Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

No mention of the 70's Dodge Monaco or Plymouth Fury 440 with police package.

Possibly not sleepers though...

:nabble_smiley_thinking:

Nor did they mention our son's new sleeper - Volvo XC90. In hybrid mode he says it'll surprise most people.

And they didn't mention Janey's GLK - the twin turbos make that thing a blast to drive. And with AWD it never spins, just puts all that torque to the ground - quickly.

In fact, they didn't mention Blue. The Max Tow feature got 3.55 gears instead of the standard tall gears, and it is surprisingly quick.

But the fact of the matter is that lots of newer vehicles are quick compared to the older stuff. Back in the day my '69 Bee was thought to be fast, but even basic stuff would blow it away today.

Nor did they mention our son's new sleeper - Volvo XC90. In hybrid mode he says it'll surprise most people.

And they didn't mention Janey's GLK - the twin turbos make that thing a blast to drive. And with AWD it never spins, just puts all that torque to the ground - quickly.

In fact, they didn't mention Blue. The Max Tow feature got 3.55 gears instead of the standard tall gears, and it is surprisingly quick.

But the fact of the matter is that lots of newer vehicles are quick compared to the older stuff. Back in the day my '69 Bee was thought to be fast, but even basic stuff would blow it away today.

so many of today's average cars are plenty quick enough. we had a saab aero 93 that was a blast. we were late one night, and my wife asked if I thought we could make it. I said shut up and hold on. we made it. and when we got there, she said "(expletive) I didn't know my car could do that". she just like the car.

We are only getting to 79F today. Seems strange that you will be warmer and yet so far north of us.

Well, Minnesota reality struck. After Wednesday, Thursday and Friday had highs near 90°, Saturday was 45° with a rain/snow mix. And this morning we woke up to this:nabble_smiley_sad: Oh well, the other part of Minnesota reality is that this won't last long either.

DSC_4619.jpg.70e8fe9063372c2f52ae9da93af46d16.jpg

We are only getting to 79F today. Seems strange that you will be warmer and yet so far north of us.

Well, Minnesota reality struck. After Wednesday, Thursday and Friday had highs near 90°, Saturday was 45° with a rain/snow mix. And this morning we woke up to this:nabble_smiley_sad: Oh well, the other part of Minnesota reality is that this won't last long either.

That's why they call it Minnesnowta?

• 3 weeks later...

Yah sure, dis is vhat ve have to live wid here!

My shop cat/house cat/best bud crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. I was halfway expecting it, but also holding onto hope that he would pull through. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, and I am beyond heartbroken. This little guy was always by my side, and constantly hopped up into my trucks to hang out whenever I was working on them. We rescued him from the shelter in 2019, and the fact that we only had a few short years with him stings, but at the same time I am eternally grateful for the past few years. He will be greatly missed each time I am out working on my trucks, but I have laid him to rest directly behind where I park my trucks so that I can see his resting place each time I walk the path from my shop.

343750192_211458541603149_1702627220408831527_n.thumb.jpg.8bb9a1b8fed370e208d4c59ddb76454d.jpg

343955816_535139388782093_8269952792375468410_n.thumb.jpg.d47b0dec222312ba961c94f4cc57df8e.jpg

343775407_180059834913267_7882593147699837104_n.thumb.jpg.85125bd52bb89c232caed36a220aeb75.jpg

My shop cat/house cat/best bud crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. I was halfway expecting it, but also holding onto hope that he would pull through. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, and I am beyond heartbroken. This little guy was always by my side, and constantly hopped up into my trucks to hang out whenever I was working on them. We rescued him from the shelter in 2019, and the fact that we only had a few short years with him stings, but at the same time I am eternally grateful for the past few years. He will be greatly missed each time I am out working on my trucks, but I have laid him to rest directly behind where I park my trucks so that I can see his resting place each time I walk the path from my shop.

Sorry to hear that. Nothing compares to a pet like that.

This is truly sad Shaun. Sorry about it.

We get so attached to these lovable companions.