Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Got eh new intake installed, new valve cover gaskets and the carburetor set on top. First thing i noticed right off the bat. I wanted to see if the accelerator and cruise control cable would fit, they did. Always since we've owned this car, the gas pedal was always a bit hard to push and sat to close to the floor, hence you could never floor it so to speak. Since i attached it to the holley, I have pedal and it's the way it is supposed to be. Thats a head scratcher there. I had started looking around for a new cable, but dosen't look like i'll need one right now.

Great! Looks good and should work nicely. :nabble_anim_claps:

We fired it up and have oil dumping out of the back of the intake. Something told me we didn't use enough Black rtv, so guess what we are doing today. Needless to day, we did get to drive the car, up the ramps, It walked up the ramps without even giving it the gas. Wow. I cant wait to drive this thing

We fired it up and have oil dumping out of the back of the intake. Something told me we didn't use enough Black rtv, so guess what we are doing today. Needless to day, we did get to drive the car, up the ramps, It walked up the ramps without even giving it the gas. Wow. I cant wait to drive this thing

Bummer!

In reality you can’t have too much RTV, but you sure can have too little.

And I like to issue cut off bolts as studs to guide the intake down so it doesn’t slide.

Bummer!

In reality you can’t have too much RTV, but you sure can have too little.

And I like to issue cut off bolts as studs to guide the intake down so it doesn’t slide.

I'm giving myself totally bad on this one. I should have known better, but hind sight is 20/20. last weekend when we were putting it on, i said to myself, this isnt enough, but did it anyway.

I'm giving myself totally bad on this one. I should have known better, but hind sight is 20/20. last weekend when we were putting it on, i said to myself, this isnt enough, but did it anyway.

A couple of things, one, I got a new trailer! Woohoo!

A4143DC3-81E0-46B8-ACB6-53EE3189080C.jpeg.7568b9ce9bd588bf5c9275df780e75b0.jpeg

Monday I had an Eaton Detroit Truetrac installed in the rear of my GMC. And after playing with it to see how it works and driving over the passes today, I highly recommend it.

Seamless operation, works quick and I think, predictable. Parts of the road looked slick today but I didn’t slide any. I’ll know more about it on packed snow and ice if we get anymore this winter.

A couple of things, one, I got a new trailer! Woohoo!

Monday I had an Eaton Detroit Truetrac installed in the rear of my GMC. And after playing with it to see how it works and driving over the passes today, I highly recommend it.

Seamless operation, works quick and I think, predictable. Parts of the road looked slick today but I didn’t slide any. I’ll know more about it on packed snow and ice if we get anymore this winter.

Very nice Dane - on both counts!

Yes, very nice!

I like my Truetrac, and you are right - it just works. Nothing to know about it but that.

So, what's the plan for the trailer?

One plan is to help my son move to Georgia for Physicians Assistant school and maybe back to where he goes from there.

Other plans are, I’m sure I’ll find plenty to do with it. :nabble_smiley_happy: