Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: Yes, I know that feeling, and the LOL is 'cause someone was trying to talk to you, not that you had spatter in your ear.

Yes, spatter gets everywhere, much like media when blasting outside - which I hope to never do again. In fact, I "gave" my outside blaster to my brother and said "I'll know where it is if I ever need to use it again." But spatter tends to be a bit more painful than a grain or two of media. So it is best to plug all orifices and wear protective clothing.

But that does remind me of using a cutting torch on my '58 Chevy. Felt strong hands on me and discovered Dad was pulling me out of the car as I'd caught it on fire. He'd been yelling and I couldn't hear him, so out I came.

The smell of singed hair and burning ear wax is indelibly etched in my synapses! 😂

I can laugh now, but you better believe I sat bolt upright in a nanosecond and brained myself on whatever chassis that was that I was working on at the time.

Thankfully the welding hood took most of the blow to my head! 😉

The last time it was up, it was up for over 400 days.

As some of you know, I have had some severe lower back pain since late January. I am waiting for a call back to set up for surgery at the Jordan Young Institute at Norfolk VA's Sentara Leigh hospital.

As a result I am not doing anything in my garage, so in order to keep from going stir crazy, I have been working on this:

DSCN5706a.thumb.jpg.d6853c73cd545eb258a0e884df449295.jpg

DSCN5707a.thumb.jpg.300ed6397fe7b07186a90b876e1a62ae.jpg

As some of you know, I have had some severe lower back pain since late January. I am waiting for a call back to set up for surgery at the Jordan Young Institute at Norfolk VA's Sentara Leigh hospital.

As a result I am not doing anything in my garage, so in order to keep from going stir crazy, I have been working on this:

That's pretty cool Bill!

Are you able to sit for extended periods?

And some of you know, I was run over by a tractor trailer 40 years ago. (Mack DM900 for those that care)

I know all about broken spines, pelvises and excruciating sciatica.

Not to mention discs that don't exist anymore.

I can definitely relate. 🙄

So what is the cutters plan?

Cool!

What a mechanic man does if he cannot do mechanic, as a way to pass the time?

An engine Lego model, of course!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Take care, Bill.

That's pretty cool Bill!

Are you able to sit for extended periods?

And some of you know, I was run over by a tractor trailer 40 years ago. (Mack DM900 for those that care)

I know all about broken spines, pelvises and excruciating sciatica.

Not to mention discs that don't exist anymore.

I can definitely relate. 🙄

So what is the cutters plan?

I can sit, standing and walking is a problem, and until my PCP gave something strong, getting much sleep was an issue.

Plan at present is, the lady who called me Friday will see the Dr. Laurent sees the X-ray and MRI information and either he or she will call me to discuss options and timing.

Cool!

What a mechanic man does if he cannot do mechanic, as a way to pass the time?

An engine Lego model, of course!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Take care, Bill.

Having spent 30 years at the biggest private shipyard in the US, and actually being the technician who tested the mechanical properties of the plate Dr. Ballard brought up from the wreck, the Titanic always interested me.

The USS Texas (built by NNS) used the same style engines (vertical triple expansion) steam engines.

Having spent 30 years at the biggest private shipyard in the US, and actually being the technician who tested the mechanical properties of the plate Dr. Ballard brought up from the wreck, the Titanic always interested me.

The USS Texas (built by NNS) used the same style engines (vertical triple expansion) steam engines.

Did you have anything to do with Savannah's decommissioning?