Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I'm changing the thread title back. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I didn't get nearly the responses I expected.

Maybe I'm just toooo far out there for you guys???

This morning (didn't dawn) I started my day w/ Mingus and Coletrane.

I LOVE all awesome music!

Gotta admit, I didn't even notice the change in title :nabble_smiley_blush:. But I was wondering where the reference to an obscure album came from.

I used to listen to music all of the time, mostly what are now often called "the good bands", Beatles, Stones, Zep, Skynyrd, Boston, Steve Miller, Kansas....

Then I got married. Lesley listened to country music, so that was usually what was on any time we were in the car. And then we had kids, and "Barney's Greatest Hits" became the norm on the tape deck. Later I was driving groups of Scouts on campouts or whatever. Through those decades I often didn't have my music on and kind of got out of the habit of listening to music all of the time. I don't even have a stereo in the garage anymore.

I do have all of my music digitized, and I put it on MP3 disks so I can listen to 10 hours on the stereo in Oswald before I need to change the disk. But the stereo in Pluto died again a few years ago (it gets water in it from the leaky fold-down windshield), and the Dodge stereo doesn't play MP3s. So I don't even listen to anything while I'm driving anymore.

Jim, I have an iTunes list which I called “Jeff-Divers” (could be translated as Jeff-Miscellaneous, or maybe Jeff-Assorted?).

I’ve put in it every song I like, no matter the style.

Kids and wife hate it. It makes me laughing, and I admit that various styles and rythmes back to back can be a little ear-scratchy.

I realize that my music taste looks more as the visible light spectrum, compared with yours, which I would tag as “infinite electromagnetic spectrum”.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I understand diversity

In your case assorted or random

I don't eat the poison Apple, and don't trust the Goliath with any more of my demographics or interests than I absolutely have to.

I understand diversity

In your case assorted or random

I don't eat the poison Apple, and don't trust the Goliath with any more of my demographics or interests than I absolutely have to.

people really raise an eyebrow when they catch you listening to capt beefheart. haha

I drive a roll-back.

I can tell you, it's not the speed, but the sudden stop at the end.

Acceleration, deceleration, whatever...

Trees don't move, nor do bridge abutments (usually 😯)

The whole point of that airbag exploding into your face is to give you milliseconds instead of nanoseconds to come to a stop.

No, trees do NOT move. That's why my ranger has a green bed on a black body. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

people really raise an eyebrow when they catch you listening to capt beefheart. haha

Trout Mask Replica! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

ETA: My first album ever was Hot Rats.

I wore the grooves out!

My favorites were Willy the Pimp and Peaches en Regalia.....

I'm changing the thread title back. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I didn't get nearly the responses I expected.

Maybe I'm just toooo far out there for you guys???

Gotta admit, I didn't even notice the change in title :nabble_smiley_blush:. But I was wondering where the reference to an obscure album came from.

I used to listen to music all of the time, mostly what are now often called "the good bands", Beatles, Stones, Zep, Skynyrd, Boston, Steve Miller, Kansas....

Then I got married. Lesley listened to country music, so that was usually what was on any time we were in the car. And then we had kids, and "Barney's Greatest Hits" became the norm on the tape deck. Later I was driving groups of Scouts on campouts or whatever. Through those decades I often didn't have my music on and kind of got out of the habit of listening to music all of the time. I don't even have a stereo in the garage anymore.

I do have all of my music digitized, and I put it on MP3 disks so I can listen to 10 hours on the stereo in Oswald before I need to change the disk. But the stereo in Pluto died again a few years ago (it gets water in it from the leaky fold-down windshield), and the Dodge stereo doesn't play MP3s. So I don't even listen to anything while I'm driving anymore.

I was listening to Zep4 yesterday.

Back in high school I would BLARE Black Dog on my 400w Kenwood to wake the neighborhood when I got home from my overnight shift around 7, then I would be at school by 7:30 homeroom.

Some neighbors didn't like me much, but at least It was (for the time) monster tunes from LZ like Kasmir 😂

I like both types of music, Country & Western! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Have any comments about the uproar today, about a certain VERY TALENTED singer of another genre releasing a country album?

I've listened, and I may not be the country demographic but I think it's quite good!

Back in high school I would BLARE Black Dog on my 400w Kenwood to wake the neighborhood when I got home from my overnight shift around 7, then I would be at school by 7:30 homeroom.

Some neighbors didn't like me much, but at least It was (for the time) monster tunes from LZ like Kasmir 😂

Have any comments about the uproar today, about a certain VERY TALENTED singer of another genre releasing a country album?

I've listened, and I may not be the country demographic but I think it's quite good!

ah yes, the good ole days. nova rollin on crager gt's with a harwood up front and 500w through ten speakers. yup! you heard me!

.... Have any comments about the uproar today, about a certain VERY TALENTED singer of another genre releasing a country album?

Country isn't what it used to be, and in my opinion that's a good thing. When I first had to listen to Lesley's music I did have to put my foot down at times, saying "that's just too twangy." Now mainstream country music sounds more like what we used to call southern fried rock (i.e. Skynyrd). A lot of that has actually made it onto my MP3 disks.

Then several years ago artists started trying to mix country with rap. I call that genre country-rap, or C-rap for short. Fortunately that seems to have died off.

So now Beyonce wants to put her flavor on country music. That's fine. Artists can express themselves however they want. But just because they want to doesn't mean I need to like it. I've heard a couple of her songs on the radio, and if I hear them again I'll probably change the station. But I haven't heard either one a second time, so I don't think they're catching on, at least here. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But my preference is that they don't.

Since we're on the subject... (just infusing myself into this as though I were part of the previous conversation)... I hate 99.999999999% of music. To be fair, my first experience in life with music was the Black Eyed Peas and Gwen Stefani. Guess that prejudiced me toward the art form as a whole. IF you can even call it "art" anymore... I can't stand most of what comes on the radio, which I'm forced to listen to at work. It's all either mindless dance music, or sappy relationship-oriented junk. Unfortunately, the station our radio is always set to only plays the "top 40's", which somehow always seems to end up being the Police at least every other song. I hate that band's music with a passion.