Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

We had a ridiculous storm alright. So much water. We pumped out more than 1200 gallons from our crawl space :nabble_smiley_argh: getting a French drain put in next week

Wow! That's a LOT of water!

Wow! That's a LOT of water!

It was barely a few inches of water so was expecting a quick pump out. But over 1000+ sq ft it adds up. We timed how long it took to fill a 5 gallon bucket and extrapolated so it was really that much water. ~2.5 hour pump out.. 450gph. As we pumped, more water appeared to surface (from the water table?). In the summer time it is dry as a desert, our oaks are begging for water. Nature is brutal :nabble_smiley_uh:

Here's a link to a video of Barnsdall. As said, it is 20 miles from us.

I just have no words to express how I feel, looking at this devastation.

It’s just… crazy.

😢

having ridden out a few tornadoes in the mid ten area I can sympathize with you. yet being in Nashville this past weekend, Saturday we were tolerating rain, wind and memories of doing this same show in recent years with damage. then the tornado siren went off. I handed my wife her raincoat and said to get to cover and I'm right behind her when they announced it was just a test. I was pissed!!!!! not our first tent event as we do art shows more than 12 years now. but the timing was unfortunate. turned out great after all.

Boeing lost their mind when they sold out to 'management' and moved to Chicago 👎

https://arstechnica.com/space/2024/05/nasa-wants-a-cheaper-mars-sample-return-boeing-proposes-most-expensive-rocket/?comments=1&comments-page=1

Also, as if it weren't bad enough that they snuffed the guy who was ready to testify in Charleston, they've got to deal with this.... https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68966894

The MBA's need lynching. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

https://arstechnica.com/space/2024/05/nasa-wants-a-cheaper-mars-sample-return-boeing-proposes-most-expensive-rocket/?comments=1&comments-page=1

Also, as if it weren't bad enough that they snuffed the guy who was ready to testify in Charleston, they've got to deal with this.... https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68966894

The MBA's need lynching. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Hiking with family today.

This old bridge is wood made!

:nabble_smiley_oh:

IMG_9988.jpeg.1091609a475138db7448dca8efcb701d.jpeg

IMG_9990.jpeg.020f8da7652a32849708eba859982241.jpeg

Fir hunting prohibited:

IMG_0022.jpeg.9193e1c9781f36c10e76e36f30b2d9ae.jpeg

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Thanks guys, you’re right, looks really the same as a M-38A1.

Nice restoration project for a Jeep lover.

And certainly a head turner for everyone.

14 years as USMCR Motor Transport, 1965-1971 then 1975-1983 (didn't learn the first time). We had M38s when I started, M151s later. I generally drove the wrecker down and back to Camp Lejeune, then was given two trip tickets every weekday, one for an M151 (ticked a few officers off that a SSgt had a personal jeep) the other for the M543A2C 5 ton wrecker. That way if one of our antique (1953 vintage) 5 ton gas engine trucks broke down I could go check it out and come back with the wrecker if needed.

Gas mileage on the 5 tons was amazing, 3 mpg, the gas wrecker we had before the multifuel got 2 empty and 1 towing. 602 ci in-line 6s, 4.875" bore, 5.375" stroke, redlined at 3600 rpm. Continental R6602 engine.

14 years as USMCR Motor Transport, 1965-1971 then 1975-1983 (didn't learn the first time). We had M38s when I started, M151s later. I generally drove the wrecker down and back to Camp Lejeune, then was given two trip tickets every weekday, one for an M151 (ticked a few officers off that a SSgt had a personal jeep) the other for the M543A2C 5 ton wrecker. That way if one of our antique (1953 vintage) 5 ton gas engine trucks broke down I could go check it out and come back with the wrecker if needed.

Gas mileage on the 5 tons was amazing, 3 mpg, the gas wrecker we had before the multifuel got 2 empty and 1 towing. 602 ci in-line 6s, 4.875" bore, 5.375" stroke, redlined at 3600 rpm. Continental R6602 engine.

I'm back in the hospital, on IV antibiotics.

Hope to be back under my truck, installing the differential ASAP!