRpPEBDEB3be/?mibextid=kL3p88

Before this was talking to someone more local with a truck in far worse shape 300 with np435 but transmission was out etc

Ugh was supposed to come up this weekend to see that truck and he dropped the price to $3500 and sold it looks like.

Bummer! Hope you find something, soon.

Back to looking at that one with the NO435 out of it.

Also there is a 1996 here with a 300 six in it. Has a ramp kit in the bed like a utility trailer has. Wants $2200 for it. I could probably sell that ramp kit for $500-1000.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to looking at that one with the NO435 out of it.

Also there is a 1996 here with a 300 six in it. Has a ramp kit in the bed like a utility trailer has. Wants $2200 for it. I could probably sell that ramp kit for $500-1000.

Oh boy, might get lucky. This gentleman is selling a 4 door 1985 F-350 trying to see which motor he has under the hood. I think it's probably the 460. Hit the bank up already to make sure I have cash on hand.

Screenshot_20240621_115052_Facebook.jpg.bb1b0a86ee3e82181d28cefdafe426f5.jpg

Oh boy, might get lucky. This gentleman is selling a 4 door 1985 F-350 trying to see which motor he has under the hood. I think it's probably the 460. Hit the bank up already to make sure I have cash on hand.

Screenshot_20240621_115116_Facebook.thumb.jpg.38b021f20dd43ba7684ae67c2e64c4c4.jpg