Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

We named her Elektra !

All I can hear now is “All trains to racing mode!” Or “My name’s CB & I’m pretty fast downhill.”

Are we talking about the same thing?

Visit at my local salvage yard this afternoon.

No more Bullnose, couple of Bricknoses.

Our Bulls begin to become rare…

But there was this new arrival.

Any Jeep expert here?

IMG_9921.jpeg.c92508f6bef730c0fab4301a5dab6a5c.jpeg

Any Jeep expert here?

I'm no expert. That's either a CJ5 or the military equivalent, the M38A1. The CJ5 ran from 1955 to 1983. That's definitely an earlier one, I'd guess late '50s or early '60s. They're cool and fun, and there's a lot of aftermarket supprt for them. But I don't think they're old or rare enough to really be collectible, which means they should be affordable.

I'm no expert. That's either a CJ5 or the military equivalent, the M38A1. The CJ5 ran from 1955 to 1983. That's definitely an earlier one, I'd guess late '50s or early '60s. They're cool and fun, and there's a lot of aftermarket supprt for them. But I don't think they're old or rare enough to really be collectible, which means they should be affordable.

I think it's an M38A1, I can see the battery cover on the right side of the cowl.

Any Jeep expert here?

Yes, I agree with Bob and Bill, M38A1 had the round fenders. Interesting!

https://www.jeep.com/history/1950s.html#:~:text=1953%2D1964%20JEEP%C2%AE%20M%2D170%20(MD%2DA)&text=The%20CJ%2D4MA%2D01%20(,the%20round%20fender%20M%2D38A1.

Yes, I agree with Bob and Bill, M38A1 had the round fenders. Interesting!

https://www.jeep.com/history/1950s.html#:~:text=1953%2D1964%20JEEP%C2%AE%20M%2D170%20(MD%2DA)&text=The%20CJ%2D4MA%2D01%20(,the%20round%20fender%20M%2D38A1.

Thanks guys, you’re right, looks really the same as a M-38A1.

IMG_9930.jpeg.6d4e9a96bbeffc5ae96482e16e1a4c17.jpeg

Nice restoration project for a Jeep lover.

And certainly a head turner for everyone.

Thanks guys, you’re right, looks really the same as a M-38A1.

Nice restoration project for a Jeep lover.

And certainly a head turner for everyone.

Gary, how was the night?

Seems that the severe storm sector that causes these tornados is moving N-E., towards the Ohio valley.

I read that Osage County was severely hit.

Pretty scary.

Gary, how was the night?

Seems that the severe storm sector that causes these tornados is moving N-E., towards the Ohio valley.

I read that Osage County was severely hit.

Pretty scary.

Jeff - It was a scary night. We'd been told that the atmosphere was ripe for severe storms, and the reports were showing that the highest possible level of warning, #5, was just barely west of us. So as the evening progressed that's about all that was on TV.

Sure enough, about 8 they saw a shear show up on radar to the SW of us. Then it developed the classic hook profile and headed NNE. It was in farm country so not a lot to hit, but then it headed directly for the little town of Barnsdall, 20 miles NW of us. Along the way it got stronger and they were guessing it at an EF3 or 4 when it made a direct hit. After that it lost a bit of steam but was still pretty strong when it hit Bartlesville.

I've not seen official reports this morning but I've seen pics on FB of twisted power poles and some buildings damaged. But we are safe, having spent some time in the shop where our storm shelter is.

Jeff - It was a scary night. We'd been told that the atmosphere was ripe for severe storms, and the reports were showing that the highest possible level of warning, #5, was just barely west of us. So as the evening progressed that's about all that was on TV.

Sure enough, about 8 they saw a shear show up on radar to the SW of us. Then it developed the classic hook profile and headed NNE. It was in farm country so not a lot to hit, but then it headed directly for the little town of Barnsdall, 20 miles NW of us. Along the way it got stronger and they were guessing it at an EF3 or 4 when it made a direct hit. After that it lost a bit of steam but was still pretty strong when it hit Bartlesville.

I've not seen official reports this morning but I've seen pics on FB of twisted power poles and some buildings damaged. But we are safe, having spent some time in the shop where our storm shelter is.

Here's a link to a video of Barnsdall. As said, it is 20 miles from us.