Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Since we're on the subject... (just infusing myself into this as though I were part of the previous conversation)... I hate 99.999999999% of music. To be fair, my first experience in life with music was the Black Eyed Peas and Gwen Stefani. Guess that prejudiced me toward the art form as a whole. IF you can even call it "art" anymore... I can't stand most of what comes on the radio, which I'm forced to listen to at work. It's all either mindless dance music, or sappy relationship-oriented junk. Unfortunately, the station our radio is always set to only plays the "top 40's", which somehow always seems to end up being the Police at least every other song. I hate that band's music with a passion.

Guess I sound a mite harsh there. Still, I give no appy polly loggies to thee or thine for that.

Since we're on the subject... (just infusing myself into this as though I were part of the previous conversation)... I hate 99.999999999% of music. To be fair, my first experience in life with music was the Black Eyed Peas and Gwen Stefani. Guess that prejudiced me toward the art form as a whole. IF you can even call it "art" anymore... I can't stand most of what comes on the radio, which I'm forced to listen to at work. It's all either mindless dance music, or sappy relationship-oriented junk. Unfortunately, the station our radio is always set to only plays the "top 40's", which somehow always seems to end up being the Police at least every other song. I hate that band's music with a passion.

I'm sorry you seem so angry, Bradley.

I can't really say what your generation was exposed to.

Back in my day music was thought provoking, slanted towards social justice and Free Love.

I will say in 1984, after I got out of 2 1/2 months in traction, I went to work for Westinghouse in their satellite transmission services.

They beamed Lifetime, The Nashville Network, Arts & Entertainment, Satellite News Channel as well as Muzak.

That '80's elevator music was enough to make you want to stab your eardrums out with a pencil!!!

.... which somehow always seems to end up being the Police at least every other song....

Funny how that tends to work out. I used to listen to an "oldies" rock station and it seemed like every other song was Elton John. And when I lived in Detroit in the '80s there was a rock station with the call letters WLLZ, which we decided stood for "We Love Led Zeppelin"

.... which somehow always seems to end up being the Police at least every other song....

Funny how that tends to work out. I used to listen to an "oldies" rock station and it seemed like every other song was Elton John. And when I lived in Detroit in the '80s there was a rock station with the call letters WLLZ, which we decided stood for "We Love Led Zeppelin"

I'm listening to Zep 4 right now! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Back in my day music was thought provoking, slanted towards social justice and Free Love.

I will say in 1984, after I got out of 2 1/2 months in traction, I went to work for Westinghouse in their satellite transmission services.

They beamed Lifetime, The Nashville Network, Arts & Entertainment, Satellite News Channel as well as Muzak.

That '80's elevator music was enough to make you want to stab your eardrums out with a pencil!!!

I'm not angry, just very opinionated. Shallow music gets on my nerves.

The music of my generation is anything but thought provoking. But, my generation isn't very concerned with thought.

I'm not angry, just very opinionated. Shallow music gets on my nerves.

I guess I don't see 'hate' the same way you do....

I've been around the block a few times, and seen enough hatred that I know I never want to be that person.

I guess I don't see 'hate' the same way you do....

I've been around the block a few times, and seen enough hatred that I know I never want to be that person.

It's a word I use too freely. I just speak too strongly. I admit that as a fault. I should use "dislike". But, words change meaning over time, as well as amplitude (couldn't think of a better word). I usually try to resist that pull, and keep words meaning what they mean.

It's a word I use too freely. I just speak too strongly. I admit that as a fault. I should use "dislike". But, words change meaning over time, as well as amplitude (couldn't think of a better word). I usually try to resist that pull, and keep words meaning what they mean.

Might I suggest lothe?

It expresses your incredible distaste without making you sound like a vulgar and pathetic person.